The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Habs intend to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible!

TheRick

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Actually I'm well aware they drafted him, I've discussed it countless times when going over the Baertschi trade. 

Stop posting like a third line plug. Oh wait that's who you're named after...

Have a look at your original post. I think it's clear you had no idea. Aren't you named after a washed up loser? Hmm...

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Have a look at your original post. I think it's clear you had no idea. Aren't you named after a washed up loser? Hmm...

Not my fault you can't comprehend straight forward posts. Or maybe you just do it to get in arguments cause you have nothing of substance to post.

Either way I'd rather be named after a legendary actor than an Islanders cast off.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Not my fault you can't comprehend straight forward posts. Or maybe you just do it to get in arguments cause you have nothing of substance to post.

Either way I'd rather be named after a legendary actor than an Islanders cast off.

Ya maybe there is more to the name outside hockey. My reading comprehension isn't the problem your knowledge of hockey is the problem.

5 minutes ago, Fidds said:

Our gm not much better, Linden Vey for a 2nd.

A 2nd round pick we got from trading Garrison (who cost us nothing).

That 2nd round pick ended up being Roland McKeown who looks to be a depth defenseman (something we have plenty of).

You win some you lose some. I think he made up for that by snagging Demko with our other 2nd and Tryamkin with our 3rd.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya and I wouldn't trade him for Baertschi but apparently you would.

hanifin for hamiliton is a saw off ,doesn't give Anderson any better chance at cracking the line up I mean its been 3 seasons already. they lose  toughness in ferland slight edge for Anderson there but , back to the Baertschi Anderson trade , the canucks have done well in drafting good defense not withstanding the lose of that 53rd pick. Baertschi 66 games with the flames 259 games oa and 112 pts. given the canucks D prospects you wont hear me complaining about Baertschi , didn't he precipitate that trade by wanting out of Calgary?

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

hanifin for hamiliton is a saw off ,doens't give Anderson any better chance at cracking the line up I mean its been 3 seasons already. they lose  toughness in ferland slight edge for Anderson there but , back to the Baertschi Anderson trade , the canucks have done well in drafting good defense not withstanding the lose of that 53rd pick. Baertschi 66 games with the flames 259 games oa and 112 pts. given the canucks D prospects you wont hear me complaining about Baertschi , didn't he precipitate that trade by wanting out of Calgary?

Yes he did want out. Which dman have we drafted recently that are playing? 

Andersson is 21 and played very well in Stockton last year. I would have loved him on the Canucks. I imagine Andersson will start as the #6 dman.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Andersson is 21 and played very well in Stockton last year. I would have loved him on the Canucks. I imagine Andersson will start as the #6 dman.

Tryamkin is playing....in the KHL. 

10 minutes ago, Fidds said:

Our gm not much better, Linden Vey for a 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Trading 2nd rounders for question marks is always a terrible idea. May as well draft your own question marks.

If you really think an NHL gm would just give away a 2nd round pick for a random question mark you are out of your mind. Not all of these type of trades work out (obviously) but gms don’t just give away picks for a guy that they know nothing about. There’s a reason gms make these trades because they think a certain player can help an area of their team and it doesn’t always work out. You’re clueless if you think you could do a better job than an nhl gm

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin is playing....in the KHL. 

Ya don't remind me. He was a steal for sure. Perfect example of why I hate trading picks. I think Andersson is going to come back to bite us. Fans need to have patience especially during a rebuild.

1 minute ago, Eastsidenuck said:

If you really think an NHL gm would just give away a 2nd round pick for a random question mark you are out of your mind. Not all of these type of trades work out (obviously) but gms don’t just give away picks for a guy that they know nothing about. There’s a reason gms make these trades because they think a certain player can help an area of their team and it doesn’t always work out. You’re clueless if you think you could do a better job than an nhl gm

Thanks newb.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

do you live under a rock? if Anderson couldn't crack the flames line in the last 3 years then I would dare to say that woo and hughes sautner and chatfeild not having played any nhl games 'using your logic' they must be just as good as Anderson....no?

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing to think how poorly they've managed their roster.

Aren't they almost out of cap space? And they still have Nurse and Strome to sign?

I don't see how they do that without unloading Lucic or RNH. And they're definitely not improving their roster if that's the case. I guess McDavid will just have to score 200 points next season...

What significant roster moves have they made to date this off season, none I know of.

They should of signed Cam Ward as insurance because if Talbot fails GM's around the league have Chiarelli by the "lower body".

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

do you live under a rock? if Anderson couldn't crack the flames line in the last 3 years then I would dare to say that woo and hughes sautner and chatfeild not having played any nhl games 'using your logic' they must be just as good as Anderson....no?

Do you live under a rock? A lot of rocks?

Gio

Brodie

Hamilton

Stone

Hamonic

Tough D to crack. Again he is a 21 year old dman. You insinuated he wasn't good because he has only play 10 games or so. Now you're flipping things. Lol

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing to think how poorly they've managed their roster.

Aren't they almost out of cap space? And they still have Nurse and Strome to sign?

I don't see how they do that without unloading Lucic or RNH. And they're definitely not improving their roster if that's the case. I guess McDavid will just have to score 200 points next season...

Try to keep up.

Oilers sign Ryan Strome to two-year contract

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/oilers-sign-ryan-strome-to-two-year-contract

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

What?

Horrible grounds on which to be bad mouthing Burke - who brought the GD Sedins here.

What was his definition of Sedin again?

Anyhow, I agree with one part - that this is probably a waste of time.

"polarizing" isn't really grounds for you to be calling him "shameless" or "unscrupulous". 

but whatever.  it's meaningless.

Yeah, that's all okay. Opposite views make the world interesting, eh?

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Do you live under a rock? A lot of rocks?

Gio

Brodie

Hamilton

Stone

Hamonic

Tough D to crack. Again he is a 21 year old dman. You insinuated he wasn't good because he has only play 10 games or so. Now you're flipping things. Lol

no i'm ,not my point being the canucks have done well without him coming our way if the Baertschi trade doesn't happen, nobody would ever know if he could have cracked the  line up if the trade never happened ,but it did and the canucks aren't worse because of it.

9 minutes ago, 6string said:

What significant roster moves have they made to date this off season, none I know of.

They should of signed Cam Ward as insurance because if Talbot fails GM's around the league have Chiarelli by the "lower body".

None.

Brodziak, Reider and Gravel.:lol:

Archived