The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Habs intend to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible!

TheRick

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Amazing to think how poorly they've managed their roster.

Aren't they almost out of cap space? And they still have Nurse and Strome to sign?

I don't see how they do that without unloading Lucic or RNH. And they're definitely not improving their roster if that's the case. I guess McDavid will just have to score 200 points next season...

I could see chiarelli trading RNH to mtl for pacioretty... frees up 1.5 mill in cap for this season and mtl gets a centre. 

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

no i'm ,not my point being the canucks have done well without him coming our way if the Baertschi trade doesn't happen, nobody would ever know if he could have cracked the  line up if the trade never happened ,but it did and the canucks aren't worse because of it.

No we aren't worse atm but I do think he will become a pretty good dman and we have a going to be 26 year old forward that has never put put up more than 18 goals and 35 points.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm developing a theory whereby the league appoints clueless, lame-duck, dullards to GM CDN franchises. Or shameless, unscrupulous insiders like Burkey.

Usually, the struggling location has a financial and/or bldg issue. League helps 'smooth that over' at a cost. Could explain blatantly hapless transactions, like the Duch/Turris/US sweetheart teams...

Top picks are filtered down south. Or recent top picks, who've done their job in already drumming up draft day interest(for said struggling market), from yrs past.

Such locales will never attract key UFA's(affordably) thus are stuck as 'developing nations'.

Basically, some lesser teams become a feeder-system for about 10~12 key US markets(+ perhaps Hogtown).

...Wouldn't surprise me if these lame duck GM's have numbered bank accounts in Switzerland, for lovely donations. In Mtl, Bargain-bin seems a candidate! He's got a wardrobe to keep functioning.

Probably would've been better off to separate Cdn & US pro leagues...

wow

you really live on a different planet then me

or you are drinking/inesting something pretty strong over there

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

No we aren't worse atm but I do think he will become a pretty good dman and we have a going to be 26 year old forward that has never put put up more than 18 goals and 35 points.

so he's only 4 years than Anderson atm  lol

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I got ANOTHER theory that the summer heat's getting to everybody! :^) We don't need an argumentive marriage, if one hangs 'round here enough!

If Van EVER won it all, they'd be arguments over parade course/start time/beverages...

no I have it already....:P

Pride_Route2014.jpg

6 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Idk... they’ve been known to sell low before lol

True but imo patches is worth more. But I agree it's a trade both teams need.

RNH finished the year with Mcdavid but I think patches a proven shooter would be better on that wing.

4 hours ago, rekker said:

I don't get the reasoning for Bergeven to come out and say this publically. He just looks desperate and if no good offers come in he has backed himself into a corner. Not sure what the French word is for tool. But Bergeven = Le Tool. 

Just to make sure Subban hears it.

42 minutes ago, 6string said:

What significant roster moves have they made to date this off season, none I know of.

They should of signed Cam Ward as insurance because if Talbot fails GM's around the league have Chiarelli by the "lower body".

They signed Brodziak and Rieder.

And the Canucks are the ones getting criticized by the Toronto Sports Network. Go figure.

4 hours ago, Solinar said:

Try make it a player and a blue chip prospect and leave the draft picks on the board.  Of course, I'd be talking to Edmonton...  Hey, want our broken d-man, over-'Price'd goaltender and scoring winger for....

If you can get Draisatl, maybe you can sell it to the fans by saying that Germany is at least close to France?

Might not fly though. Germany invaded France...twice. :) 

53 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya don't remind me. He was a steal for sure. Perfect example of why I hate trading picks. I think Andersson is going to come back to bite us. Fans need to have patience especially during a rebuild.

Still is a steal until 2022. 

37 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

I could see chiarelli trading RNH to mtl for pacioretty... frees up 1.5 mill in cap for this season and mtl gets a centre. 

Makes sense on alot of levels.

Maybe RNH and Domi can find chemistry and a clean slate there. And Edmonton needs a legit sniper to play with McDavid.

Looking at the Montreal roster now makes me sad. That was a team that wasn't that far off from contending. Then a few boneheaded moves like trading Subban, Sergachev, and letting Radulov and Markov go, and hiring Julien just made a mess. Feel bad for Carey Price more than anyone.

Archived