The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Habs intend to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible!

TheRick

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

if true....

not going to offer extension

intend to trade asap....

why undermine one's leverage by showing your hand like this?

It honestly seems like he thinks this is a way to drive demand and drive the price up. One more reason he is the worst GM in the NHL.

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

if true....

not going to offer extension

intend to trade asap....

why undermine one's leverage by showing your hand like this?

I’m not. Subscriber of the athletic. But from the context of the tweets it sounded like it was an Eklund style “source”.  Not an official statement from the Montreal organization.  Either way, the tire fire continues on unchecked. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I’m not. Subscriber of the athletic. But from the context of the tweets it sounded like it was an Eklund style “source”.  Not an official statement from the Montreal organization.  Either way, the tire fire continues on unchecked. 

maybe part of the problem is the lack of incisiveness of some of these sources, projected onto GMs.

Bergevin can make you wonder but not quite to the point where I can believe he's revealing both a lack of intent to re-sign and a desperation to trade asap - at the same time.

that said, I like the Armia deal.  So if it were just a queston of his last move, a bit of credit - but overall.....still frightening what he might do with Pacioretty whether he's rushed or not haha.

Just now, oldnews said:

maybe part of the problem is the lack of incisiveness of some of these sources, projected onto GMs.

Bergevin can make you wonder but not quite to the point where I can believe he's revealing both a lack of intent to re-sign and a desperation to trade asap - at the same time.

that said, I like the Armia deal.  So if it were just a queston of his last move, a bit of credit - but overall.....still frightening what he might do with Pacioretty whether he's rushed or not haha.

Bergevin does fine on smaller deals for the most part.  He cashed in on Weise to Chicago for Danault and 2018 2nd.  Did well with the Armia deal.  Picking up Byron off waivers.  Signing Radulov (we won’t talk about the subsequent mess). Benn for Pateryn (a player that HAD to be moved because of his wife’s racist rants on Twitter), I even like the organizational moves he’s made this summer (replacing Laval’s coaching staff,Burrows adding Ducharme, Richardson to the Habs coaching staff.  

Its the big trades, his tendency to side with the crappy French coach over a young star player, and his insistence on keeping said crappy French coaches where he REALLY drops the ball 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, rekker said:

I don't get the reasoning for Bergeven to come out and say this publically. He just looks desperate and if no good offers come in he has backed himself into a corner. Not sure what the French word is for tool. But Bergeven = Le Tool. 

ABC+The+Gong+Show+promotional.jpg

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It honestly seems like he thinks this is a way to drive demand and drive the price up. One more reason he is the worst GM in the NHL.

Someone is pissed you took away his title that he earned the right way:

edmonton-oilers-general-manager-peter-ch

On 2018-07-10 at 4:44 PM, rekker said:

I don't get the reasoning for Bergeven to come out and say this publically. He just looks desperate and if no good offers come in he has backed himself into a corner. Not sure what the French word is for tool. But Bergeven = Le Tool. 

How the the Mcallester girls line from Home Alone, les sa competant... (** terrible spelling of course**) 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Bergevin does fine on smaller deals for the most part.  He cashed in on Weise to Chicago for Danault and 2018 2nd.  Did well with the Armia deal.  Picking up Byron off waivers.  Signing Radulov (we won’t talk about the subsequent mess). Benn for Pateryn (a player that HAD to be moved because of his wife’s racist rants on Twitter), I even like the organizational moves he’s made this summer (replacing Laval’s coaching staff,Burrows adding Ducharme, Richardson to the Habs coaching staff.  

Its the big trades, his tendency to side with the crappy French coach over a young star player, and his insistence on keeping said crappy French coaches where he REALLY drops the ball 

I agree with all of this...EXCEPT for the fact that he's siding with the crappy French coach. I kind of think this was the game plan for the Habs and they lived and are currently dying by that game plan. They wanna be tougher. Not just defensively, but period. Both of the last coach hires were conducive to this train of thought. Both didn't like Galchenyuk. They traded PK, which has not worked out well for them at all with all of Weber's injuries. The fact he wasn't fired for this is still boggling my mind as he is continuing to make moves. They made the move for Drouin, which on the surface looks like a change in philosophy, but TB kept him down for so long that he became reliable enough on the defensive side of the puck. 

All in all, it just seems like a GM philosophy and anyone who is going to play soft is out. Might be why Patch is on his way out. Their captain is not embodying what they want for the culture they are looking for. Nevermind understanding that what they are looking for could actually be the wrong thing.

7 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I wonder if Patches has a conference preference. I could see SJ or ANA going after him. I know the LAK were close, but their addition of Kovy kinda kills this. 

It was rumoured that he was interested in going to Florida 

Archived