The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

SuperJr

49 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Oh yeah just his size and shot. No big deal lol

Dahlin has fairly significant advantages over Hughes in both of these areas.  Dahlin is also about half a year younger than Hughes.

I love Quinn Hughes! I'm very hyped on him.  However I don't think he's quite as close to Dahlin as some of you apparently do.  

Yeah people need to pump the breaks lol . Quinn is going to be elite no doubt in my mind , but dahlin is going to be a perennial Norris winner , kids amazing .

• Upvote 1

Is this seriously a question and debate? 

Dahlin without question is the better dman. I love Quinn, and I love the Canucks. But let's be real here. 

There's a reason why Dahlin is the #1 overall pick in a deep draft. Quinn will be very good, but Dahlin is borderline if not there already, elite. He is phenomenal. And he's going to win Rookie Of The Year. Buffalo's going to be a very good team because they've finally got a number one dman in their system. 

Comparing the two is ridiculous, cause, well, imo, there's no question who's the better player. Dahlin has a much better shot, stickhandles like there's no tomorrow, and his skating isn't bad at all. Hughes may have the slight edge, but what's that saying? They're both very good skaters. Dahlin at the end of the day, every single damn day. 

• Wat 2

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Was waiting for this, knew sooner or later, someone with few posts, would venture into this territory :rolleyes:

It’s not like it’s unprecedented. I mean there’s still some here who believe that Juolevi has been the best Defensemen taken in his draft. :lol::lol::lol: 

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 2

Having seen neither of them play an NHL game i can tell you Dahlin is Swedish and Hughes is American. Now any American will tell you its the greatest nation on earth and Americans are simply the best at everything so Hughes must be a better player right???

• Haha 1

This thread is a terrible idea.  

There is a reason why RD has been touted as the #1 pick in this draft for 3 years.  

He is a generational player.   

Hughes is great, but it is a jerk move to compare the two.    It’s just not fair to Hughes.  

Shot, power, d game, o game, size, hitting, etc.....

They just aren’t at the same level.  

This is kind of thread is why people trash talk Canucks fans.   

I am sure CDC is not the only fan board filled with silliness.  I am pretty sure any team in any sport with sufficient fans has also sorts of silliness going on.

Main difference for me is that Hughes plays for my team.  Can't stand Buffalo and hate that they got rewarded the way.  It was their blatant tanking that got the rules changed and have rewarded them while screwing us annually.

Hughes is raw excitement, but we have no idea though how these two will compare in the NHL until they get there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperJr said:

Rasmus Dahlin could simply be the best Dman prospect ever and some already label him as a generational talent, before he even step on a NHL rink. There is so much hype around Dahlin. In a similar fashion, the Canucks Nation is hyping our newest rock star Quinn Hughes. Yes, Dahlin is more hyped and is definitely a better prospect then Hughes, but what are the differences between the two? The obvious is Dahlin's overall size and plays more of a physical game compared to Hughes. But beside the obivious, when we look at hockey IQ, skating and overall offensive game is Hughes far off from Dahlin? First of all, I believe Hughes is at less at par in hockey IQ. Secondly, I also believe Hughes overall skating is a hair better. Finally, they both will have a huge impact on the offensive end for their teams. So what you guys think? What makes Dahlin that much better then Hughes?

This thread is hilarious, but not because of the OP, rather because of all the flaming going on for its creation.

OP clearly states that RD is the better prospect, even going so far as providing two reasons why, and simply asks for a discussion on the differences between the two, which is even in bold for everyone to read. 

:rolleyes:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

This thread is a terrible idea.  

There is a reason why RD has been touted as the #1 pick in this draft for 3 years.  

He is a generational player.   

Hughes is great, but it is a jerk move to compare the two.    It’s just not fair to Hughes.  

Shot, power, d game, o game, size, hitting, etc.....

They just aren’t at the same level.  

This is kind of thread is why people trash talk Canucks fans.   

What you see today WILL be very different from what you see in 3 years time....it ALWAYS is...

There may be a 95% chance that Dahlin is generational and better than anyone in his draft.....but there is always the other 5%

Just like Hughes may have a 50% chance of being the 2nd best D in the draft....but he also has at least that same 5% chance of being better than Dahlin....

To add to that ...right now ...I feel that Quinn has a higher hockey IQ and faster hands for take aways...as well as faster more accurate long bomb passes....

Personally I would put Quinn at about a 30% chance of being as good as Dahlin but whatever the percentage....there still is a percentage which makes these topic's

Valid...!

• Upvote 2

Wonder what a Daigle vs. Pronger thread would've been like before either of them stepped on the ice. 

'Daigle is a tremendous talent, c'mon man there is a reason Ottawa picked him first overall.'  ::D

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1