The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

SuperJr

30 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

What does pride have to do with it? 

Doesnt matter where he's from, his point was correct and I'll back that. I haven't bothered to read through the last 3 pages of useless arguments. Who cares. 

What point was correct?

He attacked my intellect and my persona....how is that correct...?

People with weak arguments and insecurities about themselves often attack the person they are debating with, instead of presenting a logical argument.  Look at Donald Trump, a perfect example.  It's called Ad Hominem argumentation.  It used to be a faux-paux back in the day when honour was worth something, but now it is just a common tactic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sounds like trump the deluded. Good for you!!

You have issues when you think you are intelligent as an anonymous poster but other anonymous posters are not. (block)

You post like trump would. You probably voted for that windbag, lying, pathetic human being. It is funny watching the good ole usa go from a respected nation to bottom of the heap. The guy is absolutely pathetic and you post with the same arrogance and idiocy he talks with. Congratulations! You made something of yourself in good ole buffalo.

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This is hilarious....no hockey talk just english lesson's by an American donkey's ass that doesn't realize other countries have different english than the States...

It is English after all and that is from England...not the U.S of Asses...

This is the Canucks forum and there are more people coming to the aid of a Sabre's fan than running him out of here.

Have some pride people...!

Holy crap.  How many alt accounts do you have?  I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only person on CDC who only has a single account registered.

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

What point was correct?

He attacked my intellect and my persona....how is that correct...?

He's talking about why I originally posted in this thread.  You know, the actual subject we all were originally discussing. 

I came here to talk about the players, not to argue with children.

Well even though the subject of the thread is ridiculous lets try to get back on topic.

There is, at this time, no comparison between the two players in the NHL.

IMO Hughes requires the Canucks play him with a player that is physical, can clear the front of the net or win the board battles.

All the talk is about when he/they have the puck, but which player can get the puck easier?

Physically, Dahlin is larger and stronger.

Dahlin played in a profession league and players playing for contracts, Hughes played in what is essentially a development league.

Dahlin is compared to the very best dmen over the last 20 years in the NHL.

Hughes doesn't really have a cotemporary.

Height - with the tenancy of teams to inflate to the next inch - Dahlin 6'2", Hughes - 5' 9"

Weight - Dahlin - 185 lbs, lean for his height Hughes - 170 lbs - should look ripped with "guns"

Remember when posters were putting Julievi on the pedestal as the next one, next year, then next year, then the next year, then …. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canucksnihilist said:

People with weak arguments and insecurities about themselves often attack the person they are debating with, instead of presenting a logical argument.  Look at Donald Trump, a perfect example.  It's called Ad Hominem argumentation.  It used to be a faux-paux back in the day when honour was worth something, but now it is just a common tactic.

That sounds like fake rationalization to me! :unsure:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

You originally quoted me on something before your edit.  Why did you continue reading the posts of me arguing with children?  :lol:

I changed my mind after reading more...

Edited by J-23

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tell me about it.  I didn't bother responding to his post because proving that Dahlin is the better prospect is easy.  My arguments were rational to everyone but the most ardent of homers.  Then the children chimed in and didn't like getting picked on after having their lack of awareness and intelligence pointed out to them.  Not just by me, but I'm usually game enough to argue and bicker back if I have the time available.

Edited by SabreFan1
added the word "having".

40 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I changed my mind after reading more...

I didn't catch the quote anyways, just the notification of it.  I'm just surprised people are continuing to read the posts of me arguing with children. :lol:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Shameless reputation fishing.  :lol:

Yup, just got my first one::D

None the less, I stand by my comments that any Canuck player is better than anyone else. I'm kind of a "da' Bears Bill Schwartski" kind of guy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Yup, just got my first one::D

None the less, I stand by my comments that any Canuck player is better than anyone else. I'm kind of a "da' Bears Bill Schwartski" kind of guy.

You're completely shameless! :lol:

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Do mean it is fake rationalization because you don't think ad hominum exists?

Or do you mean its employment is a fake rationalization and can be used to mean anything is OK?  That you actually agree with its use?  

In any case, not sure what you are referring to.  I'm not in favour of anything except hockey talk here, and if people are using this forum for anything else they should be kicked.  I don't believe in bigotry of any sort, including racism - which someone has alluded to here in this topic.  I am in no way defending said posts, just trying to explain how that in a world full of idiots you can expect most things to be idiotic.  too much self interest really...  whatever story people can tell themselves to make themselves feel good is the one that they stick to, regardless of truth.  denial trumps sports as the favourite pastime of humanity (haha made a pun there)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canucksnihilist said:

Do mean it is fake rationalization because you don't think ad hominum exists?

Or do you mean its employment is a fake rationalization and can be used to mean anything is OK?  That you actually agree with its use?  

In any case, not sure what you are referring to.  I'm not in favour of anything except hockey talk here, and if people are using this forum for anything else they should be kicked.  I don't believe in bigotry of any sort, including racism - which someone has alluded to here in this topic.  I am in no way defending said posts, just trying to explain how that in a world full of idiots you can expect most things to be idiotic.  too much self interest really...  whatever story people can tell themselves to make themselves feel good is the one that they stick to, regardless of truth.  denial trumps sports as the favourite pastime of humanity (haha made a pun there)

Totally agree.

Still Quinn Hughes will prove to be the superior player to Dahlin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.

Still Quinn Hughes will prove to be the superior player to Dahlin.

I don't know man, Dahlin is supposedly quite the player...  Pundits calling him the Conor McDavid of defense, et all.  You don't get those kinds of accolades without good cause...

I think Quinn Hughes could be a Neidermeyer-level player if things really work out - I am really looking forward to seeing how he does!  But he isn't going to be a Bobby Orr-level player.  And guess what, I think all of us would be ecstatic about that!  

• 2 weeks later...