The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser scores hat trick in first game back

cuporbust

There's not much to take away from this besides the fact that his wrist shot still looks lethal, if not better than before. You can't really measure his compete level or much of the other things, but he looks good skating out there, making plays, and his shot is deadly. Great to see.

6 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

With even more confidence after a full rookie season, and healthy, I'd say Brock could be good for a 40 goal, 70 point season. 

You can bet after hitting the 29 goal mark in his rookie campaign, he's probably shooting for 40. Getting 29 in your first season definitely brings a lot of confidence out of the gates.

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

You can bet after hitting the 29 goal mark in his rookie campaign, he's probably shooting for 40. Getting 29 in your first season definitely brings a lot of confidence out of the gates.

Contract year this year too. This kid is gonna be an animal out there! Really excited for the Boeser show! Also big takeaway from this is even if the guys are only skating about 60% Brock wouldn’t be taking part in this summer league if his back wasn’t 100%.

13 minutes ago, BenMaverick84 said:

Boes-ley Snipes! 

(I don't care. My friends and I like saying it.)

I actually like that

Let's see, rookie year scores 29 goals in 62 games. I think he'll be on a mission this year, and if he plays a whole season, I can see him getting 40+. If Pettersson plays LW on the top line, then I think he gets 50.

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Kind of bold, but the guy is money with that shot. If he plays with top players, watch out.

News?  Ummm kind of but it was great to see that deadly wrist shot again...  a poster said "inferior players"...  i don't care who is in net, try to snag one of those shots.. like just no!  Elite goalies in the nhl could only wave at it as it went by into the twine... 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, cuporbust said:
Dustin

Byfuglien

Zach Bogosian

Nick Bjugstad F
Jake

Gardiner

Jake Guentzel

Alex Goligoski

Erik Haula

Nick Leddy

Ryan McDonagh

Casey Mittelstadt

Zach

Parise

Tyler Pitlick
Stu Bickel

Derek Stepan

Drew Stafford

James van Riemsdyk

Trevor van Riemsdyk
Nate Schmidt
Paul Martin
Matt Hendricks
Brock Nelson
Nate Prosser
Mike Reilly

Even if they were all skating at 60% , still a good sign. Lots of good players there. Wouldn't say " Inferior " exactly.  

No chit hey?  Guys in there?  lots of fans here would want on our team if we could get them...  inferior is the way the media writer put it, you know how they can be. Lots of mouth but a lil short on the brains to look at the big picture.  (shrugs)   Just because they called it "shinny" and guess what that told the writer? and he just stopped at that without checking it out i'm sure...  nothing new.... 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:15 AM, Jaku said:

He looked good. Even the play by play guy was surprised he scored on that 3rd goal. Boeser is just that good. 50 goals? I sure hope so. I have him pegged for 40 at least. 70+ points too. He's going to be a premier sniper in this league for a long time. 

No pressure right? :blink:

Archived