The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser scores hat trick in first game back

cuporbust

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I really think Boeser should be extended this Summer. Before he has a 40-50 goal, 80-90 point season. Give him Tarasenko dollars for 8 years. Which I think is just a Tarasenko contract. Long story short, give him 8 x 7.5 right now. If he has another season like last season he could be asking for 8.5-9mil, which I think he'll very likely have another really good year.

This exactly.  Or even worse Benning signs him for a shorter deal for a little less and he does what Tavares did to NYI (which might not have happened if they didn't low-ball him his last contract) when it's UFA time.   If he goes out and scores 50 that's ok too, joins some pretty pretty elite company on a very short lists of guys that have ever done that for us, 8-9 million won't be the end of the world if we have an Ovechkin like scorer on our team for nine more years locked in.   Laine and Mathews are also up (of course centers get more though) will make it interesting to see what they get and what sort of years they all have.  TOS PP will be sick but one of their two centers is going to have to play on the second line and Mathews won't like it if it's him (ha ha leaf land hope he's a baby about it).

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think last year, this would have been a story worth following.

Now we know that Brock is an elite scorer in the NHL so, good for him but not really news anymore.

It is July. Any hockey news is news.

I am honestly pretty damn stoked about the future.  We have exciting prospects and the team is young, fast and skilled.  I know a bit of grit is required, but these are the new building blocks for success in the future.  LOOOOVE Brock and so happy to hear this.

With that, a funny tidbit from the prospects game.  Met Jake, who was messing with his hair (as he tends to do).  After ribbing him a bit, he said "yeah, I really need a haircut", to which I suggested he go with the flow, like Brock.  Got a big hell no, as he explained he does his own thing.   Would be hilarious to have a team of flows, but it seems our guys have a strong sense of self and aren't followers.

Archived