The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] CHI acquire Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, '19 5th from ARZ for Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, '19 3rd

1 minute ago, Pears said:

So with Hossa gone, who have contracts we could eat? Ryan? Callahan? If Benning and Linden still have plans to “weaponize” our cap space. 

hopefully no one until the TDL when spending is at a max. 

Maybe the Hawks noticed how easy it was for the Wings to dump Datsyuk's contract on Chayka.....?

15 million of cap hit over 3 years.....and a salary of 1 miillion and then 750k....

Is Hinostroza enough to take that off the Hawks?

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Maybe the Hawks noticed how easy it was for the Wings to dump Datsyuk's contract on Chayka.....?

15 million of cap hit over 3 years.....and a salary of 1 miillion and then 750k....

he isn't an upgrade on anyone we have: https://www.nhl.com/player/vinnie-hinostroza-8476994

easy pass imo 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Its sad that the NHL maintains a toilet bowl franchise that allows them to take every bloated contract from original 6 teams.

Hinistroza to take Hossa? Only a moron who has never looked up from his spreadsheet to watch a guy play would accept that.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

what does this have to do with us?

just heading off the 'weaponize' our cap space argument. This isn't the kind of player we'd benefit from by taking on a bad contract. 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its sad that the NHL maintains a toilet bowl franchise that allows them to take every bloated contract from original 6 teams.

Hinistroza to take Hossa? Only a moron who has never looked up from his spreadsheet to watch a guy play would accept that.

His ears are burning.cropped_chayka.jpg?ts=1462472080

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

just heading off the 'weaponize' our cap space argument. This isn't the kind of player we'd benefit from by taking on a bad contract. 

I wasn't arguing to weaponize our cap to take Datsyuk - I was pointing out that the last time Chayka ate a cap dump like this, he did so for literally next to no value whatsover, so I'm not surprised the Hawks are calling.

The question about Hinostroza was rhetorical - not a question whether 'we' should step in and take that return - that's a non-starter imo.

Is that enough for Arizona?  I don't think so - but Chayka ate Datsyuk in exchange for moving up four spots in the draft, from 20 to 16 - and gave up a 2nd round pick in the process as well.  Horrible deal for Arizona.  No wonder they're the area code of choice.

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

How much is left to pay Hossa in actual salary?  Aren’t the Coyotes one of those bottom feeder teams that take on high Cap hits to get to the Cap floor, but only pay salaries that are a lot less?  I think his actual salary to be paid is only 1 million/ season, but the Cap hit is over 5.  Typical loser Coyotes move.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How much is left to pay Hossa in actual salary?  Aren’t the Coyotes one of those bottom feeder teams that take on high Cap hits to get to the Cap floor, but only pay salaries that are a lot less?  I think his actual salary to be paid is only 1 million/ season, but the Cap hit is over 5.  Typical loser Coyotes move.

Which begs the question of why does the league prop up a team like Arizona for a generation when they are not financially viable and have to resort to paper cap hits to meet the minimum?

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wasn't arguing to weaponize our cap to take Datsyuk - I was pointing out that the last time Chayka ate a cap dump like this, he did so for literally next to no value whatsover, so I'm not surprised the Hawks are calling.

The question about Hinostroza was rhetorical - not a question whether 'we' should step in and take that return - that's a non-starter imo.

Is that enough for Arizona?  I don't think so - but Chayka ate Datsyuk in exchange for moving up four spots in the draft, from 20 to 16 - and gave up a 2nd round pick in the process as well.  Horrible deal for Arizona.  No wonder they're the area code of choice.

I actually think Arizona is supported by Bettman because they are like the bottle return depot of the big spenders. 

Archived