The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] CHI acquire Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, '19 5th from ARZ for Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, '19 3rd

7 minutes ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Not sure how this trade helps Arizona, especially when they didn't need to reach the cap floor for this coming season, as well as next.  Maybe Chayka thought he was getting Jordan Eberle...... :huh:

It appears to this professional journalist that Mr. Chayka was not happy with the current Jordan on the roster and shipped him out for another. Further intel suggest that Mr. Bowman did not want to ship out a Jordan without getting one in return because the Jordan name in Chicago is kind of a big deal.  

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The league hates Luongo contracts but allows this kind of BS? It is essentially cap circumvention as well.

Luongo will end up collecting his final pay cheques with the Coyotes or the Sens or another budget team. He is a goalie with a lot of miles on him, as well as some serious injuries in the recent past. 

I love the Hawks FB Group.  People are losing it, wondering why they gave up Hossa for a bunch of prospects. (What is a salary cap dump?) Jesus Christ.  I can't believe how stupid people can be.  This is an awesome trade for the Hawks.  Unloading Hossa's crippling contract is a huge win.

15 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

I love the Hawks FB Group.  People are losing it, wondering why they gave up Hossa for a bunch of prospects. (What is a salary cap dump?) Jesus Christ.  I can't believe how stupid people can be.  This is an awesome trade for the Hawks.  Unloading Hossa's crippling contract is a huge win.

Apparently they've ramped up talks with Montreal and Carolina over Pacioretty and Skinner today.

But also:

Love John Chayka's creativity with how he is revamping the Coyotes roster. Wish Benning was creative with his trading too! 

At least Benning is creative with how he scouts and who he picks at the draft/signs as undrafted UFAs.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Setting the table for MDZ at 35% retained.

something has to happen there.... they only have 9 Fs and 6 D on the regular roster with 47/50 contracts in place: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks

and now just over 9 mil in cap space. I can't see them going into next year with just the depth in their farm system but who knows, maybe thats the plan. 

We have some cheapy Fs and defensemen. Its possible we could trade them some of that. Del Zotto on a retained deal, maybe Granlund? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he isn't an upgrade on anyone we have: https://www.nhl.com/player/vinnie-hinostroza-8476994

easy pass imo 

I don't think you've seen enough of Hinostrosa play.

He's a hardworking, gritty, bottom six winger/center who can kill penalties, play solid defense, and pitch in 35-40 points.  And he only makes 1.5 million. 

When it comes to value, he's actually a really good player.

I assume this is a trade for the future.  Nothing really left on the market this year to use the freed up cap space....so I guess play for a high draft pick this year, and use up the extra cap money next season.

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

What does arizona see in this hinostraza kid? Dude was a 6th round pick.

24 year old who just had a 0.5 PPG season. Potential to further develop. They are getting him for free essentially. 

Archived