The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schedule makers colluding with the Canucks

Doogie

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/about-that-canucks-2018-19-schedule-who-did-they-tick-off/amp

Every year the Canucks have to deal with a tough schedule but this coming year seems to be a lot tougher, with 17 of their  first 26 games on the road. Do you think because of the draft taking place in Vancouver this year, our draft luck, and Hughes projected to go first overall played a part in our scheduling. 

nhl is doing the team a favour actually

team always starts out strongish

so that many games on the road is ok

needs to get injury regime started

and lots of travel can help that happen

will allow for the extra players can be added / promoted

so we can get our true roster size of 30+ up and going

so no one gets too stale

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

nhl is doing the team a favour actually

team always starts out strongish

so that many games on the road is ok

needs to get injury regime started

and lots of travel can help that happen

will allow for the extra players can be added / promoted

so we can get our true roster size of 30+ up and going

so no one gets too stale

That and I'd rather have the bulk of our back half of the season at home. Regardless of facing opponents on their back to back nights or not.

i dunno, this could work out well for them. If Green can get a solid defensive system going early we might be able to shut down teams while they're still getting in form. 

It'll drive tank nation nuts. 

46 minutes ago, Doogie said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/about-that-canucks-2018-19-schedule-who-did-they-tick-off/amp

Every year the Canucks have to deal with a tough schedule but this coming year seems to be a lot tougher, with 17 of their  first 26 games on the road. Do you think because of the draft taking place in Vancouver this year, our draft luck, and Hughes projected to go first overall played a part in our scheduling. 

Hughes projected to go first overall? What? 

Edit: down with the old boys club and the nhl! 

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think the world juniors being in Van plays a part in that no?

Get that logic out of here.

With a young team, an extended road trip early could help a lot with coming together as a group.  Then we get an easier end to the season.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i dunno, this could work out well for them. If Green can get a solid defensive system going early we might be able to shut down teams while they're still getting in form. 

It'll drive tank nation nuts. 

Not only that, more home games down the stretch for us to go on another winning streak at the end of the year to solidify that 5th OA pick.

If it was me I'd expand the roster, tweak it up, with IR and keep a whole fresh line on the second game of every back to back. If not a whole line 2 fresh forwards and a fresh D man.

I would do this to lessen injuries and add energy to each of those second games, on these back to back games, lets call them the  'BTB' games. 

BTB games are where guys are more vulnerable to harsher injuries I'd imagine. BTB games might not be too too bad considering our younger team, but personally I wouldn't take chances I'd roll a taxi squad of 3 fresh sets of  legs on every BTB game. 

Why not change it up? Look at our injury history.I think this type of platooning of our resources is the way to go.

Saw a tired/rested chart somewhere.  Canucks play 11 times a rested team in a back-to-back - 2 teams are at 12.  The Canucks only have 3 games where they play a team doing a back-to-back while rested.  Edmonton at the other extreme plays 18 times a tired team after being rested and 8 times a rested team while tired.  

Players really like road games for building chemistry early in the season. Not to mention games will be easier early on as teams get their legs under them. I honestly think this plays into our hand. We have a young team, gonna have a bunch of new faces. Will be nice to be on the road being close instead of being at home doing their own thing. Then you also gotta worry about the scrutiny of home games, so getting some mojo going early by playing mostly on the road will be nice for any and all young guys that crack this roster.

Archived