The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

goals,goals...from who?

goog16

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I am a big fan of Benning’s plan but 270 – 356 goals is even a little high for me…if the Canucks can somehow score 255 goals next year, that would be amazing. Young players need to keep developing but the below scoring breakdown is not unrealistic (provided players have seasons the are capable of having).

Forwards:                                                     D-men:

Bo = 22;                                                       Edler = 9; 

Boeser = 32;                                                Stecher = 7  

Pettersson = 23;                                          Tanev = 4; 

Baer = 21;                                                   Hutton = 4;   

Sutter = 15;                                                 MDZ = 5;

Eriksson = 19;                                             Guddy = 3; 

Granlund = 15;                                            Pouliot = 7;

Virtanen = 15;                                              Biega = 2

Goldy = 14;                                                  

Leipsic = 12;

Gagner = 5;

Roussel = 10;

Schaller = 8;

Beagle = 3;

I'd rather read this article than the mockingly sarcastic trash that was on the OP. 

Seriously, just because the Canucks haven't done a deliberate, all out shameless tank, their rebuild deserves to be mocked and ridiculed?

7 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

When Marcus and the WCE retired everyone in the media asked "where will the goals come from?"

Certainly not from the Sedins.

Now that Daniel and Henrik have moved on someone else will provide the offense.

Will they score as much as Tampa Bay, maybe not but maybe the goal differential will be much better this year. Score 50 more than last year but don't give up 50.

Its going to be fun to watch, the speed game will be there and if we finish in the bottom 5 again next year so be it. We draft another possible star to add to the mix.

I'm glad someone mentioned this.  Thing is a lot of 3rd line guys can fill in admirably when a 1-2 line guy is injured on deep teams because the difference in skill between them isn't that broad.  Vegas proved that this year.  Of course you still need some high end skill to drive the line so can't just expect the Sedins production to replaced by Sutter and whomever, but it shouldn't be a shocker it is either.  Their job was to score, I suspect Green will bump the first lines Ozone starts up which will only help that line score more, but not much above .600, which the second line will also likely get too (therefore splitting the starts between those two lines).  Sutter should return to 40pts, maybe more if Pettersson can score 50pts, and the other winger will get their fair share as well, it's not hard to imagine them getting 60 goals from the second line which is more than the Sedins got.   Beagle should effectively replace Sutter on the third line or man a fourth line that plays 12-14 min a game shutting down one of the other teams top even strength lines.    It won't surprise me if we see a gross gain of 30 goals, twenty from the first line alone and an improved PP (Pettersson will help this), and a net gain of 15-20 which is enough to enter the zone of almost making the playoffs.  

Id rather pick top five again, and that might happen too, especially if key guys are injured again, but either way this teams offense isn't going to shrink much if at all, and could just as likely grow.

10 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

For those that don't want to click the link for whatever reason, some projected numbers for the forwards are 

Pettersson: 41

Virtanen: 20

Sutter: 21

Eriksson: 26

Baertschi: 25

Boeser: 42

Horvat: 33

Granlund: 24

Goldy: 18

Leipsic: 17

Gotta say I'd be surprised if some of these players, most of these players, had that many points this season. LOL. Jake I could see hitting 20, Boeser I think very well could hit 40. Everyone else I'd bet won't hit their projected numbers. Sutter is good for 10-15, Baer is good for 15-20 when healthy so that's not too far off, Horvat I think hovers around 20-25, Granny I think is around 10, Goldy and Leipsic I am not even sure crack the main roster and I could see one of them being a injury guy. That comes in, in case of injuries. So I guess 10-15 from one of or both of them, depending on how bad our injury situation is, isn't too far fetched depending on how many games they get if any. Eriksson is an interesting name though. I think he's gonna have to really re-find his game if he has any sliver of hope of finding the back of the net 26 times. Could happen though. There's a huge power vacuum with the Sedins gone.

All in all these numbers are incredibly hopeful, didn't even touch Pettersson's crazy 41 goal prediction. They have this team, in theory, outscoring Tampa Bay's totals last year by about 55-60 goals, they led the league. Lol.

I dont believe one of those numbers gets hit. 

Well, apparently Botchford believes with Vanek and the Sedins gone, the Canucks will not score enough. But I disagree. I think this will be a new, exciting, fast Canucks team. A full year of Boeser, and Pettersson making his debut. Maybe even Hughes makes the team and racks up a bunch of assists. Line combinations can make a difference too. Putting Eriksson and Sutter with Pettersson, for example, may increase Loui's and Brandon's point totals.

D. Sedin - 23

H. Sedin - 3

Vanek - 17

That's 43 goals from them all last year. I believe the Canucks will more than make up for that with Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes etc. 

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Pettersson is more likely to hit 40 than Granny is to hit the 24 they have him projected at. Unless he becomes that 2nd line center we desperately need. :P

Granlund scored 19 two years ago.  Do you really think it's a stretch to score 5 more goals.  If he stays healthy and they use him in an offensive role, that's easily attainable.

I guess I could see...

Pettersson:22

Virtanen:15-18

Sutter:18

Eriksson:20-30

Baertschi:25

Boeser: 35

Horvat:25-30

Grany:8-25

Goldy:8-25

Leipsic:5-15

I see Erik, Grany, and Goldy as real wild cards. I could see Erik getting lots of goals on the power play cleaning up garbage from B.B. and EP, plus if QH is on the point getting shots through. Also when teams start to over play both B.B. and EP to take there shots away it should really open up for the down low or net front player( whom ever that is).

Grany and Goldy are 2 players who have a really good shot and the abilities to score on a regular basis. There the kind of players who’s point totals can balloon if there line mates are the main focus for the defenders. Kind of like a Anson Carter with the Twins. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I'd rather read this article than the mockingly sarcastic trash that was on the OP. 

Seriously, just because the Canucks haven't done a deliberate, all out shameless tank, their rebuild deserves to be mocked and ridiculed?

Agreed but glass half full...when Benning pulls it off it will be fun to watch all the keyboard warriors scramble haha

12 hours ago, goog16 said:

Canucks Total Goals: 356

For the record, no team in the league scored more than 300 goals last season

It's like this was written by the Onion.

I have zero respect for a writer that can't spell Gretzky.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I am guessing the writer started the day with some Alaskan Thunder Crack, followed by some Strawberry Jerry, then finished the day off with some God's Cheese.

Boeser 44

Horvat 28

Baertschi 22

Pettersson 28

Virtanen 21

Eriksson 21:o

I could see these guys topping 20 goals.  Yup even LE, I think he finally gets it going with Vancouver this year.

In all honesty.. I wouldn’t mind seeing LE on Horvat and Boeser’s wing. He’s smart, plays responsibly and has the hands to put home Boeser’s shots. His skill set makes sense, and maybe would give him back that confidence he showed in his earlier days. 

I love the article, I am positive that the Canucks are trending in this direction but they are still a few years off from "scoring all the goals".

I wouldn't say that there are a slew of players poised for break out seasons but there are certainly some. Horvat should hopefully start to show some Scheiffle like numbers in a year or two and Sven B should also improve  (if he stays healthy). If Granlund gets to play in the top 6, we should also see 20 goals from him. Also, Jake should start getting more confident and popping the points, he was the best player on the ice many games into the end of season stretch last year.

Other than that, the defense on this team must be better to allow the forwards more scoring opportunities and more time with the puck and a few guys need to get bigger, stronger and more mature before they really break out and score a slew of goals.

This will happen, but the caveat is it likely won't be this year.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The article written by; Beggsy        

The Nucks have averaged losing 51.3 games for the last three years while trying to be competitive by signing and playing vets instead of more than one draft pick per year, shameless? more like embarrassing losing like that and not trying to,.....for three years. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Granlund scored 19 two years ago.  Do you really think it's a stretch to score 5 more goals.  If he stays healthy and they use him in an offensive role, that's easily attainable.

Feel like that’s more of an anomoly than anything. I hate to use tired comparisons but Cheechoo? Not to mention the Sedins are gone and as it stands now he has no offensive chemistry with anyone that I know of. I don’t see it, doesn’t mean it can’t happen though.

Hmmmm, I am sure the thread is sarcasm but some seem to take something from it. So let's take into the other teams, who will be facing the top checkers and best dmen now? It was mostly the Sedins last year, not always but even Boeser will not be a surprise this season.

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

So everyone suddenly have career years. All magically in the same upcoming season....

Our 1st line goes from unnoticeable to suddenly one of the best lines in the NHL.... 

And the lowest projection,  we score more goals than any NHL team did last season (blogger doesn't even waste the effort to google)

nice blog. 

Seems like you didn't waste the effort to read either.. ^_^

Archived