The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] PHI VAN

Lehtera and Sanheim and a 3rd

Sutter and Tanev 

With Philly losing Filppula and potentially needing to move Giroux back to Centre. I wonder if there is an opportunity to help them win now while taking back some defensive talent.  

Not sure if this is the exact pieces needed to be moved or if the picks work out this way but I feel like they could be a strong trading partner. 

Any my thoughts on what we could do to get Morin or Sanheim? 

I'm kind of meh about the components in this proposal...

1) I haven't seen him enough to claim either way, but was last season an anomaly for Lehtera?  His scoring went off a cliff last year, and to think that he and a 3rd for Sutter would be worthwhile potentially raises some issues.  Don't forget, we did just lose Hank and his 50 points to retirement and we don't know how ready Elias is at this point esp up the middle, so trading Bo's only viable support up the middle may worsen what's already been a question mark at best.  Maybe trade Granlund for him to buy low on Jori's offensive potential?

2) as others have said, Sanheim does have some offensive potential but can he play on the right side?  If we offload some of the other lefties I don't mind getting him back as a replacement, but Tanev's minutes need a replacement.  Guddy and Stecher shouldn't munch too many minutes.

a question mark and a middling asset (Jori and the 3rd), plus a decent player for two decent players with value seems at most like a lateral move, if not a downgrade for us.

I doubt that Giroux is going to have to move back to center. They have Couturier, Patrick, Lehtera and Konecny can play center. Weal can also play center even though he hasn't traditionally.

3 hours ago, YesWeCanNux said:

Lehtera and Sanheim and a 3rd

Sutter and Tanev 

With Philly losing Filppula and potentially needing to move Giroux back to Centre. I wonder if there is an opportunity to help them win now while taking back some defensive talent.  

Not sure if this is the exact pieces needed to be moved or if the picks work out this way but I feel like they could be a strong trading partner. 

Any my thoughts on what we could do to get Morin or Sanheim? 

I like proposal and we can always make room for young talent.....

Hextall repeated that he has no interest in moving any of their promising prospects.  He talks of a slow and steady rebuild and how deviating from the plan would set them back.  

Don't see Philadelphia as trading partner unless it's to swap prospects (or if the Canucks are interested in the likes of Weise, Weal, etc).

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

No thank you.  Sutter and Tanev are going to have great seasons here.  Sutter is going to play with EP, and put up 20 goals and 50 points.  Tanev is going to play with Hughes, and collect 20 second assists.  

Sounds like over valuing our guys.

Sutter’s career high in points was 40 in 09/10 and Tanev’s career high in assists is 18 in 14/15. Two career highs for guys age 28 and 29 seems like wishful thinking. 

I’m a massive Tanev fan too but I like the idea of Sanheim, Hughes, Juolevi going forward. 

4 minutes ago, YesWeCanNux said:

Sutter’s career high in points was 40 in 09/10 and Tanev’s career high in assists is 18 in 14/15. Two career highs for guys age 28 and 29 seems like wishful thinking. 

I’m a massive Tanev fan too but I like the idea of Sanheim, Hughes, Juolevi going forward. 

Tanev is way better than Sanheim.  Tanev Hughes is a fabulous pair.  Can’t judge players like Tanev by their points.  It’s moot anyway.  No way JB makes such a trade.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tanev is way better than Sanheim.  Tanev Hughes is a fabulous pair.  Can’t judge players like Tanev by their points.  It’s moot anyway.  No way JB makes such a trade.

I think tanev has been our been defenseman for years. He’s also our best trade chip and you need to give something up to get a player as good as Sanheim. There’s a lot of players better than Hughes and Juolevi right now that I wouldn’t trade them for. 

I also didnt bring up their point totals. I think Tanev could go pointless and have a great season but you gave him and Sutter career highs in points then told me that you can’t judge players like Tanev based on points ? 

We’re still not overly deep in our defenseman prospect pool. What would you be willing to give up for a first rounder that is projecting well and looks NHL ready? 

The irony. Many were constantly trading Tanev going into the draft to move up from seven and then we end up drafting Hughes at seven who will now be paired with Tanev. Hughes is a steal at seven!

Kinda like a two for one deal in my books! I was and still against Tanev being moved. 

8 hours ago, YesWeCanNux said:

Maybe, but it's not like Sutter has played anything but 3rd line minutes his entire career with some early tryouts in CAR before moving to PIT where he was buried behind Crosby and Malkin ... as far as career years go for defenseman they often start in their late twenties and go right on through their early thirties, it happens.   That said your probably right about both players, Tanev just can't seem to stay out of the infirmary (our current Salo), and I don't see Sutter helping Pettersson much offensively, he would have to be better than even we hope he is to drive that line which will probably include L.E. too.  It could happen though....

14 hours ago, YesWeCanNux said:

There is far more to hockey trades than points.  Philly can score - they lack exactly what Sutter and Tanev would bring.

52 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tanev and Sutter are a great duo for like a playoff care package to a bubble team, shut down centre and a shut down D

Agreed.  Philly is one of the teams that can specifically use more defensive players but they have a great young core of defenseman and have the fire power to compete. 

They have Gostisbehere (25), Provorov (21), Sanheim (22), Morin (23), Myers (21) in addition to Macdonald and Gudas still under contract. 

Hoping we can bring some of that our way. 

50 minutes ago, YesWeCanNux said:

Agreed.  Philly is one of the teams that can specifically use more defensive players but they have a great young core of defenseman and have the fire power to compete. 

They have Gostisbehere (25), Provorov (21), Sanheim (22), Morin (23), Myers (21) in addition to Macdonald and Gudas still under contract. 

Hoping we can bring some of that our way. 

maybe at the trade deadline ? especially if they have great years.. because we're a couple years away from competing for the post season berths

19 hours ago, mll said:

Hextall repeated that he has no interest in moving any of their promising prospects.  He talks of a slow and steady rebuild and how deviating from the plan would set them back.  

Don't see Philadelphia as trading partner unless it's to swap prospects (or if the Canucks are interested in the likes of Weise, Weal, etc).

I recall someone posting a tweet of Chicago's GM saying he wanted to keep Hinostroza. Might be remembering that incorrectly though.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I recall someone posting a tweet of Chicago's GM saying he wanted to keep Hinostroza. Might be remembering that incorrectly though.

Only the dumb GM’s (Bergevin and Dorian) come out publicly and say they are trading someone.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Only the dumb GM’s (Bergevin and Dorian) come out publicly and say they are trading someone.  

Yup, never take what anyone says to the media at 100% face value. Linden said he wasn't really close to being hired as President, then the next day we had announcements of him being hired. Lol. I stopped reading too much into things players, GMs, etc say. Everyone has a price. 

Archived