The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NY islanders 1-3-1 trap to playoffs

lets get honest here. the islanders have a sub par roster with some real "grit" and hitters which is trotz style BUT can they clean up the defensive end of the ice and protect the goalie so robin lehner doesnt get hung out to dry?                           in all honesty i forecast trotz to roll a very aggressive NZ 1-3-1 trap with two men deep forecheck where they slap and slash at the puck hoping it goes in.    talent sometimes cannot trump effort, no fancy goals just greasy ones.    islanders with a first round knockout in 2019 stanley cup

17 minutes ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

lets get honest here. the islanders have a sub par roster with some real "grit" and hitters which is trotz style BUT can they clean up the defensive end of the ice and protect the goalie so robin lehner doesnt get hung out to dry?                           in all honesty i forecast trotz to roll a very aggressive NZ 1-3-1 trap with two men deep forecheck where they slap and slash at the puck hoping it goes in.    talent sometimes cannot trump effort, no fancy goals just greasy ones.    islanders with a first round knockout in 2019 stanley cup

Let's get honest here.....were you drinking before you posted a rant about the Islander's playoff run next year during July on a Canuck's website?

PS - would be interesting for someone to draw how a 1-3-1 trap can have "two men deep" on the forecheck".....one of them needs to be a pretty quick dude to unless as going from two men deep to four men back is really hard to do without cheating, Vegas magic or time travel.   

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Let's get honest here.....were you drinking before you posted a rant about the Islander's playoff run next year during July on a Canuck's website?

PS - would be interesting for someone to draw how a 1-3-1 trap can have "two men deep" on the forecheck".....one of them needs to be a pretty quick dude to unless as going from two men deep to four men back is really hard to do without cheating, Vegas magic or time travel.   

forgot the peroid ( . )   the neutral zone trap and agressive two man deep forecheck are two totally different things.   also you will notice this section of the forum titled (around the nhl)     cheers

12 minutes ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

forgot the peroid ( . )   the neutral zone trap and agressive two man deep forecheck are two totally different things.   also you will notice this section of the forum titled (around the nhl)     cheers

Sure - just seemed like quite a random July post when teams haven’t even broken training camp and rosters are still far from certain.   

3 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

on Tuesday's I take my accountant's mechanic's cat to swimming lessons.

I'm that friend who tells people that the wasabi on the table in sushi restaurants is green tea ice cream.

Can't say that hasn't worked before...

Archived