The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Luongo

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

call me crazy but i have a feeling luongo doesnt want to come back to VAN, ever

Stranger things have happened

But yeah, I am sure he his is happy in Florida with his family eating pizza!

As much as I love Lu, I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea. He's far better than our current netminders based on his recent performance, but he's oft-injured and if he's injured and we have to go with Nilsson, we're gonna be in rough for a bit. On top of that, he's over $2M more than Markstrom and for longer.

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

As much as I love Lu, I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea. He's far better than our current netminders based on his recent performance, but he's oft-injured and if he's injured and we have to go with Nilsson, we're gonna be in rough for a bit. On top of that, he's over $2M more than Markstrom and for longer.

My proposal (half joke - half proposal) would also include unloading Nilsson for a bag of pucks so Lu can mentor Demko. I realise it's not very realistic but honestly think Lu is still better than Marky.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

5.3 cap for a backup in a couple years? Nah.

He's close to home, leave him be. Let him play out his career in peace. We wronged him enough for one career.

As I said he develops an equipment allergy in a couple years and retires a Canuck!

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Luongo
7 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

5.3 cap for a backup in a couple years? Nah.

He's close to home, leave him be. Let him play out his career in peace. We wronged him enough for one career.

his cap hit to the team he plays for is lower

his original team retained cap when he was traded

:P

:wub:

Archived