The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why so many mononucleosis cases for hockey players?

5 hours ago, butters said:

Maybe she married a guy who isn't so insecure about his prowess in bed that he needs his wife to be a virgin so that she has no lovers to compare him to.

Maybe she married someone who has no character either. Nice straw man argument there........

18 hours ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

Heh... NHL, CHL, OHL, QMJL.... and all of the hockey world.

I am a hockey fan.  I think hockey has come a long way. It has evolved for the better. There is one thing in sports that I think needs to be rethought about.

Especially in hockey!

Can you guess what might be the cause of mononucleosis?

PLEASE STOP SPITTING, hacking, and blowing your phlegm onto the ice surface!

I believe spit on the ice is preserved with the virus and is incubated once reattached to its next victim.

It does not add to the sport of hockey, and it is simply discusting if you think about it.

Most hockey players think they need to spit onto the ice. Why? Is it to prove how maculine they are?

Hmmm. So many kids and professional hockey players are getting sick with mono.

Its not classy.

Improve your hygienic practices!

Mononucleosis is not uncommon in the hockey world, but to say it is a problem? I'm not sure.  I don't remember the last time that an NHL team had more than 1 mononucleosis case at the same.  You hear maybe or a few cases every year, more often in the minors or junior, but rarely at the NHL.  

You hear much more often about a rash of flu or even the mumps than mononucleosis IMO.

19 hours ago, gurn said:

Why would he be a "poor guy".?

7 hours ago, butters said:

Maybe she married a guy who isn't so insecure about his prowess in bed that he needs his wife to be a virgin so that she has no lovers to compare him to.

White knights in the house.

I personally wouldn't like to find out my wife used to make it her mission to run a train on the local junior hockey team

But to each their own.

25 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I personally wouldn't like to find out my wife used to make it her mission to run a train on the local junior hockey team

But to each their own.

Especially if you found out it was when she was 35 at the time.

Cougar-Prowling-e1485290957860.jpg

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

But to each their own.

See above post.

There are a lot of reasons these things tend to spread around pro hockey teams.  See it with the flu every year.

These guys live and travel together and in general the hygiene of Hockey is deplorable.

Enough with the slut shaming.  @gurn has it right here.

The only part that concerns me there is that it is a junior team, though they do have players up to 20 y.o.

4 hours ago, gerry35 said:

Maybe she married someone who has no character either. Nice straw man argument there........

not a straw man argument. Here I will say it straight up... people who get upset that some women have had lots of sex are pathetic insecure man children.

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

But to each their own.

why so afraid of a woman that did what she wanted sexually?

Well, I mean... I know why. Using the phrase "white knight" is a dead giveaway. Incels and red pillers are and angry fearful lot.

13 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

To each their own.

Thing is you are or were not willing to leave it at "to each their own" you had to say something. Also I really don't care how many guys your wife was with before marriage, nor do I care how many women you were with prior to your marriage.

After marriage I am a huge believer in monogamy, however.

4 hours ago, butters said:

why so afraid of a woman that did what she wanted sexually?

Well, I mean... I know why. Using the phrase "white knight" is a dead giveaway. Incels and red pillers are and angry fearful lot.

Oh yeah I'm totally an Incel.  I'm actually married bud.

Also not afraid of a woman that did what she wanted sexually.  But marrying a chick who took a tally of how many "vipers shes piped" would be something I would avoid.  

Liberal, everything hurts my feelings, everything PC, did you just assume my gender people like You and @gurnare what's wrong with the world.  Go cry somewhere else.

8 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

You and @gurnare what's wrong with the world.  Go cry somewhere else.

so you have no problem with terrorism, crime, pollution, lying politicians, corrupt judges and cops and  on and on?

what a special life you must have.

Archived