The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Emery has passed away.

Jaku

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yikes, what a way to go, and far too young. Reminds me of Pelle Lindbergh. Died driving his Porsche 930 Turbo, at over twice the legal limit of alcohol at age 26. 

And Luc Bourdon. RIP Ray Emery. :(

I don't wanna make assumptions, but based on the time of the call I'm guessing alcohol was a factor. Just a reminder when you're out there drinking and taking a dip this summer, alcohol does affect how far and for how long you can swim. Don't take unnecessary risks.

RIP Ray.

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't wanna make assumptions, but based on the time of the call I'm guessing alcohol was a factor. Just a reminder when you're out there drinking and taking a dip this summer, alcohol does affect how far and for how long you can swim. Don't take unnecessary risks.

RIP Ray.

that may have been part of it but its also very easy to succumb to shock in cold water. People need more awareness of how easy it is to be affected by cold shock response where your body simply seizes up, it can happen to anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that may have been part of it but its also very easy to succumb to shock in cold water. People need more awareness of how easy it is to be affected by cold shock response where your body simply seizes up, it can happen to anyone. 

For sure that can happen. But with the heat wave going on in southern Ontario I'm thinking that was less likely a factor.

It's easy when you're drinking on a boat to slip and hit your head. Again I don't wanna make assumptions, but those are the risks when drinking out on the water.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Harrison Lake has been known for this.  Was my first thought too.

I saw his face on the TSN site and thought I would read an article that he had signed as a free agent.  Really emphasizes how young he has died.

At least he got to see his career through to its conclusion while he was alive, and accomplished some monumental things on the ice.

Archived