The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The ‘Mandela Effect’ and how your mind is playing tricks on you

RWMc1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

With works of fiction you can probably go back thousands of years.  There were probably Ancient Greeks waxing poetic about changing history.

Which further reinforces my point that the German scientist, much like Hollywood, was not the first to posit the idea of time travel. Whether any of the others knew anything about relativity or physics wasn't relevant to my point.  

8 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Which further reinforces my point that the German scientist, much like Hollywood, was not the first to posit the idea of time travel. Whether any of the others knew anything about relativity or physics wasn't relevant to my point.

If you include all of pre-modern science history then the idea of time travel is probably almost as old as language.  I'd be willing to bet some long forgotten religion had stories of their gods doing it in their stories.

Least of our worries..an apparently innocent passerby may have fallen prey to the Mandela Effect.. but might also be simultaneously suffering through childhood trauma(Dysfunc clan); PTSD & subsequent opiate medication/addiction; marijuana inhalation; a philandering gf; a domineering, *$$whole boss.. all exacerbated & amplified by the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

His stocks plummeted, business deteriorated, dog/car died & house flooded. He's finally read Orwell, & is beginning to see the MSM is kinda' funny sometimes...

Then he notices you're wearing the cap of the team he detests, & he doesn't like the smirk on yer mug. Dangerous just walkin down the street nowadays.

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail. Yes I would, If I could, I surely would. I'd rather be a hammer than a nail. Yes I would, If I only could, I surely would. CHORUS Away, I'd rather sail away Like a swan that's here and gone A man gets tied up to the ground He gives the world Its saddest sound, Its saddest sound. I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely woud. I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet, Yes I would. If I only could, I surely would.

I remember different lyrics to this song.

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

It's boring in here in summer so I  posted this in White Noise to see if it would generate conversations and for some reason a mod transferred it to Off Topic.

Maybe you posted this here in the first place, and you misremember?  :o

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe you posted this here in the first place, and you misremember?  :o

The more physicists learn, the more evidence there is for multiple universes. If I did post it here it would be in a different universe than the one where I posted in White Noise.

Some things people “misremember”.

It’s Oscar Mayer, not Oscar Meyer.

Sex and the City not Sex in the City.

We are the Champions has  no “of the world” at the end.

Monopoly man has no monacle.

There is no black at the end of Pikachu’s tail.

Berenstain Bears vs Berenstein Bears.

Curious George has no tail.

Luke, I am your father is No, I am your father.

C3PO has one silver leg is not all gold.

Mr Rogers says It’s a beautiful day in this neighbourhood not in the neighbourhood.

Mona Lisa is smiling not emotionless.

Kit Kat not Kit-Kat.

Sinbad never played a genie in any movie.

Forrest Gump says Life was like a box of chocolates not  is like.

Hannibal Lector says Good morning not Hello Clarice.

Jif peanut butter was never Jiffy.

Interview with the Vampire not a Vampire.

In Snow white the witch says Magic mirror on the wall not Mirror mirror.

Also it’s Who’s the fairest one of all not of them all.

Froot loops was never Fruit Loops.

Febreze or Febreeze?

Archived