The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ovechkin Wins ESPY For Best Male Athlete

JV77

First NHL player to win this award which makes it pretty significant and meaningful as the ESPY's are totally Americanized.

He beat out Jose Altuve (MLB), James Harden (NBA) and Tom Brady (NFL).

13 hours ago, JV77 said:

First NHL player to win this award which makes it pretty significant and meaningful as the ESPY's are totally Americanized.

He beat out Jose Altuve (MLB), James Harden (NBA) and Tom Brady (NFL).

FarawayUltimateChinchilla.gif?w=607&ssl=

12 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Yes.  SB 25-28.  There used to be a joke that went, "What does Bills stand for?"  "Boy I Love Losing Superbowls".

The Broncos used to be the "co-winner" for that honor (with Elway as the QB for three of those four SB losses).  Weird how history can change.

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

The Broncos used to be the "co-winner" for that honor (with Elway as the QB for three of those four SB losses).  Weird how history can change.

Even though the Bills went to the playoffs last season, I'm not very optimistic on their chances of making them this year.  I'd be just fine with a 5th Superbowl loss.  Win or lose, it's exciting when your team makes it that far.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Even though the Bills went to the playoffs last season, I'm not very optimistic on their chances of making them this year.  I'd be just fine with a 5th Superbowl loss.  Win or lose, it's exciting when your team makes it that far.

Especially if they're as exciting as that 1990 team.  Kelly, Thurman Thomas (even the backup Davis was really good) Reed/Lofton/Tasker/Beebe for WR's, Metz and Mckellar at TE....then Smith, Bennett, and Talley on the front 7.  That team was fun to watch.

It's a shame that Bills team in particular didn't win.  

Archived