The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet 650 Acquire Giants Radio rights

More

Sportsnet 650 Retweeted Vancouver Giants

Sportsnet 650 is now the home of Vancouver hockey, and @WHLGiants owner Ron Toigo joins @psolkowski, @DhaliwalSports & @CoreyHirsch on #TheStartingLineup now to discuss the big news and what the future has in store for his club. Listen: http://player.sportsnet650.ca 

Sportsnet 650 added,

TSN 1040 lost another radio deal to its rival. Giants officially with 650 now. Only matter of time they fold.

Just now, Squamfan said:
More

Sportsnet 650 Retweeted Vancouver Giants

Sportsnet 650 is now the home of Vancouver hockey, and @WHLGiants owner Ron Toigo joins @psolkowski, @DhaliwalSports & @CoreyHirsch on #TheStartingLineup now to discuss the big news and what the future has in store for his club. Listen: http://player.sportsnet650.ca 

Sportsnet 650 added,

Just listening to 650 right now, and heard the news.  Is 1040 soon to be toast?  

Unless they improve their signal this isn't good news at all.  As much as I dislike the two morning shows on TSN1040 it's good to have two different networks representing BC sports. 

47 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Unless they improve their signal this isn't good news at all.  As much as I dislike the two morning shows on TSN1040 it's good to have two different networks representing BC sports. 

I have issues with their online media player dropping out/off way too often.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I have issues with their online media player dropping out/off way too often.

thats weird your in the gulf islands ,im on the north coast 450 miles north of you ,and i'm on my neighbours wifi at the edge of bandwidth and it never drops for me.

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

thats weird your in the gulf islands ,im on the north coast 450 miles north of you ,and i'm on my neighbours wifi at the edge of bandwidth and it never drops for me.

Powell River, shunshine coast for me. Part of the issue is probably using Explornet satellite service, as no cable or telus high speed where I live, on the outskirts of town.

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Powell River, shunshine coast for me. Part of the issue is probably using Explornet satellite service, as no cable or telus high speed where I live, on the outskirts of town.

for some reason I thought you were on saltspring . so your on the comox ferry or the Langdale one?

I still think TSN's game day broadcasts are far superior than Sportsnet. It's what they put between those broadcasts that turns off fans. Having to watch the draft on Sportsnet without 'The Panel' really was underwhelming.

Archived