The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild sign Dumba

babalu

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well...damn

Good call

It was the Hampus Lindholm salary from a few years ago that had most in Winnipeg think this was the range he DESERVED to come in at. 

It has become clearly obvious that he doesn’t want to stay in Winnipeg. And that’s fine. He doesn’t have to. They won’t have a problem finding a trading partner, they just want to deal from a position of strength. A one year deal still takes him to RFA status, and $5.5M is a reasonable salary for another team looking for a right handed defenseman to take on.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

I think its fair to suggest Trouba, by pricing himself at the top of what he might be worth, is still asking for a trade...

But, priced at same dollars, wouldn't you still rather Trouba over Dumba?

If that's the undertalk of it - we can help with that......by unitinf the Tanevs.

Morrissey Tanev would be a helluva shutdown pairing.  A couple years of Tanev at 4.45 = good timing in the Jets open window.  Damn I'd love to see him with a group that can transition like Winnipeg.

When Stanley is ready, pair him with Byfuglien lol for a 13 ft blueline.

For now, perhaps NIku can take a spot in their top 6 from Chiarot.

Niku Byguglien - damn that pairing could produce...

Kulikov Myers

Not bad.

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

If that's the undertalk of it - we can help with that......by unitinf the Tanevs.

Morrissey Tanev would be a helluva shutdown pairing.  A couple years of Tanev at 4.45 = good timing in the Jets open window.  Damn I'd love to see him with a group that can transition like Winnipeg.

When Stanley is ready, pair him with Byfuglien lol for a 13 ft blueline.

For now, perhaps NIku can take a spot in their top 6 from Chiarot.

Niku Byguglien - damn that pairing could produce...

Kulikov Myers

Not bad.

Tanev would help Winnipeg, any team?

I just don't see them paying Trouba to get him.  I would not if I were Winnipeg. He has upside at the offensive end. Almost as good defensively? And has a bit more size & physicality.  Most important from a value standpoint. he still can be signed for 4, 5 or 6 years next summer. Maybe for a hefty price, but so be it. He's a long term asset.

Tanev has two years on his pact & is UFA.

Archived