The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Winnipeg - Van

I know Trouba has been discussed to death. But, this situation is very interesting and most likely is going to lead to a trade by next offseason. 

Blake Wheeler and Laine are basically the most important players besides Scheifele. Their cap situation is going to be a major issue going forward. They need to be number 1 priorities before you even consider signing trouba to a 7 mill per season deal. 

Us on the other hand are probably going to have space to spend next offseason again and are number 1 need is a potential top 2 right hand physical dman with skill.

Hypothetically, let's say we have a sub-par year again and are guaranteed another shot at a top 5 pick. If that happens I expect Tanev or Guddy to be traded in a seperate deal by TDL hopefully for some offensive talent. Trouba has to be a logical target for the draft.

My proposal: (this is the base of the deal, not including picks etc)

VAN: Trouba

Winnipeg: Juolevi, Sutter +

Now we can hopefully use our top pick on another local product Bowen Byram, thus replacing Juolevi and we would have our top pairing going forward. 

FUTURE D

Hughes - Trouba 

Byram - Tryamkin

Rathbone - Woo

Physical and super fast at transitioning the puck. 

What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Yeah I'll pass... you would think this was proposed by a Winnipeg fan... let's trade our disgruntled over money defenseman for a blue chip prospect and a solid #3 center man

Well you must have missed when i said this is the base of the deal. Prospects (not including Juolevi) , picks etc werent included. 

Thought Juolevi looked pretty good in this highlight package from his last year in Finland

I think we would be foolish to move him before we see what he can do in the NHL. As has been stated he could end up better than Trouba.

If we move Sutter, I would hope we are trading for a better centre for the second line to play with Pettersson.

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Why in the world would you move Joulevi who has yet to play a game for us?

Well, for one I mentioned that if we got a potential top 5 pick next draft, we could replenish our d system with Bowen Byram. Since we drafted Hughes there is less of a need on the left side. The right side is looking bare af. Woo and Chatfield??

Btw This is all hypotheticals for discussion. 

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Well, for one I mentioned that if we got a potential top 5 pick next draft, we could replenish our d system with Bowen Byram. Since we drafted Hughes there is less of a need on the left side. The right side is looking bare af. Woo and Chatfield??

Btw This is all hypotheticals for discussion. 

Nothing wrong with Woo or Chatfield. I actually thought Chatfield looked great in the preseason last year.

5 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I wish we just drafted Porayko a few years ago and didnt have to think about adding a top 2 right D, which feels nearly impossible to get. 

This is why we probably shouldn't trade Tanev as the value we would get for him in a trade likely won't be enough to replace what he brings to the team.

Trouba kind of reminds me of the worst of Gudbranson and Tryamkin

High draft pick like Guber

Sheltered minutes like Guber

Would be expected to shelter his partner in Vancouver like Guber, has not proven he can do that

HIgh contract demands like Tryamkin

Expects more minutes he has not earned like Try

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Winnipeg - Van

Archived