The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Prospects new Duo Article

Canckelhead

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

Missed this somehow, nice read.  Dahlen is one of my favourite prospects, what he accomplished last year was nothing short of amazing.  I'd rank him as our third or fourth best prospect, either him or OJ.   He proved it wasn't EP driving the bus on his previous line, they both did, and see him playing with him again, hopefully this season on our second line.   Benning needs to make room for him, don't think he belongs in the AHL and will prove that.   He's a goal scorer which is great,  exactly what you want from your wingers, I'd bet within a few short years him and Pettersson will act like a 1b line for Vancouver, giving Green a lot of options on the PP and match ups, we fleeced a great prospect from OTT and managed to draft his buddy, that takes some serious tactics on Bennings part they must be overjoyed on how this worked out for them both last year.

I would be happy to trial the Virtannen Pettersson Dahlen line this year. Just make sure that Jake understands that he is one a bus to the minors if someone takes a cheap shot at either and he doesn’t answer the bell. 

The heavy weights can can get retribution, but push back starts immediately and inspires teammates to stick up for one another.  

I had a similar role in Rugby, I played hook and started playing men’s 3rd division at 15 years old. The first game I filled in for injury with these BFG’s as props. They told me, “your job is to start $&!#, ours is to finish it, so don’t take $&!# from anyone.”

Jake needs encouragement to take numbers and if he does the job right, he could have a phenomenal center to play with for years. If not Gadjovich will gladly take the spot. 

Internal competition is a good motivator... 

On 7/23/2018 at 1:19 PM, NUCKER67 said:

This won't happen:  Pettersson and Dahlen will be in the opening lineup, on the same line.

But, I have full confidence they will be playing together by the end of the season. Canucks don't know yet how Pettersson will do on NA ice. We can all speculate he'll be great immediately and continue to break records wherever he plays. We need to temper expectations of this kid. He will be great one day, but it starts with showing up to camp. I think Pettersson will make the team on Day 1, but Dahlen will have to wait to catch a break during the season.

We need to be patient (I know, it seems like we've been talking about patience for 8 years or so). I am hoping that by season's end, Pettersson, Dahlen, Demko, Gaudette and Juolevi are on the team. Hope it's a good TDL.  

and they will still have a good prospect pool with Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Woo, Hughes, Dipeitro, McEwen, Jasek, McEneny and Sautner.

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I would be happy to trial the Virtannen Pettersson Dahlen line this year. Just make sure that Jake understands that he is one a bus to the minors if someone takes a cheap shot at either and he doesn’t answer the bell. 

The heavy weights can can get retribution, but push back starts immediately and inspires teammates to stick up for one another.  

I had a similar role in Rugby, I played hook and started playing men’s 3rd division at 15 years old. The first game I filled in for injury with these BFG’s as props. They told me, “your job is to start $&!#, ours is to finish it, so don’t take $&!# from anyone.”

Jake needs encouragement to take numbers and if he does the job right, he could have a phenomenal center to play with for years. If not Gadjovich will gladly take the spot. 

I think Jake can watch out for our Swedish phenoms.:)

17 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I think Jake can watch out for our Swedish phenoms.:)

At this point in time, Jake would get his teeth back, after he picks them off the ice. He is not a fighter or even aggressive enough. This may change as he ages, gets stronger, smarter, and takes a few lessons on how to fight professional hockey players.

I am hopeful for the future but don't want Jake to be pressured into a role he is not ready for, yet. 

8 hours ago, gurn said:

At this point in time, Jake would get his teeth back, after he picks them off the ice. He is not a fighter or even aggressive enough. This may change as he ages, gets stronger, smarter, and takes a few lessons on how to fight professional hockey players.

I am hopeful for the future but don't want Jake to be pressured into a role he is not ready for, yet. 

Jake needs to pushback. The whole team does.  Jake doesn’t need to take on Reeves, but he can’t take $&!# from him either.  But if Reeves say was roughing Pettersson, whomever is on the ice needs to get involved. 

Jake can handle things physically, he just needs the confidence to assert himself. The  guy hits like a Mack truck and can flat out fly. He has the strength and reach to do damage. What I want to see from Jake is some hardness in his mental approach.  

11 hours ago, gurn said:

I don't know fore sure but I think you might be underestimating Jake. :)  

Dahlen, Gaudette, Pettersson.

Gaudette lite it up and won the HB with Sikura as his linemate...imagine what he can do with Pettersson and Dahlen.

Gaudette needs to play with skilled guys in order to do well...LE can play on the 3rd line with Sutter...to shutdown and possibly score on other teams top lines.

10 hours ago, gurn said:

Jake has two NHL scraps against such  heavyweights as 

Filip Forsberg

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/133231

and  Bobby Farnham

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/130590

The guy is not ready to "protect" others at this time.imo

So because he hasn't fought anyone you consider tough you figure he isn't?   Really?

47 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So because he hasn't fought anyone you consider tough you figure he isn't?   Really?

Ready to protect others? No, I think this year he will do a better job of sticking up for himself, but don't expect him to get into it on others behalf. I hope that comes in time, but this guy, despite his potential is still just a kid growing into a role. 

1 hour ago, AV's Coin said:

Also Svechnikov above Dahlin???

No disprespect to Svech, but who in their right mind would take him over Dahlin?

4 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Also Svechnikov above Dahlin???

No disprespect to Svech, but who in their right mind would take him over Dahlin?

The Draft Analyst, the person who wrote this article, has preferred Svechnikov to Dahlin all year. 

For the love of everything made of liquor. The Canucks have the 1st overall rated prospect. Have they ever had that? If the draft was held again EP would be a clear 1st overall like Dahlin, Mathews, McDavid.  The fact the Canucks have Dahlen as well is kind of mind blowing to be honest. 

On 2018-07-30 at 5:36 PM, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

That rugby is a crazy tough man sport. If u played against men at 15, you are probably as tough as they get or dumber than a stick. I hope it’s the former. 

What was your main job as a hook?

Archived