The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Prospects new Duo Article

Canckelhead

On 7/31/2018 at 9:18 PM, Pete M said:

Dahlen, Gaudette, Pettersson.

Gaudette lite it up and won the HB with Sikura as his linemate...imagine what he can do with Pettersson and Dahlen.

Gaudette needs to play with skilled guys in order to do well...LE can play on the 3rd line with Sutter...to shutdown and possibly score on other teams top lines.

I can definitely see this line as an option towards the end of the year once the season plays out, but I'd be lying if I said I was content with Pettersson playing the wing to end the year.  His skill and vision needs to be developed as a centerman.  We'll be in a much better position moving forward with Elias and Bo as our top 2C and Gaudette developing as a very solid 3C with offensive potential depending on who his wingers are and how his line is deployed.

I'm quite keen on the idea of 3 balanced scoring kid lines, and a shutdown/energy line of Roussel Beagle and Schaller, or any combination of speedy grinders.

So many options with only so much roster space.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:57 PM, The Beagle had landed said:

I can definitely see this line as an option towards the end of the year once the season plays out, but I'd be lying if I said I was content with Pettersson playing the wing to end the year.  His skill and vision needs to be developed as a centerman.  We'll be in a much better position moving forward with Elias and Bo as our top 2C and Gaudette developing as a very solid 3C with offensive potential depending on who his wingers are and how his line is deployed.

I'm quite keen on the idea of 3 balanced scoring kid lines, and a shutdown/energy line of Roussel Beagle and Schaller, or any combination of speedy grinders.

So many options with only so much roster space.

There are "so many options"....and likely none of them will look bad.

Which is why I hope EP isn't placed with ...say...Rousell and Erikkson....he will turn them into 20 goal scorers with a whole season playing together and it may look like the way to go...but...with Boeser and Dahlen we may end up with a 50 goal scorer and two 30 goal scorers as well as all the penalties they will draw that will keep the opposition from scoring.

It would be a waste to not have EP with a high end goal scorer...and right now BB is our best...BH not as far behind as we think and Dahlen and Gaudette both with the possibility of becoming that.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:03 PM, MattJVD said:

Also Svechnikov above Dahlin???

No disprespect to Svech, but who in their right mind would take him over Dahlin?

It looks like its a Canucks fan who made the list. He has Pettersson first which is honestly respectable. But it feels they justified it by having Quinn Hughes at like 28.. He should be top 15 imo. Demko is 30.

Archived