The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes announces his return to Michigan

yippykyeh

I like this choice. After a year of dominating the university level and getting stronger he should be able to step right into our lineup and make an impact next year! Also helps with the logjam we have on defence this year.

Congrats Quinn! Win it all this year!

The list of defenseman who went right into the NHL after the draft is not a very impressive one. Only in very rare cases has a player shown they were ready to handle a significant role in the NHL. Doughty and Hedman off the top of my head. Dahlin I believe will have a similar impact. In most other cases its been a struggle. Hanifin and Chychrun went straight to the NHL when I could argue they would have been better served to go back to college/junior.

They sound like they're all in agreement with what's best for him, so that's fantastic.  After watching the recent two-part analysis of his game it's clear he does have defensive things to learn and fix up in his game before he becomes a full-time NHLer, so this will give him good opportunity to do so at a level where he's shown he can dominate already, not to mention playing in the WJC.  Hopefully we see some roster moves, certainly by the TDL, and are able to bring him in like we have Boeser and Gaudette the past two years. And for this Fall, looking forward to Juolevi putting on a serious push despite the setback with surgery, but at least showing that he is or is nearly ready to take a spot.

I believe this is the best choice for Hughes. He gets a chance to let his body mature another year before trying to make the transition to playing the pro game. Also, another year of emotional maturity, dealing with classes that are going to challenge his ability to focus.

This guy, I think, has the chance and the tools with which to become one of, if not the best, Dmen we have ever had. I think, before it's all over with, Hughes will shatter Edler's points records in Vancouver.

As much as I really wanted to see him play this year, very wise choice by the kid.

Seeing his loyalty to UM and wanting to win a championship with them speaks to the type of person he is. He will bring that same loyalty and dedication to the Canucks, 

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

The good news is, petterson or gaudette can win rookie of the year this season and hughes the next year. 

Back to back award recipients for the canucks? 

Maybe we can draft the other Hughes too 

Hughes v Hughes for the Calder on the same team? Sign me up.

17 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

The good news is, petterson or gaudette can win rookie of the year this season and hughes the next year. 

Back to back award recipients for the canucks? 

Maybe we can draft the other Hughes too 

Dahlin?

Archived