The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Junior Summer Showdown

Ajax-

For me personally, hoping to see what all the hype is about our new golden boy, Quinn Hughes, I've honestly never seen him play a shift, let alone a game.

Should be a great opportunity for the 4 canucks prospects and......

Go Canada go

1 hour ago, Bandwagon38 said:

I hope that Rathbone charges out of the gate and gets some US consideration for one of there hold back spots.  I would love to see him and Quinn on Boxing Day!

Generally I can root for players on non-Canadian teams in these types of tournaments, but hard when they are wearing American colours. Will be a hard decision cheer on Hughes and maybe Rathbone especially in a Canada vs USA game. Of course the general concensus will be hoping that Hughes and Rathbone get 5 points each (contributing on each other's goals) and Canada winning 6-5 (Hopefully Woo has like a 3 point night and a game winner, plus levelling a Tkachuk or whoever).

1 hour ago, Bandwagon38 said:

What is Woo’s projected place on team Canada?  

Top pairing

Top 4

on the bubble 

long shot

Well his coach in Moose Jaw is coaching team Canada (Tim Hunter), so I would think he'll be given every opportunity to play top 4.

It all depends on how he starts next season though.

16 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Jake Wise made USA but not Madden :(.

Hasn't made it yet, this is just the selection camp.

Just like with Gaudette, Maddens development is a long term plan. Gaudette never made team USA either.

12 hours ago, cyoung said:

On bubble, he has a chance for sure. 

Woo is underrated and should surprise.  He has the characteristics of that solid do everything from blocking shots, protecting the net and clutch plays that any coach should

want. 

I don’t know who TC would have to consider in that role, but Woo may be the best at it available.  

Archived