The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Junior Summer Showdown

Ajax-

20 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

For me personally, hoping to see what all the hype is about our new golden boy, Quinn Hughes, I've honestly never seen him play a shift, let alone a game.

Should be a great opportunity for the 4 canucks prospects and......

Go Canada go

24 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

USA White

24   Quinn Hughes Defence L 5'8" 157 10-14-1999 Orlando, Fla. U. of Michigan (Big Ten)

Don't know why they have him listed at 5'8" when he's 5'10"

Anyways Team USA blue loses to team Sweden. Seemed like Sweden controlled the game for the most part.

Time for the Hughes bros and team USA white to take on Toni Utunen and the Finns.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anyways Team USA white loses to team Sweden. Seemed lie Sweden controlled the game for the most part.

Time for the Hughes bros and team USA white to take on Toni Utunen and the Finns.

USA BLUE

Slashy, hacky kinda game, felt each other out in the first, Second Sweden had some momentum and powerplays.

overall not a very exciting game

USA dominated. 

IMHO , Quinn is as dynamic as everyone has said. He is definitely high risk high reward player.

Many times he just about coughed up the puck, he did actually but didn't cause a goal.

He is not 5'10", and many times, when someone can get close, was knocked off the puck while trying to do too much

seems somewhat disinterested out there, except when brother on the ice with him.

Excited for this kid to grow and put on some muscle to go with that skill set

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyways Team USA blue loses to team Sweden. Seemed like Sweden controlled the game for the most part.

Looks like old numbers, Hughes was measured at 5'9.5" near the draft.

Watched the first, Canada White, USA Blue

Nothing fancy or flashy from Jet Woo, held his own defensively, good positioning, no offence at all.

Boy oh Boy, just gotta say, Evan Bouchard is a man against boys out there, controls the play, gets shots through, physical, always came out of a board scrum with the puck.

That Brady Tk is a big boy, antagonist, force out there for sure.

Saturday 2pm Canada vrs USA should be a good one.

I hope hughes has a good showing at the WJC. I also hope fans are ready to accept the fact that he is going to make mistakes and get pushed around in the NHL. He will have flashes for sure too dont get me wrong. Lets hope he can be a point producing D, just need to have the perfect D partner for him

41 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Nothing fancy or flashy from Jet Woo, held his own defensively, good positioning, no offence at all.

Boy oh Boy, just gotta say, Evan Bouchard is a man against boys out there, controls the play, gets shots through, physical, always came out of a board scrum with the puck.

That is why both of them were rated so high. The coilers got lucky with getting Bouchard. I would have been happy with either. I am also happy with Hughes.

41 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

I think Bouchard will be a good D in the NHL. Just like Virtanen I think Hughes was the risky pick that had the flashy upside.

GM JB has gotten his stamp on the team, within 2-3 years max if these high end picks aren't cutting it he will be fired.

I am hopeful things will pan out with our prospects...we sure need them too!

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

That is why both of them were rated so high. The coilers got lucky with getting Bouchard. I would have been happy with either. I am also happy with Hughes.

Yup I think Bouchard will have a productive career, fixing skating is not that hard in todays world if the player is motivated. Adding Size and a booming shot is impossible on the other hand.

Hughes will dangle and wow us, Bouchard was the safer all round choice if we wanted to go that route

Archived