The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, oldnews said:

That's a great point.

Goldbobin hasn't been gifted anything here - he's been given appropriately 'tough love' and expected to improve his game without the puck dramatically.

And he seems to have really responded well (as did Baer), making significant improvements.

There was a time not long ago when he may have been this team's best forward prospect (better than Shinkaruk for example) - and probably their best skilled forward prospect.  Different than and perhaps not as developed as Gaunce, but that's somewhat irrelevent as they play entirely different roles. 

He's been here as the team acquired a stable of other young forward prospects- and yet he still seems committed and determined - a really good sign.

It will be really interesting to see how he performs this fall - he showed some real potential breakout signs late last year.  I won't be surprised if he owns one of the spots open to competition - and really hope enough of these young guys step up and command spots to make moving a guy like Gagner a no-brainer.  (No contempt here for Gagner, but it's time for these young skilled guys to step up, own spots and nudge placeholders like Gagner out of the lineup).

now you're talking...it is time to let the young guns fly...since they have a stable full of vets backing them up...Gagner is redundant and in the way.

8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

You're pretty funny. You remind me of the kid who bought my third car. He said "Ok, I'll take the car, now we just need to discuss the price." Needless to say he didn't get nearly as good a deal as he would have if he knew how to negotiate.

One of us has negotiated for a living for more than a third of a century. The other one obviously has virtually no negotiating experience, but really likes to share his ignorance on topics he knows nothing about.

Yeah yeah yeah. Says the guy comparing a boy buying his car with a negotiation between two sets of professionals (one set representing a young player who was so green he put a no AHL in his last contract.) 

I'm wasting no more time with you and your Walter Mitty delusions.

On 2018-08-03 at 11:57 PM, The Lock said:

I know this thread is about Tryamkin, but I want to say that if Goldobin is trying to get Tryamkin back into the NHL, good on Goldobin, especially when one considers Goldobin doesn't exactly have a cushy job on this team. I think it really shows how much Goldobin actually wants to be an NHL player.

I mean, from a purely tactical standpoint if he knows the Canucks are high on Tryamkin and consider Goldobin a bargaining tool then he could simply be leveraging his situation to keep himself on the team. 

18 hours ago, Pete M said:

now you're talking...it is time to let the young guns fly...since they have a stable full of vets backing them up...Gagner is redundant and in the way.

If a 'young gun' can't beat out Gagner he doesn't deserve the spot.

So Tryamkin whats to come back because he likes the city ? Because he thinks we have a good team? He likes our coach? He has lots of friends in Vancouver? There are lots of Russian players on the team? His wife likes it here? He will win a cup here?

Pick which one of these questions is true .

LOL 

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

So Tryamkin whats to come back because he likes the city ?

He didn't like where he lived very much, but then it is downtown.

Because he thinks we have a good team?

He wants to play more so he can help the team

He likes our coach?

Does he even know the coach?

There are lots of Russian players on the team?

Nyet

His wife likes it here?

да

He will win a cup here?

может быть

Pick which one of these questions is true

никто, некоторые;)

So Tryamkin whats to come back because he likes the city ? Because he thinks we have a good team? He likes our coach? He has lots of friends in Vancouver? There are lots of Russian players on the team? His wife likes it here? He will win a cup here?

Pick which one of these questions is true .

LOL 

If Tryamkin wants to be assured of a place on the team and ice time, he's going to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

If Tryamkin wants to be assured of a place on the team and ice time, he's going to be disappointed.

Players are assured spots on the team by one way contracts

any pro hockey athlete knows icetime is always earned

tree just wants the coach to treat the d men equally last time he got treated unfairly.  He knew it he left   Canuch coaching staff need to treat all the players fairly ... not only the vets 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

tree just wants the coach to treat the d men equally last time he got treated unfairly.  He knew it he left   Canuch coaching staff need to treat all the players fairly ... not only the vets 

One way contracts don't assure a player a spot, just means they make the same in the AHL as they do in the NHL

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

He didn't get treated unfairly. He showed up with the stamina of a non athletic person. He could barely skate for 20 seconds before being totally gassed.

I loved Tryamkin when he started playing better because he has unique qualities. But if he were to come back he needs to tow the company line, shut up, and play the game (for the millions he would get paid).

He is the typical millennial. He seems to think the world owes him something. Put in the work and get rewarded.

50 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He didn't get treated unfairly. He showed up with the stamina of a non athletic person. He could barely skate for 20 seconds before being totally gassed.

I loved Tryamkin when he started playing better because he has unique qualities. But if he were to come back he needs to tow the company line, shut up, and play the game (for the millions he would get paid).

He is the typical millennial. He seems to think the world owes him something. Put in the work and get rewarded.

Dream on

u really think he got gassed in 20 secs ?

that is hilarious 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Dream on

u really think he got gassed in 20 secs ?

that is hilarious 

Huh? Go watch his first games. Maybe you don't watch hockey. If you did you would have seen what the other 18,000 fans saw. 

Weird post pal.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

One way contracts don't assure a player a spot, just means they make the same in the AHL as they do in the NHL

Yeah , canucks have so many in utica on nhl one way contracts 

quality humor today 

11 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I mean, from a purely tactical standpoint if he knows the Canucks are high on Tryamkin and consider Goldobin a bargaining tool then he could simply be leveraging his situation to keep himself on the team. 

Perhaps, but I think that's overthinking a little: something CDC does a lot. lol

If GMJB can pull of a trade for a earlier round pick or decent prospect for this guy, I say jump at it.

This team need players who want to play here and aren't introducing a whole lot of drama to things.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You are mistaken, players are assured the same salary with a one way contract and can play in the NHL, AHL, ECHL and still make the big bucks. 

Two way has different salary tiers based on which league the player is assigned to play in.

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

You are mistaken, players are assured the same salary with a one way contract and can play in the NHL, AHL, ECHL and still make the big bucks. 

Two way has different salary tiers based on which league the player is assigned to play in.

See: Moulson, Matt :lol:

Archived