The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No way trysmkin deseved to be sent down

just like no way boeser deserved to be scratched at season start

just canucks showing double standard to the rooks    And not holding the vets responsible 

I'm sure that Tryamkin thought that his 13 games at the end of 2015-16 when the Canucks were eliminated from the playoff race mean't more than they did but the fact of the matter is that non-competitive games don't amount to much.  It was the same with Zack Kassian and the same with Brock Boeser.

Showing up to camp out of shape shows no more than a rookie needs an attitude adjustment.  Tryamkin got that and seemed to accept his lumps and he got into shape.  He showed good progress which makes it very disappointing that he went back to Russia.  

Also, he'll be 24 before next season starts and is developing in the 3rd best league in the world.  The shame of it is that he may never become the player that he could have been.  Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

just canucks showing double standard to the rooks    And not holding the vets responsible 

Tryamkin was asked to get into shape. He wasn't "sent down". He was out of shape and Willie made him get in shape. Simple as that. How WD utilized him in the back half of the season was ridiculous and calling him out for not managing Marchand was stupid, but Willie is gone. 

And bringing Brock into this argument is just sad. You've never been an NHL coach and Green got the best out of Brock last season. He knows what he's doing. 

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin was asked to get into shape. He wasn't "sent down". He was out of shape and Willie made him get in shape. Simple as that. How WD utilized him in the bac half of the season was ridiculous and calling him out for not managing Marchand was stupid, but Willie is gone. 

And bringing Brock into this argument is just sad. You've never been an NHL coach and Green got the best out of Brock last season. He knows what he's doing. 

Yah, Willie did a great job with Try and all the players . / team   - 69 pts  -  29th overall 

Yah, TG did great last year with all the players / team 82 pts   26th overall  /    is quite an accomplishment.

Canucks have had great coaching.  That much is clear.  Do you think Canuck coaching should have won the Jack Adams Award the last 2 years.....

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin was asked to get into shape. He wasn't "sent down". He was out of shape and Willie made him get in shape. Simple as that. How WD utilized him in the back half of the season was ridiculous and calling him out for not managing Marchand was stupid, but Willie is gone. 

PhillipBlunt.   I like your profile pic  . - makes sense.....

36 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, Willie did a great job with Try and all the players . / team   - 69 pts  -  29th overall 

Yah, TG did great last year with all the players / team 82 pts   26th overall  /    is quite an accomplishment.

Canucks have had great coaching.  That much is clear.  Do you think Canuck coaching should have won the Jack Adams Award the last 2 years.....

Nobody said anything about Jack Adams Awards. 

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nobody said anything about Jack Adams Awards. 

PhillipBlunt was just raving about what a great job our Coaches have been doing with our players...

I was just wondering if PhillipBlunt was thinking our coaches ( last 2 yrs ) .  should have got the Jack Adams Award .

I actually think TG had the players playing hard last year most nights.    But to give credit to TG in developing Boeser is a bit of a stretch.

Boeser showed up on the Canucks from Day one and showed he belonged.... I  will give that credit to his development in NCAA ( UND ) and to his USHL coaches..  and to Boeser himself....   He was a player the day he arrived on the Canucks.   Scratching him at beginning of season made zero sense.....  

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

PhillipBlunt was just raving about what a great job our Coaches have been doing with our players...

I was just wondering if PhillipBlunt was thinking our coaches ( last 2 yrs ) .  should have got the Jack Adams Award .

I actually think TG had the players playing hard last year most nights.    But to give credit to TG in developing Boeser is a bit of a stretch.

Boeser showed up on the Canucks from Day one and showed he belonged.... I  will give that credit to his development in NCAA ( UND ) and to his USHL coaches..  and to Boeser himself....   He was a player the day he arrived on the Canucks.   Scratching him at beginning of season made zero sense.....  

Except it did make sense as he was noticeably fatigued and the rest clearly helped him. But keep pretending you know more than the coach that is actually speaking with the players...:lol:

Let's get this Tryamkin train back on the tracks.....

The fact is no one can say whether he has ruined his development curve until he is back and has played 30 games or so

Everyone quotes about Larsen being a allstar in the KHL

But the fact is a lot of players...going right back to Makarov, Larianov and Krutov…..each player is an individual

and that is where it stays...…..I say the Canucks have a pretty good idea, how far he has progressed or regressed

If they sign him, I am pretty sure they think he will make it....if they don't they won't

No use getting your nickers in a knot, before then

One thing for sure....Tryamkin will know what is coming, and it will be up to him either way

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except it did make sense as he was noticeably fatigued and the rest clearly helped him. But keep pretending you know more than the coach that is actually speaking with the players...:lol:

Yah, i am sure the youngest kid on the club was suffering from fatigue.....    BEFORE the season started... so need to miss multiple games... 

I seem to remember TG saying Brock sits for the better of the team... wasn't their some BS about matching up with the Coilers...

Either way it was horrible coaching decision by TG . 

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i am sure the youngest kid on the club was suffering from fatigue.....    BEFORE the season started... so need to miss multiple games... 

I seem to remember TG saying Brock sits for the better of the team... wasn't their some BS about matching up with the Coilers...

Either way it was horrible coaching decision by TG . 

:picard: fatigue has nothing to do with age...

Brock went from playing a game or two a week to 3 or 4 a week AND training camp. 

So no it was NOT a terrible decision by TG and Brock’s season reflected that.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

:picard: fatigue has nothing to do with age...

Brock went from playing a game or two a week to 3 or 4 a week AND training camp. 

So no it was NOT a terrible decision by TG and Brock’s season reflected that.

Don't kid  yourself.  NCAA practise every day.. Bag skate pretty much daily.....

Less games and more practises actually actually puts you in better shape.

NCAA players are extremely fit.     Boeser was scratched as TG poorly attempted to match up against opponents.

Terrible coaching decision that most fans knew right from the start. 

Its oK though as coaches make mistakes.  Overall i think TG had the guys ready to play most nights.  Just like players... coaches are not perfect though and errors are made. Good coaches like good players learn from their mistakes and don't repeat them......

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Don't kid  yourself.  NCAA practise every day.. Bag skate pretty much daily.....

Less games and more practises actually actually puts you in better shape.

NCAA players are extremely fit.     Boeser was scratched as TG poorly attempted to match up against opponents.

Terrible coaching decision that most fans knew right from the start. 

No it wasn’t Boeser himself said he was fatigued. He was slowing down and if you actually watched the games you would have seen that too. Boeser himself said that being scratched re-energized him. And he went on to have a fantastic season therefore no, it was not a terrible decision. 

Nice try kingofdrama. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No it wasn’t Boeser himself said he was fatigued. He was slowing down and if you actually watched the games you would have seen that too. Boeser himself said that being scratched re-energized him. And he went on to have a fantastic season therefore no, it was not a terrible decision. 

Nice try kingofdrama. 

Funny how he was fatigued before the season but then good for  75 games with travel.  

You don't need to try to insult people that have a different opinion than you.

That is what makes Canada such a wonderful country.......   We are allowed to have different opinions here don't you know .. without insulting each other.

Have a great night.  

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Funny how he was fatigued before the season but then good to 75 games....

You don't need to try to insult people that have a different opinion than you.

That is what makes Canada such a wonderful country.......   We are allowed to have different opinions here don't you know .. without insulting each other.

Have a great night.  

He conditioned and adjusted for the NHL grind by working with the coaches, neat how that works out eh? 

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

PhillipBlunt.   I like your profile pic  . - makes sense.....

Yeah, shouldn't go around insulting people huh? 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He conditioned and adjusted for the NHL grind by working with the coaches, neat how that works out eh? 

Yeah, shouldn't go around insulting people huh? 

Boeser sat because TB went with the vets.  Thats what coaches do.

I do not want to even respond to you... Not sure why i even try.  This is my final and last attempt for tonight . LOL 

You simply do not hold your club accountable for anything.  You accept mediocrity and you welcome it.   Good for you.   25th to 27th overall is terrible and not acceptable conclusion for the last 2 yrs for a max salary cap team.

The Canucks can do much better.  . It takes a whole team to win and losing is usually the result of all the players and all the coaches not doing enough.  

Our players can  and will do better and our coaches can  and will do better.  

If we want a cup in Vancouver we will need players and management that pursue / demand excellence on a consistent basis.

All of them are under scrutiny and they are well paid for it. 

Like i said earlier, overall i think TG had the guys up for most of the games last year.  I think the player respect and are wllling to play hard to TG.

That is a good thing. 

I get it. You have no actual clue, but just love to rail against anything having to do with the team. Maybe being the king of Surrey is getting to you. 

Where did I suggest that either coach would win the Jack Adams award? Your continual overreacting to any piece of news regarding this team is both entertaining and pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Boeser sat because TB went with the vets.  Thats what coaches do.

I do not want to even respond to you... Not sure why i even try.  This is my final and last attempt for tonight . LOL 

You simply do not hold your club accountable for anything.  You accept mediocrity and you welcome it.   Good for you.   25th to 27th overall is terrible and not acceptable conclusion for the last 2 yrs for a max salary cap team.

The Canucks can do much better.  . It takes a whole team to win and losing is usually the result of all the players and all the coaches not doing enough.  

Our players can  and will do better and our coaches can  and will do better.  

If we want a cup in Vancouver we will need players and management that pursue / demand excellence on a consistent basis.

All of them are under scrutiny and they are well paid for it. 

Like i said earlier, overall i think TG had the guys up for most of the games last year.  I think the player respect and are wllling to play hard to TG.

That is a good thing. 

Because believing the team actually did something right (which by the way all evidence points to) is so much worse than being the kingofdrama being totally clueless to whats infront of you and overreacting about everything...

Did Brock Boeser have a great season? 

PhillipBlunt.   I like your profile pic  . - makes sense....

Damn. That's some serious shade. You must have picked that up waiting tables at the Dell. You don't like the team or the coaches they have, go cheer for some professional teams in your lovely dumpster fire of a city. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Because believing the team actually did something right (which by the way all evidence points to) is so much worse than being the kingofdrama being totally clueless to whats infront of you and overreacting about everything...

Did Brock Boeser have a great season? 

Still going for the insults.  You do realize in Canada that people are allowed various opinions.. right ?  

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Actually Tryamkin should of went down but he refused to, he should of though, because he probably would of got top minutes down there and got his butt in shape and proved he deserved more minutes on the Canucks. This put him in Willie's dog house unfortunately because Tryamkin did end up doing what he was asked to get into shape, but sadly he was never rewarded for doing what he was told to do and that's because Willie had already made up his mind on Tryamkin before which sucked.

Regarding the Brock issue that I totally agree on with you, and that was a rookie coach mistake. I believe he was finally pressured by upper management, because of the fans and media outraged of him not playing, but as fans we got to see a little glimpse of him the prior season and he showed he could play. And I'm pretty sure he was also the leading scorer in the league in Pre Season, so it really made no sense to scratch him to start, unless you don't think he's ready and I strongly believe that's what TG thought. 

Archived