The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like to get Tryamkin back we almost need to have some Russian influence on the team. Make him feel more comfortable. Really hope Tryamkin comes back. On top of that with Goldy doing the recruiting I sure hope Goldobin makes the team. We got a lot of waiver eligible guys. So two forwards are probably getting waived.

Apparently,Blake Price heard from a source (at the 2018 draft) that Tryamkin will never play for the Canucks...and all this a month after Tryamkins agent was talking to the Canucks management about a timeline for his return.

It all sounds completely wishy washy to me ...and the story changes 3 times a year..If he wants to come back and play for the Canucks,fine (although he's going to be in for a shock if he instantly demands top 4 minutes),or if he wants to finish his career out in Russia..I'm fine with that too.

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Apparently,Blake Price heard from a source (at the 2018 draft) that Tryamkin will never play for the Canucks...and all this a month after Tryamkins agent was talking to the Canucks management about a timeline for his return.

It all sounds completely wishy washy to me ...and the story changes 3 times a year..If he wants to come back and play for the Canucks,fine (although he's going to be in for a shock if he instantly demands top 4 minutes),or if he wants to finish his career out in Russia..I'm fine with that too.

blake price source is the person who's sitting next to him and his source is the person who's sitting next to him. Meaning its BS

That is if the Canucks protect him for the next expansion draft.

Seattle is set to enter the NHL in 2020/21 season.  Meaning that they would hold the expansion draft then and I would expect the same draft rules.

Canucks are going to have lots of options going into the next expansion draft as to whom they want to protect, both upfront and on the backend.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Where is this thread I saw one back from 2017 asking if he will ever come back no one has posted in there since 2017, I did just see another one for a fan petitioning for him to come back, maybe that's the one you're talking about?

This also wasn't an interview it was e-mails as I wrote at the top, they just made it look like an interview, so it can't be the same because the one I saw was an interview regarding waiting 3 years and he didn't even say he would come back, this is from last month and he says he would like to come back, first time he's actually said this. The one from last year mentions how it would be 3 years before even considering him coming back, but this one talks about in 2 years they're a year different.

In the prospect forum.  

The exact same article. 

It was posted at least a couple days ago. 

Man, when I saw him play in person, he stood out in a very good way.  I was expecting a fumbling, stumbling plug of a pylon whose size was what he was sought after for.  But I saw someone who floated, with ease and like a butterfly out there, but had the wingspan and reach of a soaring bald eagle.    100% would love him to return....I'm close and can pick him up at the airport myself.

I'll make sure to play Elton John on the drive:

Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world
You could roll around the globe
And never find a warmer soul to know
Oh I saw you by the wall
Ten of your tin soldiers in a row
With eyes that looked like ice on fire
The human heart a captive in the snow
Oh Nikita you will never know, anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so
Oh Nikita is the other side of any given line in time
Counting ten tin soldiers in a row
Oh no, Nikita you'll never know
Do you ever dream of me
Do you ever see the letters that I write
When you look up through the wire
Nikita do you count the stars at night
And if there comes a time
Guns and gates no longer hold you in
And if you're free to make a choice
Just look towards the west and find a friend
Nikita I need you so
Nikita I need you so

22 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Man, when I saw him play in person, he stood out in a very good way.  I was expecting a fumbling, stumbling plug of a pylon whose size was what he was sought after for.  But I saw someone who floated, with ease and like a butterfly out there, but had the wingspan and reach of a soaring bald eagle.    100% would love him to return....I'm close and can pick him up at the airport myself.

I'll make sure to play Elton John on the drive:

Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world
You could roll around the globe
And never find a warmer soul to know
Oh I saw you by the wall
Ten of your tin soldiers in a row
With eyes that looked like ice on fire
The human heart a captive in the snow
Nikita I need you so
Do you ever dream of me
Do you ever see the letters that I write
When you look up through the wire
Nikita do you count the stars at night
And if there comes a time
Guns and gates no longer hold you in
And if you're free to make a choice
Just look towards the west and find a friend
Nikita I need you so
Nikita I need you so

Jeez Deb where were you when he was here? You coulda sang the poor little fella asleep at night. Or at least taught his wife a few ditties so soothe his ego. DO you have a basement apartment that would hold Nic, his wife and his mother-in-law? I am starting to get excited. :ph34r::ph34r:  

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Please Goldy, we need you to become a really good NHLer. If it means Tryamkin comes back. LOL. I like Goldy, but I am having trouble supporting keeping him around based on his Yakupov-esque play. The skill is for sure there, but he needs to be more than just that. I don't want Tryamkin back if he thinks he can just have it his way. You have done nothing to earn superstar treatment. 

Yakupov and Goldobin don't have similar playing styles.

Personally couldn't care if he comes back as I don't really like him. 

If he does come back then what happens if he has the same attitude he had before.

So who are our projected top d two years from now? And will trynapkins have to earn a top 4 or will it just be given to him? If he has to earn it and ends up on the third pairing out of camp then how will he like that? 

And how much will he have developed in the khl over three years away. 

How would you structure a contract for a guy like that?  A guy who could leave and go back to the khl if he isn't happy?  Have to think about the other guys here trying to make the team as well. 

On 8/2/2018 at 2:28 AM, PlanB said:

Misleading thread title.   Far cry from him personally, unequivocally stating he wants to come back after KHL contract. 

Its not Misleading in the least, he posted the full interview so have a coke and a smile.

16 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Its not Misleading in the least, he posted the full interview so have a coke and a smile.

To be fair the original thread title was edited since he made that comment. It was in fact very misleading stating that he was coming back for that season. Was the only reason I read the thread. Only to find the same rehashed crap. 

Trymakin really needs to ask himself...

does he want to play in the best league in the world against the fastest and talented players?

or does he want to play in a league where he will be given ice time as a top pairing guy because the league is not as good?   cause as far as I know, the best players in the world is playing in the best league in the world, the NHL.

that being said....

He wants to come back, anyone follow him on instagram? 

this guy is always liking posts from Canucks.... when Bo Horvat posts something on his instagram, Boeser, when CAnucks posted that Pettersson won a handful of individual championships, it was liked by Tryamkin also, when the Canucks posted they signed Dipietro it was liked him Tryamkin, not to mention Tyramkins instagram is him wearing a Canuck jersey. lol he will be back.

5 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Yakupov and Goldobin don't have similar playing styles.

The comparison I was making was they are both offensively gifted but are lacking in other areas. I haven't seen enough of Yak to make that comparison as far as direct play styles. My mistake for wording it as such.

Archived