The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck PTO's this year ?

kingofsurrey

Wouldn't be opposed if the Canucks brought in Veterans like Stewart or Emelin for a PTO.  Even a past PTO in Scottie Upshall would be cool too. 

Some veterans who know how to play a physical brand of hockey for a preseason filled with players who are seeking to be sh*t disturbers and earn themselves a job.   Nice to keep those loose cannons in check.

Especially if we are planning to play a lot of the kids to see what they got, having some extra muscle in the lineup is nice.

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canuck PTO's this year ?

Are they worthwhile to make a more competitive camp ?

Anyone that you would like to see invited to camp this year ?

So far i see

PLAYER TEAM POS AGE RESULT
Despres, Simon montreal_canadiens.svg      
Letestu, Mark florida_panthers.svg

I could see Despres well before Letestu; he's younger, bigger, and a potential fill in for Guddy, should he continue his inability to play a full season. Letestu, we have WAY too many wingers to need to bring in yet another grinder.

With Despres, I could see (at least to start the season)

Edler - Stetch

MDZ - Tanev

Poulliott/Hutton - Guddy

and spares of Despres and Biega.

By then, we can hope (pray?!) that a buyer for Hutton or Poulliott is found. I don't really think any of the D currently in Utica are completely NHL ready.

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sometimes the PTO can just be to increase the competition in camp or i wonder if sometimes it is a bit of a favour for a guy trying to land somewhere else....

it is, its always nice when that happens, most people just want to see guys extend their careers who are on the PTO track. 

Let's bring some more old guys into camp to compete with the youth for the 0 spots that are open.

What they should have done was not sign anyone and then invited a few players to training camp. Then sign the best two players to one year deals . Hopping to flip someone at the dead line.

What they did was signed two older players to 4 year deals that makes them impossible to trade. Just like Gagner and Zotto. 

Just now, appleboy said:

Let's bring some more old guys into camp to compete with the youth for the 0 spots that are open.

What they should have done was not sign anyone and then invited a few players to training camp. Then sign the best two players to one year deals . Hopping to flip someone at the dead line.

What they did was signed two older players to 4 year deals that makes them impossible to trade. Just like Gagner and Zotto. 

Yeah they should have just sat back and waited. They should have looked into their crystal ball so they would know exactly who's going to be available to fill the exact roles they require. Typical Canucks management.   

Am I doing it right?

Archived