The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2018-2019] Canucks Prospects Stat Tracker

• -AJ- pinned this topic

Big thanks for doing this, @Down by the River. A few observations from last year's data:

• Demko's save percentage is beautiful
  • Look at that progression from Cole Cassels - more than doubled his PPG! Can't believe we let him go... \s
  • I'd forgotten how well McEneny started the year before his injury, that's a nice stat line
  • Love seeing Juolevi, Dahlen and Lind increase their PPG in the playoffs vs. regular season
  • Similarly for Dipietro, ridiculous performances in the playoffs this season
  • Gaudette's stat line isn't fair to him, and I don't think he'll wait long to rectify those zeros
Edited by Guile
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Cassels, Labate and Candella are gone

From the line above his table: "I will update closer to the start of the NHL season, but for now, here is a look at how Canucks prospects did during last year (regular season and playoffs, if applicable)" :) Still neat to see those guys and perhaps use their stats as justification/discussion points while August lingers, perhaps?

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Last Updated: August 22, 2018

This thread is for keeping track of Canucks prospects through the 2018-19 season. My definition of 'prospect' is relatively broad to include players that fans have an interest in. If there is someone you want on the list that hasn't been added, just let me know. ..

Thanks a lot for doing this @Down by the River. Great job as always. I will be interested to see the list you put up for this year. And of course at this stage we are not sure where some of the guys will be playing.

Just to echo a request that others have made in the past, if it was possible to squeeze in plus/minus that would be a nice addition. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Last Updated: August 22, 2018

This thread is for keeping track of Canucks prospects through the 2018-19 season. My definition of 'prospect' is relatively broad to include players that fans have an interest in. If there is someone you want on the list that hasn't been added, just let me know. 

FAQ:

Reveal hidden contents

1) How often will the thread be updated?

I plan to update about twice per month

2) Where do you get the stats from?

All stats are pulled from the player's HockeyDB page.

3) How are players sorted?

Players are sorted by league. Since some leagues (i.e., Europe, NCAA) are less likely to contain a large number of prospects, I have collapsed them into a single category.

4) How do I find a specific player quickly?

If you are looking for a specific player, players are sorted alphabetically by first name. Players marked by bold font are those who I would consider the Canucks' top prospects.

I will update closer to the start of the NHL season, but for now, here is a look at how Canucks prospects did during last year (regular season and playoffs, if applicable):

z9bhKGO.png

EwROVmi.png

4on4Z5M.png

Ellias Pettersson, You have his playoff point total 

Gp 9 - G 4 A 5 Pts 9 ---- ( His playoff points are GP 13 - G 10  A 9-  PTS 19 )

4 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

What does some of the colour coding mean? I've got that some of it is better/worse P/G compared to last year and some coloured rows are playoffs, but why is EP's second row green? And why is Dahlen's second row yellow?

Red indicated that the team had been eliminated from the playoffs, green indicated that the team was still active in the playoffs, and gold indicated that that player's team won the league championship (obviously the Pettersson statline is off as his team won the championship, but I couldn't find my old spreadsheet with the final stats). I have since updated so that things will be clearer to everyone. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Red indicated that the team had been eliminated from the playoffs, green indicated that the team was still active in the playoffs, and gold indicated that that player's team won the league championship (obviously the Pettersson statline is off as his team won the championship, but I couldn't find my old spreadsheet with the final stats). I have since updated so that things will be clearer to everyone. 

Huge huge thanks for all the work you do keeping this info updated all season.  As a time starved fan I love that it's so easy to pop into this thread periodically and see how all the prospects are doing regardless of what league and country they are playing in.  

• Upvote 1

I've used a down arrow to indicate that the point per game value for a given player was based on a league below the league they are project to be playing in this year. Is this intuitive, or would people just prefer an "NA" if they did not spend the 2017-18 season playing in the league they are projected to play in for 18-19?

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I've used a down arrow to indicate that the point per game value for a given player was based on a league below the league they are project to be playing in this year. Is this intuitive, or would people just prefer an "NA" if they did not spend the 2017-18 season playing in the league they are projected to play in for 18-19?

Instead of the arrow could you add the previous league's abbreviation in brackets and smaller font next to the P/G that same way you did with P/G(Last Year)

So it could be something like 0.29(Liiga) or 0.98(SHL)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP updated for the first time this year. Not a lot to say....

Tryamkin has not had the offensive start to the season that many might have hoped for. 

Utunen is now playing regularly with Tampere. He has not put up any points. He is playing in front of former Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom. 

DiPietro has had a forgettable start to the season, allowing 4 goals in both games and getting pulled in one of them (due to injury). 

Edited by Down by the River

Stats updated through October 6th. 

Pettersson... my God. Going to be a fun year, even if the Canucks finish in the basement.

AHL season is underway, will be interesting to see how all the prospects are managed in terms of ice time. MacEwan was one of the Comets' best, but more unheralded, players last year. He's started very strong this year. 

Toni Utunen picked up his first point of the season.

DiPietro had a great bounce-back game after two 4-goal games to start the season. He earned a shutout for his first W of the season.