The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Book: UFOs by Leslie Kean - NY Times Bestseller

Kanukfanatic

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

'Aliens are coming!' Mysterious light is spotted in the night skies of China, sparking UFO rumours

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6268839/Is-UFO-Mysterious-light-spotted-night-sky-northern-China.html

4986708-0-image-a-9_1539341734478.jpg

It's another 'willo the wisp' like them F-18's were chasing. Only this time showing off it's tail feathers.

Must be some sort of  interpretive gymnastics in a neighboring dimension....or maybe a mating dance?   :P

• Haha 1

Cool.

Dimensions.

The 8-dimensional space that must be searched for alien life

A new mathematical model suggests that signs of extraterrestrial intelligence could be common, for all we know—we’ve barely begun investigating the vastness where they might lie.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612232/the-8-dimensional-space-that-must-be-searched-for-alien-life/

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well just to add to this discussion - anyone else read this book or seen this documentary:

https://books.google.ca/books/about/Hunt_for_the_Skinwalker.html?id=Zu4rZ3ZzXbQC&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y

http://www.hunttheskinwalker.com/the-film/

I just watched it  ( had some time to kill) - think maybe I should have read the book lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Well just to add to this discussion - anyone else read this book or seen this documentary:

https://books.google.ca/books/about/Hunt_for_the_Skinwalker.html?id=Zu4rZ3ZzXbQC&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y

http://www.hunttheskinwalker.com/the-film/

I just watched it  ( had some time to kill) - think maybe I should have read the book lol

i want to check it out. Any good? Supposed to have all sorts of 'activity' there...

The fact that Bigelow Aerospace owned it for a while got me interested. I always find it neat when billionaires believe wild things.

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

i want to check it out. Any good? Supposed to have all sorts of 'activity' there...

The fact that Bigelow Aerospace owned it for a while got me interested. I always find it neat when billionaires believe wild things.

Its not bad - definitely want to read the book now and it got me interested in researching more on the ranch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Its not bad - definitely want to read the book now and it got me interested in researching more on the ranch. 

Thanks, I'll watch it.

Usually I like the UFO stuff and don't really care about monsters, or ghosts etc..

But from what I understand, this place has everything. Like an intelligence is messing with the locals. Heard they had a crazy amount of cattle mutilations and all sorts.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could 'Oumuamua be an extraterrestrial solar sail?

On October 19th, 2017, the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System-1 (Pan-STARRS-1) in Hawaii announced the first-ever detection of an interstellar asteroid, named 1I/2017 U1 (aka, "Oumuamua). In the months that followed, multiple follow-up observations were conducted that allowed astronomers to get a better idea of its size and shape, while also revealing that it had the characteristics of both a comet and an asteroid.

Interestingly enough, there has also been some speculation that based on its shape, 'Oumuamua might actually be an interstellar spacecraft (Breakthrough Listen even monitored it for signs of radio signals!). A new study by a pair of astronomers from the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA) has taken it a step further, suggesting that 'Oumuamua may actually be a light sail of extra-terrestrial origin.

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-oumuamua-extraterrestrial-solar.html

:huh:

EDIT: the mainstream media's are picking up this Harvard study

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/scientists-say-mysterious-oumuamua-object-could-be-alien-spacecraft-ncna931381

Edited by bishopshodan

On 8/25/2018 at 11:40 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree with @Ronaldoescobar The sheer size of the universe tells me that there has to be thousands (if not millions) of civilizations out there, many of them more advanced than our own. However, the distances involved, coupled with the speed of light constraint make it extremely unlikely that they're just popping in from time to time to check out some Iowa farmer's corn crop.

True but that's based on "our knowledge' of physics. Any civilizations out there that haven't killed themselves off are millenia older than us. Who's to say that their understanding of physics and the universe doesn't allow them to travel vast distances quickly. A cave man (if he knew the distance from Vancouver to Siberia) would think that distance would be impossible to travel in 8 hours, but yet today we can right? (or however many hours by flight). 

Based on our understanding of interstellar travel you are likely 100% correct, that doesn't mean we are right, perhaps we just don't know enough yet.

I am not one who thinks the series Ancient Aliens is a real history of mankind, but I have watched alot of it and its sad they turned to sensationalism and trying to explain 'everything' as alien intervention to stretch the series out, vs just focusing on the real hard / best evidence that somehow we've been helped. Things that always resonated with me, (and lend itself to why someone or groups may be 'watching us') have been.

1. The fact our religious texts all talk of beings coming from the heavens. This can easily be early man seeing ships come down that they couldn't understand, technology well beyond even our knowledge now, and seeing these beings as gods and angels.

2. Historical art literally showing flying saucers in the sky, this idea makes no sense - these people had no concept of ufos or machined flight yet they depict it? Why do we now ask how? Or WTF? Alot of Historical (and ancient) art has UFOs depicted - the Madonna of St Givanno to me is stirring as there is literally a guy in the corner looking up at it, as well as the crusifiction that shows men in friggen space ships - This painting hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia http://www.crystalinks.com/ufohistory.html 

3. The fact that so many of our ancestors at the dawn of time had knowledge of the solar system and planets and stars with nothing to learn from - how can they know how many planets were in our solar system with only their eyes? They understood complex math, engineering, etc. I don't believe this just 'came to us over time". We were taught by someone, to advance us

4. Then you have pilots who have spotted things, air force jets sent up to intercept, seen on radar, then objects disappear

5. You have gov'ts who have had departments devoted to figuring this out, this isn't something you do if its a hoax in my view. Sure a UFO doesn't mean alien, it could be an enemy craft you're worried about and don't have the tech to defeat it, but clearly if any government had the technology witnessed they would already rule the world because of military domination.

6. Malstrom air force base https://www.foxnews.com/science/aliens-are-monitoring-our-nukes-worry-ex-air-force-officers  (fox news yes, but clearly a number of reliable witnesses, and a well known case, along with the battle of LA).

My view, maybe they can travel long distances, maybe its interdimensional travel, who knows...but there's enough to suggest (if all taken together) that there could very well have been intervention on our planet by more advanced species, who may be watching us even now. Perhaps our constant desire to war and to kill each other, along with our advances of space travel and our ability to blow things up with nukes concerns them ,and thats why they watch? ie, If we're land locked and cant threaten others out there, go ahead, but who want's a warring petulant child to enter into outer space or to learn how to travel vast distances . Perhaps we're seen as a problem and that's why many watch us? Just an idea.

Whatever the reason, I will say this. Taken all that above, the information we know is not correct, something is either hidden from us or unknown. Is it aliens? Who knows but when you see so many examples you have to ask the questions as the answers we have right now don't add up. I don't think we are alone, most don't think we are. So the only question left is, are they advanced enough scientifically to travel vast distances quickly - if they are millenia older, is it implausible to think they cannot? Do we not think that in 2000 or 4000 years if we hadn't destroyed the planet or killed each other off, we wouldn't have solved some of these riddles? Look how far we've gone in 100 years?

Edited by PeteyDangles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland investigating ‘very bright’ UFO sightings reported by multiple pilots, including flight from Montreal

Authorities in Ireland are investigating reported sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) by several commercial airline pilots, including a flight from Montreal to London on Friday.

“OK, it was moving so fast,” a British Airways pilot said. “It came up on our left-hand side and then rapidly veered to the north. It was a very bright light that disappeared at very high speed.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4658094/ufo-sightings-ireland-pilots/

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, another silly UFO link from the good bishop.

This one is pretty cool, I guess FOX and a few others sensationalized it at first  getting everyone excited but these links calm it down a bit..

On this topic I think of the meme/jokes....'oh you can believe in God and Angels and Demons, but I say Aliens and I get looked at like I'm crazy.'

Aliens exist, no doubt. Have they been here, who knows? However, maybe its time to look at it in a bit less ignorant fashion?

Yes, a NASA Scientist Said Aliens May Have Visited Earth. But There’s Some Nuance

https://futurism.com/nasa-scientist-aliens-visited-earth-nuance

Here's the Truth Behind a NASA Document on Aliens Visiting Earth

https://www.livescience.com/64237-nasa-aliens-fox-news.html

So, really nothing new except that more and more scientists are looking into it. It's a fun time to be alive as the subject is being taken more seriously. I mean the Pentagon literally released footage of F-18's chasing something they can't explain that was out maneuvering the jets. And the world collective went....'hmm, anyway back to talking about Trump etc...'

Even if we find just something small like a Tardigrade out there, as long as it didn't originate here on earth, I will do back flips. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 4:22 AM, Ryan Strome said:

'Aliens are coming!' Mysterious light is spotted in the night skies of China, sparking UFO rumours

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6268839/Is-UFO-Mysterious-light-spotted-night-sky-northern-China.html

4986708-0-image-a-9_1539341734478.jpg

Mysterious light seen in night sky over California

https://abc7news.com/science/mysterious-light-seen-in-night-sky-over-california/4932239/

@Ryan Strome More of them funny lights, reminded me of your post.. Leading theory is meteor .

At least that what we're telling the earthlings....:ph34r:

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else watched the documentary Above Majestic 

I found it and tried to watch it and I was like WTF? Where did these theories come from. Then I did a little research on David Wilcock and listened to a podcast with him on it. 

I am a bit of a skeptic but think there has been way too much documented evidence around UFOs but the leaps this documentary make - all I can say is WOW! I'd love to hear from anyone who was able to make it all the way thru it.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, MikeBossy said:

Has anyone else watched the documentary Above Majestic 

I found it and tried to watch it and I was like WTF? Where did these theories come from. Then I did a little research on David Wilcock and listened to a podcast with him on it. 

I am a bit of a skeptic but think there has been way too much documented evidence around UFOs but the leaps this documentary make - all I can say is WOW! I'd love to hear from anyone who was able to make it all the way thru it.

Yeah, I'll watch it, (I'm starting to think I'm the resident CDC space cadet) however with a large bowl of popcorn. It looks like a long episode of Ancient Aliens in the trailer.

There are soo many theories and it gets really silly at times. But, I do find it entertaining, I'm the same way when reading about religious stories...the old testament is like a D&D novel. Just love the wild stories and things that people believe very deeply in. 

There is for sure stuff going on here on our planet that we don't understand. I still want to know what those F-18's were chasing in the Pentagon release.  

But who knows and even if there was something Alien-ish discovered... if the 'powers that be' can keep info from the public, I imagine that they would.

That thought is where the conspiracy theories start, there are a few posters on this site that will point out that most of the worlds wealth is in the hands of a few. I think one person said in another thread, half of the worlds wealth is held by 8 people/families? So, any disclosure could jeopardise them? are they the ones in control? behind the media? the gov? if so, I doubt they want to rock the boat with any announcement, 

The distrust of the government pushes so many wild thoughts. Just look at the q-anon, Hillary is a reptile, celebs drink baby blood , pizza gate stuff that actually has had a massive effect on US politics. It's not just UFO fanatics that come out with wild, eye rolling, stories. 

They will soon find micro life out there, likely on Titan, one of Saturn's moons. I'm not holding my breath for much more.

But keep the wild tales coming!

Edited by bishopshodan
I watched Above Majestic last night....ha, wow...I'm gonna do a post in the movie review thread when I get a chance.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I'll watch it, (I'm starting to think I'm the resident CDC space cadet) however with a large bowl of popcorn. It looks like a long episode of Ancient Aliens in the trailer.

There are soo many theories and it gets really silly at times. But, I do find it entertaining, I'm the same way when reading about religious stories...the old testament is like a D&D novel. Just love the wild stories and things that people believe very deeply in. 

There is for sure stuff going on here on our planet that we don't understand. I still want to know what those F-18's were chasing in the Pentagon release.  

But who knows and even if there was something Alien-ish discovered... if the 'powers that be' can keep info from the public, I imagine that they would.

That thought is where the conspiracy theories start, there are a few posters on this site that will point out that most of the worlds wealth is in the hands of a few. I think one person said in another thread, half of the worlds wealth is held by 8 people/families? So, any disclosure could jeopardise them? are they the ones in control? behind the media? the gov? if so, I doubt they want to rock the boat with any announcement, 

The distrust of the government pushes so many wild thoughts. Just look at the q-anon, Hillary is a reptile, celebs drink baby blood , pizza gate stuff that actually has had a massive effect on US politics. It's not just UFO fanatics that come out with wild, eye rolling, stories. 

They will soon find micro life out there, likely on Titan, one of Saturn's moons. I'm not holding my breath for much more.

But keep the wild tales coming!

My money is on Enceladus, or Europa.

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My money is on Enceladus, or Europa.

I might take a bet against other posters on this site, but not you.;)

You very well could be right. There are a few moons that apparently show some interesting signs.

I had Titan in my head cause I read something a few days ago about Cassini spotting rain. 

Speaking of spaceships, have you seen Elon's?

The Hopper, looks retrofuturistic to me...like it was designed in the 50s.

https://www.space.com/42919-spacex-starship-hopper-prototype-elon-musk-update.html

space-starship-4.jpg.8c6788372fad199d1293ee3c2f545eca.jpg

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I might take a bet against other posters on this site, but not you.;)

You very well could be right. There are a few moons that apparently show some interesting signs.

I had Titan in my head cause I read something a few days ago about Cassini spotting rain. 

Speaking of spaceships, have you seen Elon's?

The Hopper, looks retrofuturistic to me...like it was designed in the 50s.

https://www.space.com/42919-spacex-starship-hopper-prototype-elon-musk-update.html

space-starship-4.jpg.8c6788372fad199d1293ee3c2f545eca.jpg

Totally....I almost expect the nose to unscrew and Bugs Bunny poke his head out....

• Haha 1

I'll just throw this out there:

A guy named Fraser Cain of "Universe Today" took a stab at the old Carl Sagan claim that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. Of course, both numbers are based on estimates, but they're the best estimates we currently have.

According to Mr. Cain, Carl was right. There are around 10 Sextillion stars in the Universe. That's roughly twice as many stars as grains of sand on Earth, or 3 times the amount of packs of chewing tobacco in Alabama.....

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...