Sign in to follow this  
vannuck59

[Proposal] Defining Trade

On 2018-09-01 at 8:08 AM, vannuck59 said:

I know the CDC thinks this trade is bad but lets take a closer look. Demko is ready for some prime time starts . With our team he may get lit up because of our bad defense and a young team. Take a look at Nilsson and how well he did at the world championships. But is not consistent in the nhl . Put a top de-core in front of him . Markstrom and Nillson would be a lot better. Demko is a sacrifice in this trade, Sutter and Demko for Tippet and Borgstrom . Tallon is in apposition to win now . Adding one of Nilsson or Markstrom instead of Demko is not a big enough carrot for Tallon . Tippett will be a 30 goal scorer in the nhl who can play ether wing . Borgstrom I see as a second line center with all the tools. We all thought Markstrom was going to be a great goalie due to all the accolades heaped on him in the AHL and was touted as the best goalie not in the NHL. The Canucks cant score this trade would go along way to fixing that problem. Drafting more defensemen and a number one center should be our top priority . Drafting Lind instead of Hague may have been a big mistake. 

Yes,

Big mistake not drafting Hague.

Nasty, big and a great slap shot from the point.

I like Cole, but seriously could not believe we passed on Hague...

On 2018-09-09 at 12:29 PM, vannuck59 said:

Tallon can and will right the ship Florida will have a playoff team this year , to contend for the cup he may want to upgrade some areas Goal tending and forth line Center . Maybe Markstrom and Sutter at the trade deadline retraining some cap maybe gets Borgstrom but I still would look at Demko or DiPietro to acquire Tippett as well instead of Markstrom.

FLA

Gudbranson

VAN

1st

It is near assurance that Benning will take that guy that should’ve gone top 3 in the draft but was passed on in favour of other players.

Boeser 23OA15, Pettersson 5OA17 and Hughes 7OA18, are now proof that’s Benning’s system works.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

You know they have two goalies right

certainly

and i assume you know they already have more then 2 goalies

two of whom are signed till the end of the 2020-2021 season

so one would be pushed out to accommodate any trade in which you want then to acquire demko

that is the reason for my post

9 hours ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

Yes,

Big mistake not drafting Hague.

Nasty, big and a great slap shot from the point.

I like Cole, but seriously could not believe we passed on Hague...

Hague does not skate well last time I checked. At the time I wanted Hague as well though. However I'm not sold on Lind either at this point I'm happy to just see how this plays its self out. Neither seems like a NHL lock to me.

10 hours ago, coastal.view said:

certainly

and i assume you know they already have more then 2 goalies

two of whom are signed till the end of the 2020-2021 season

so one would be pushed out to accommodate any trade in which you want then to acquire demko

that is the reason for my post

So they can send Reimer Back to even out cap Simple fix 

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

Hague does not skate well last time I checked. At the time I wanted Hague as well though. However I'm not sold on Lind either at this point I'm happy to just see how this plays its self out. Neither seems like a NHL lock to me.

Chara could not skate well at first either .