The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nhl network top 50 prospects includes 4 canucks

cuporbust

5 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yes, I am arguing the list. I am arguing the list because I believe that as of this moment, Pettersson is a better prospect than Svechnikov.

Do you take issue with that?

It's incredibly petty. As is people complaining about the others being too low.

Many Canucks fans can't realize that other teams have quality prospects too. 

These will be the same people running the prospecst out of town once they don't meet their lofty expectations. 

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

EP should be 2 IMO, but Dahlin looks like a franchise defenseman who could be one of the league's best some day. It's possible Pettersson ends up the better player, but I'd bet on Dahlin for now.

Dahlen did lead his team, but it was in a lower level league and he's already 20, so expectations are higher for him.

Heiskanen is a year younger than OJ

Gaudette is 21 and one of the older players on the list.

Not sure why Makar is over Hughes... I can agree with you on that one.

Demko should probably be on the list too, but it seems that age was a very big factor to them.

Looking over that list they took age in to account way to much who’s to say they’ll accomplish what our guys did this next year? Sorry but that list I still think is a terrible representation of the top 50 sure they’re are a lot of people in the top 50 that should be there but if you’re going off age isn’t Borgman 21? AG 22 not a big difference

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Juolevi was also on a stronger team which made it harder for him to crack the top 2.  By the end of the playoffs he was playing as a top pairing dman.  

But yes, extremely salty, gaudette was a mvp in college, while dhalen was the mvp in a men’s league as a 20 year old.   Adding to that, another robbery that is glass is way up there Cody freaking glass, but kole Lind, who is everything at his caliber is not even in the top 50.

very salty.  

Yeah the discrepancy between player is to far like it makes no sense and if they did base it off age between Miro and OJ, AG and Borgamn. Why is Makar above Hughes.... and Glass from Kole Lind... Similiar numbers age and ones 12th and one didn’t qualify... Ok 

EDIT: When OJ was in the top 2 his playoff numbers where great I don’t know what Miros was but couldn’t be much better I’m not saying OJ is better BUT the gap shouldn’t be that big

12 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I'd take Elias Pettersson at 2 & Quinn Hughes at 3 honestly. The only prospect I'd rather have would be Dahlin but other than that I honestly wouldn't take any other prospect they're listing ahead of Pettersson and Hughes (in that order). Heiskanen is severly overrated imo - I'd take Makar, mittlestadt & Tolvanen over him, and I'd rank Hughes over any of them, so to me it's Dahlin, Pettersson then Hughes. I can't say I've seen too many games on any of them but I've seen videos and from what I've seen, that's how I would rank them.

Come at me bro.

You forgot to mention Svechnikov,  the guy is one of the best players to come out of Russia since Malkin/Ovy.  Be hard to take Pettersson or Hughes over him.  I do agree with taking Hughes over anyone else though except maybe Heiskenan. He is going to be a true #1 D, I think Hughes will be much more dynamic offensively but Heiskenan will be a solid 2 way guy like Roman Josi or something.  Pretty equal

I can only assume that Lind, Dahlen, and Demko would be in the top 75 if they went that far out.   I may be biased, but I wouldnt  trade EP for Svech, or Hughes for Makar (in fairness though, I don't think Car or Col fans would make those deal either).  Not sure I would trade Hughes for Heiskanen either, I'm pretty excited to see what this kid does in the NCAA this year.

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Funnily enough, I was ready to come on here and comment on the hypocrisy of fans complaining when we get shafted and praising the NHL Network when they praise us, but I suppose it's still not enough, haha (admittedly I've complained a bit too).

I'm just happy the Canucks actually have prospects good enough to be on the list!!!

Edit: ...plus at the end of the day the "list" means sweet FA. If our prospects turn out to be better than some "list" that is what is important. So much drama lmao.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

These will be the same people running the prospecst out of town once they don't meet their lofty expectations. 

How is it petty to legitimately believe that someone should be in a  different position than they are. I also believe Juolevi should be a bit lower than he is. Is that petty as well? I expect the people making these lists to be right, and if I don't think they are, I'm going to say something about it. Do you have a problem with that?

Furthermore, saying that the same people that are expecting great things out of our prospects are also "running them out of town" is both a vast generalization and absolutely absurd. Do you think the same people hoping for 20 + goals out of Virtanen next season are going to be "running him out of town" if he doesn't? I kinda don't get that impression from them.

Bottom line is this: "Just being happy for some recognition" is loser talk.

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How is it petty to legitimately believe that someone should be in a  different position than they are. I also believe Juolevi should be a bit lower than he is. Is that petty as well? I expect the people making these lists to be right, and if I don't think they are, I'm going to say something about it. Do you have a problem with that?

Furthermore, saying that the same people that are expecting great things out of our prospects are also "running them out of town" is both a vast generalization and absolutely absurd. Do you think the same people hoping for 20 + goals out of Virtanen next season are going to be "running him out of town" if he doesn't? I kinda don't get that impression from them.

That's fine to believe EP is better. But feeling the need to complain, getting worked up over it - that's petty.

Not just you, but many others. Yes my statement was a generalization, I made that pretty clear. I've seen it time and time again where the people who expect the most, are the ones offering to drive the player to the airport. It's happened to all the core players in recent years, and will continue until those people get some perspective. 

Loser talk to be happy with recognition, rather than demanding more out of someone just simply writing an article?

:lol:

:picard:

1 hour ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

You forgot to mention Svechnikov,  the guy is one of the best players to come out of Russia since Malkin/Ovy.  Be hard to take Pettersson or Hughes over him.  I do agree with taking Hughes over anyone else though except maybe Heiskenan. He is going to be a true #1 D, I think Hughes will be much more dynamic offensively but Heiskenan will be a solid 2 way guy like Roman Josi or something.  Pretty equal

Would you rather Roman Josi or Erik Karlsson? I'd rather Erik Karlsson :)

As for Svechnikov, I agree that he's a superstar in the making, but I'm not quite sure where I would rank him, but I honestly feel his career will be wasted in Carolina. He's raw talent, but I Carolina has been the Edmonton of the eastern conference for a while now.

Before you ask about Zadina :P, I've seen him play live for the Mooseheads quite a bit, and imo he projects to be a solid 2way top 6 LW with good offensive upside, but I don't see him as a gamebreaker.

17 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Except nobody “wins” anything by having a name on this list regardless of numerical rating. This is no more than an arbitrary dart throw. You’ve taken this way too seriously, with all due respect.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Fine with most of our prospects going unnoticed.  Makes it all the more sweeter when they bust in and have the talking heads wondering what happened... especially if they light it up in the Scotiabank Arena.

16 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Svetch ahead of Petterson.

Pfft.

Dahlin ahead of Pettersson?  Pettersson was the MVP and rookie of the year, playoff mvp and leading scorer in the same league that Dahlin played in and they are like what, 10 months apart?  

If you asked Dahlin, he would have ranked Pettersson ahead of himself. 

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Dahlin would put Pettersson ahead of himself. See above post. 

15 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I'd take Elias Pettersson at 2 & Quinn Hughes at 3 honestly. The only prospect I'd rather have would be Dahlin but other than that I honestly wouldn't take any other prospect they're listing ahead of Pettersson and Hughes (in that order). Heiskanen is severly overrated imo - I'd take Makar, mittlestadt & Tolvanen over him, and I'd rank Hughes over any of them, so to me it's Dahlin, Pettersson then Hughes. I can't say I've seen too many games on any of them but I've seen videos and from what I've seen, that's how I would rank them.

Come at me bro.

Other than the hype, how is Dahlin ahead of Pettersson?  They played in the same league which Pettersson dominated.  They are nearly the same age and are both amazing players. 

The thing is that Pettersson was the best player in his league, rookie of the year, playoff MVP, leading scorer, record breaking/setting play that Sweden hasn’t seen since Foppa player there. He did this in the same league Dahlin played in. So is the entire SEL wrong about who is the better player atm?  

These lists are always a joke and almost always over hype the most recently drafted players. 

4 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Other than the hype, how is Dahlin ahead of Pettersson?  They played in the same league which Pettersson dominated.  They are nearly the same age and are both amazing players. 

The thing is that Pettersson was the best player in his league, rookie of the year, playoff MVP, leading scorer, record breaking/setting play that Sweden hasn’t seen since Foppa player there. He did this in the same league Dahlin played in. So is the entire SEL wrong about who is the better player atm?  

These lists are always a joke and almost always over hype the most recently drafted players. 

By virtue of the position they play. Pettersson played RW for the most part last year. If he proves he can play C then I would say they are close to being on equal terms, but I'd still slightly favour Dahlin because Dmen are just that valuable to a team. Also to be fair, Pettersson is 1.5 years older than Dahlin. Who's to say what Dahlin can do if he plays next year in the SHL as well, which he won't because he is that good as an 18 year old defenseman.

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Yeah the discrepancy between player is to far like it makes no sense and if they did base it off age between Miro and OJ, AG and Borgamn. Why is Makar above Hughes.... and Glass from Kole Lind... Similiar numbers age and ones 12th and one didn’t qualify... Ok 

EDIT: When OJ was in the top 2 his playoff numbers where great I don’t know what Miros was but couldn’t be much better I’m not saying OJ is better BUT the gap shouldn’t be that big

Heiskanen was the only player in the entire league to play over 25min.  He played 2:30 on the PP and just under 3min on the PK.

Juolevi 18min on average - 2min on the PP and 40 seconds on the PK.

In the playoffs Heiskanen had 3 goals and 9pts in 14 games playing over 26min a night. 

Juolevi had 2 goals and 7pts in 11 games playing about 23min a night.

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Dahlin ahead of Pettersson?  Pettersson was the MVP and rookie of the year, playoff mvp and leading scorer in the same league that Dahlin played in and they are like what, 10 months apart?  

If you asked Dahlin, he would have ranked Pettersson ahead of himself. 

I'm totally fine with Dahlin  being ahead of Pettersson. Best D prospect of this generation.

Svech though? Nah.

Archived