The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mac Miller dead at 26

thejazz97

On 2018-09-08 at 7:50 AM, Baer. said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Oldheads like you ready to bash any new artist without even listening to one song. Nobody gives a $&!# about Eminem or Tupac or whoever anymore.

ya rap is garbage theses days  oldheads i love it thats hilarious 

I dont really respect any one that abuses prescription drugs  ( jackson prince, legal junkies basically) i thought maybe this guy ive never heard of died of a opiate but lean a mixture of sprite and codeine  thats just a ignorant way to get your self killed. The real problem is the pharmaceutical companies and how easy it is for idiots to get ahold of these drugs. 

That being said rip mac miller  

On 9/9/2018 at 2:22 PM, riffraff said:

Ok..you’re right.  I’ll just feign compassion for somebody I don’t even know or have never heard of on an online forum.

people who get triggered by a one word question and are predisposed to assume that I’m acting like some heartless troll.

the reality is I have no idea who this guy is.  And nobody here does, other than, a budding rapper who died of an overdose.  

Maybe you can explain why we should all feel a connection?

ill wait why you tell me about this man.

Nobody is asking you to 'feign compassion'. Just don't say anything. You are not obligated to post about the topic. I am not criticizing you for failing to show compassion. I am criticizing you (and others) for thinking that saying things like "who?" is someone a worthwhile response to hearing about someone that died. There is also a difference between "getting triggered" and simply calling out stupid comments for what they are. 

If you don't know who somebody is, use Google instead of being a lazy twat. It is not my obligation, or anyone else's, to teach you about something.

5 hours ago, riffraff said:

Ya 

tbh I reviewed my posts here and now feel that I was definitely being insensitive - not taking into consideration the possibility of a connection for another like yourself.  @Down by the River Is a poster that I respect here and enjoy reading his posts and am in general agreement with most of what he says on various topics here and in hockey.

i could have worded things much better.

i was trying to express my disdain for inter web condolences....should have done better and have been more respectful.

apologies to anyone offended.

And this is certainly a problem. People love making long-winded posts about how deeply they felt about person X. These posts are often moreso to get other people's attention about how woke/in tune with the music industry/deep/passionate they are than it is about paying respect for the deceased.

My issue is that there is not enough middle ground. There are too many people that come up with a way to capitalize on someone's death, or comment insensitively about it. 

9 hours ago, canuktravella said:

bs man rap sucks these days  aint no ice cubes or snoops coming up it aint even close 

Except there are so many great rappers out there. There won't be another Ice Cube or Snoop because no one can be like them. There are plenty of killer MCs out there right now, such as Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass, Ab-Soul, The Underachievers, Dave East, Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler The Creator, Logic, Joyner Lucas, J. Cole, Hoody Allen and my personal favorite upcoming MC, John Givez.

Hip hop didn't die because you stopped following new MCs, it just evolved past you.

I'd say 0.02% of today's rap is tolerable and the rest is utter trash.  Not like any other generation is better, it's just the genre as a whole is mundane.  If rap is your favorite genre I strongly suggest broadening your musical horizon, thug. 

Archived