The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Max Pacioretty to Golden Knights for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2nd-round pick

6 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Bergevin pulled one off. Tough to do when the entire hockey world knows Paciorety wanted out.

Great trade for Montreal.

Pacioretty did not want out.  He was again on the radio earlier this week to say those rumours were not true.  Both him and his agent insisted that they were looking for an extension.  Pacioretty spends his summers in Montreal and had even built a house there. 

Good value for Habs especially wanting to get rebuilding assets, but... continue to shrink and shrink.

Out: 6'2 205

In: 5'10 185, 5'11 183

McPhee continuing to disperse all those extra picks he collected at expansion.  This would be the 30-goal replacement for Neal, presumably, so rather breaking even over the off-season, but depleting a mediocre prospect pool.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Pacioretty did not want out.  He was again on the radio earlier this week to say those rumours were not true.  Both him and his agent insisted that they were looking for an extension.  Pacioretty spends his summers in Montreal and had even built a house there. 

well from watching interveiws and stuff it seemed pretty sour between the two.

Good move for both sides. Vegas is in a win now mode, essentially trying to build a fan base and establish roots before football comes to town. They have way more use for a guy like patches than prospects. 

Mtl did well because patches time was done and his value was lower than it has been in years past yet they still got top dollar for him.

I see it as a win for both sides, with Montreal maybe having the last laugh in the future. Time will tell!

I think Pacioretty is criminally underrated. That said I think Bergevin made a good deal here.  He’d poisoned the relationship with Pacioretty beyond repair and had to get something good in the deal. Suzuki looks like a great prospect.  Tatar is a serviceable top 6 winger.  The pick is as high as you could hope for considering Suzuki is in the deal 

I have this feeling this might turn out to be another Semin-Forsberg trade. Suzuki is a real top notch prospect who I thought they considered as untouchable. 

Montreal wins this trade easily.

11 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

well from watching interveiws and stuff it seemed pretty sour between the two.

The handshake at Pacioretty's charity golf event was awkward to say the least.  There's not as much fanfare as with Subban but he pledged 3.5M towards raising funds for concussion research/awareness and purchasing a MRI machine after he got laid out cold by that Chara hit.

43 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Someone help me. 

I'm in a keeper fantasy league. Gotta let one of these guys go (was originally thinking Paches):
Pacioretty
Rakell
Giroux

Who do I choose!?

Tough one. Not Giroux, guy is a stud and philly is on the up swing. Ducks are trending down hard, but you could still see decent point production from Rakell, though I highly doubt he is kissing 70 again next year. Pacioretty will likely see top line minutes, but it's hard predict weather or not Vegas was running off piss and vinegar or they are for real.

I don't think Vegas is as good as we currently think they are, they will have a down year. But I also said that last year and they shut me up. So what do I know.

24 minutes ago, mll said:

You don't believe what a player says to the media might be different than what he or his agent says to a GM?

Maybe the reason he switched agents earlier this summer is because he's regretting (or, maybe not) the NTC missing from his current contract?

Archived