The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Max Pacioretty to Golden Knights for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2nd-round pick

One thing about McPhee, he must have absolute faith in his coaching staff.

Even early on, if the player didn't 100% buy in, they didn't waste time on him, or worry about saving face. Shipachyov was the first case, and now Tatar. Neither look good on the GM on paper, but you certainly can't argue with the results so far.

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Even early on, if the player didn't 100% buy in, they didn't waste time on him, or worry about saving face. Shipachyov was the first case, and now Tatar. Neither look good on the GM on paper, but you certainly can't argue with the results so far.

Yeah but McPhee always seems to make one or two moves too many. 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I wonder who Montreal names as the new Captain.  You’d think it would be Weber. (Even with him being out until December) 

Weber seems to be the logical choice but Gallagher could be in the running too.  

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah but McPhee always seems to make one or two moves too many. 

The knock on him in Washington was that he didn't make enough moves. Showed too much loyalty to guys, and never added the missing pieces to get them over the hump.

...That is, until his back was against the wall and his job on the line, and he made that horrible trade for Erat.

20 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That's one of the things I like about Benning here too.  If it's not working out, he's not afraid to make a move, regardless of what the player originally cost.

Interesting how Montreal continues to let Bergevin make big deals where as in Edmonton clearly Chiarelli is on a short leash virtually doing nothing after last year's total failure. I feel there is a coup brewing in Edmonton with Gretzky at the controls...

Pacioretty is not a player I would want on my roster, Montreal wins with addition by subtraction!

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

That's one of the things I like about Benning here too.  If it's not working out, he's not afraid to make a move, regardless of what the player originally cost.

Yeah, I'm still not thrilled about that Beagle contract, but if the story we were fed is true (that the 3 FAs they signed were all specifically requested by Green), then they are definitely supporting their guy.

Pacioretty has 5 seasons where he reached 30 goals and that's playing without a legit C1.  Tatar's career high is 29 back in 2014/15, followed by 25, 21 and then 20 last year.  

2011/12   33 goals

2012/13   lockout year 15 goals in 44 games

2013/14   39 goals

2014/15   37 goals

2015/16   30 goals

2016/17   35 goals

2017/18   17 goals

He won't have the pressure of wearing the C and he probably won't get as much blame if things go wrong as in Montreal.  It should be a better environment where he can just play.

Archived