The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Max Pacioretty to Golden Knights for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2nd-round pick

7 minutes ago, 6string said:

Pacioretty is not a player I would want on my roster, Montreal wins with addition by subtraction!

Sorry, but that is just stupid.

Patches scored 30+ goals four seasons in a row (really 6, if you prorate the lockout year), without a legitimate top-6 center to play with at any point.

He may be regressing, but the whole team was a mess last year. Would not surprise me at all to see him rack up a few more 30-goal seasons now that he'll get to play with Stastny.

58 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tatar is younger and scores almost as many goals.  Suzuki is a 13th overall RH centerman and a 2nd round pick.  I am actually shocked how well Bergevin did.

Montreal better hope he just didn't fit in with Vegas because he was trash with them.

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Sorry, but that is just stupid.

Patches scored 30+ goals four seasons in a row (really 6, if you prorate the lockout year), without a legitimate top-6 center to play with at any point.

He may be regressing, but the whole team was a mess last year. Would not surprise me at all to see him rack up a few more 30-goal seasons now that he'll get to play with Stastny.

Okay, it's stupid.

I wouldn't be wrong but stupid. Okay.

At how much and how long.

I'm stupid.

But i may be wrong.

lol

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Steal for the Habs. Suzuki is a surefire prospect, Tatar is a top 6 forward and a pick to top it off. All Vegas gets is a year of Pacioretty.

Habs needed one of these. 

what do you think he'll be asking if he re-signs with the knights?

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Tatar and a draft pick seem like a nice return, but got a feeling fans in Montreal aren't going to be happy Monday morning :lol:

Don't know much on Suzuki but I guess his last 2 years in the OHL he put up decent numbers.

I guess Bergevin was going with the ol' "if nobody saw it, did it really happen?" approach. Doing this in the middle of the night and all.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Happy for Montreal fans. Not a terrible deal. Tatar can score a decent amount of goals, they got a real center prospect, and a pick. 

VGK side is interesting. Replacing Neal with a year of Patches? Or is he in their long term plans? On the brightside he can't be worse for them than Tatar was. 

Anyone else surprised by the time of this trade?

as for return think it's pretty decent.

montreal gets a really nice C prospect, a second rounder and a roster top 6 player that can be a 50ish pt guy.

gets rid of a distraction and disgruntled captain.

Vegas basically replaces Neal.

Cause Tatar wasn't really a part of the squad, but they are sure coughing up a lot of futures and assets early on.

im really not a McPhee fan, I wouldn't want him to be our GM.

Archived