The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Max Pacioretty to Golden Knights for Tomas Tatar, Nick Suzuki, 2nd-round pick

59 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I was happy with the return the day it went down.  Suzuki is a high end prospect and is tearing it up in the minors.  Tatar has been very good for Montreal so far.  

I’m actually almost ready to admit the Domi trade was a good call by Bergevin too. That said. I’d still rather have Subban and Sergachev than Weber and Drouin 

Bergevin is making it harder to finally end his tenure lol.

Have to love this deal - aided by a somewhat predictable Tatar resurgence - and the Armia, Danault acquisitions, Byron..... I also think MIke Reilly could still turn out well for them.

The Domi/Chuk deal is hard to get too negative about, particularly with Domi performing, but I still think that's a likely best-case scenario break-even deal for the Habs.  Hard to get behind dealing high-end centers for wingers, but certainly not at the top of Bergevin's greatest misses.

For me, it's the borderline unforgivable Drouin deal that is a serious roadblock to forgiveness lol.

But regardless, it's been a helluva fun early start to the season with the Habs and Canucks both with 16 pts thus far and 2nd in their divisions and a point out of top spot.

Bergevin has been one of if not my least favorite GM - maybe heightened a bit by the fact I like the Habs and want to see them move on from him (somewhat as I feel about Maurice in Wpg) - but it's hard to argue with the results, particularly when they haven't had a lot of 'down time' to turn it around, and have essentially did so 'on the fly' to this point.   But if I could take back any move for any team in recent years, that Drouin deal may be it.

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

At this point in their careers. And with the speed game Montreal is playing. I take Subban on my team over Weber every day of the week 

the only reason I'd concur with that is due to Weber's knees (which is of course a huge factor).  otherwise, a healthy Weber imo is a force that exceeds Subban.

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tatar has 11 pts in 12 games and is +4

Pacioretty has 2 pts in 10 games and is -4

This would have been a decent trade for Tatar straight up, but they also got Suzuki and a 2nd.  I am not a Bergevin fan, but looks like a home run.

Always thought Patches was overrated personally. Really liked the deal even when it happened. Vegas overpays for Tatar, then overpays for Patches. Their surplus of assets is dwindling quickly. 

On 02/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, oldnews said:

the only reason I'd concur with that is due to Weber's knees (which is of course a huge factor).  otherwise, a healthy Weber imo is a force that exceeds Subban.

So true. Ask any Western Conference forward if they giggled woth joy knowing Weber was going to play in the East after the trade. PK puts up some points but is below average at his end. His boisterous character keeps him in the headlines more than anything. PK is very overrated IMHO. 

On 11/2/2018 at 12:57 PM, oldnews said:

But if I could take back any move for any team in recent years, that Drouin deal may be it.

I'd put in it the top 5 for sure but I dont think it's the worst...

-Ottawa trading Turris, Bowers(was a 2017 1st rounder), a 3rd rounder and their 1st round (a ticket in the Hughes lottery) in the upcoming draft for duchesne

-Florida letting the knights take marchessault and smith (135 points last year between them) for a 4th round pick. 

-Griffin Reinhart for a 1st (Barzal) and a 2nd

16 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I'd put in it the top 5 for sure but I dont think it's the worst...

-Ottawa trading Turris, Bowers(was a 2017 1st rounder), a 3rd rounder and their 1st round (a ticket in the Hughes lottery) in the upcoming draft for duchesne

-Florida letting the knights take marchessault and smith (135 points last year between them) for a 4th round pick. 

-Griffin Reinhart for a 1st (Barzal) and a 2nd

true - those weren't reallly 'hockey' trades - but none of them turned out particularly well.  A deal like Dahlen for Burrows could also come back to haunt Ottawa.

I'm just not a fan of Drouin - at all.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, qwijibo said:

At this point in their careers. And with the speed game Montreal is playing. I take Subban on my team over Weber every day of the week 

With the speed game being played everywhere?

Look how quickly Colorado turned it around after their big trade.  I personally don't believe Duchesne was such a distraction they imploded. 

I think they arrival of Samuel Girard sparked an exodus of the puck from their end on a consistent basis.The guy gets pucks, and gets it up ice!  Lets the balance of their forwards spend time in the attacking zone.

38 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

looks like a highway robbery right now, especially if Suzuki pans out. Pacrioretty is already 29, could be the start of a downtrend. 

Another McPhee special? Seriously though, the guy should just not trade anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived