The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tulsi Gabbard DESERVES A Thread!

Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

With the amount of firearms available... it won't be peaceful if there's conflict.  Probably not going to be an outright civil war like in the past with soldiers in uniform going out fighting out folks in uniform.  Probably more just "mass shooting" or random other shootings at the "enemies".... maybe a scaled down version of the Balkan conflicts during the 90's.  

It's coming.  Sooner than later imo

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Well, it's pretty much moot now as she didn't make the cut for the next debate.

Maybe not.  But it doesn't mean should has to or should disappear.  It's in their best interests to keep strong voices at the forefront.  Sadly the DNC ignores everyone they haven't hand picked

On 8/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, Warhippy said:

If they were smart it'd be a Bernie/gabbard/yang mix.

Something friggin different.  But you just know...bidens their boy.  Because if Hillary can't win.  The next best establishment piece will

Biden- Hillary ticket.:lol:

On 8/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, HerrDrFunk said:

Bernie and Warren just pulled ahead of Biden in a recent poll. They each have 20%, respectively, while Biden has dropped to 19%. 

I'll give you something to think about. I may be off a bit but Bill Clinton (hate the guy) had something like a 230 billion dollar surplus so imagine if Sanders had this push back then and even won. Americans would have a health care plan like Canada and you wouldn't need borrowed  money to pay for it. Now Bernies opponents keep saying we can't afford it and debt but then the 2 main parties need to stop blowing money. Oh and trillions spent on useless wars is apparently more important. Some sort of Ron Paul Bernir Sanders hybrid would make a good president imo.

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe not.  But it doesn't mean should has to or should disappear.  It's in their best interests to keep strong voices at the forefront.  Sadly the DNC ignores everyone they haven't hand picked

It seems that's a global issue. Look here our 3 main parties have some of the worst possible candidates leading them. 

Where is that Kennedy politician? I'd it to late to sign up and run?

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'll give you something to think about. I may be off a bit but Bill Clinton (hate the guy) had something like a 230 billion dollar surplus so imagine if Sanders had this push back then and even won. Americans would have a health care plan like Canada and you wouldn't need borrowed  money to pay for it. Now Bernies opponents keep saying we can't afford it and debt but then the 2 main parties need to stop blowing money. Oh and trillions spent on useless wars is apparently more important. Some sort of Ron Paul Bernir Sanders hybrid would make a good president imo.

It seems that's a global issue. Look here our 3 main parties have some of the worst possible candidates leading them. 

Joe?  In the US?  I wanted him 3 years ago....I don't think he wants to run.  Something about his family ending up to "open minded" after winning a seat

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I would love to see the US end up with healthcare like Canada but one should never underestimate the ability of Americans when it comes to voting against their own self interest. 

Joe Kennedy isn't going to run for president this year. At the moment, he's considering doing a primary challenge for one of Massachusetts' senate seats in 2020. Which I think would be an ideal situation for him right now as Kennedy has a lot of potential but I doubt he would have been able to make any kind of real headway as a presidential candidate this time around. 

• Cheers 1

After listening to her, Crenshaw, and Sanders on Rogans podcast, i'd love for a bipartisan Crenshaw/Gabbard ticket. 

I'll admit, as I am typically a centrist, it was good to listen to Bernie Sanders unpack some of his ideas in a long form format. Rogan is the best media source out right now it seems. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's actually a myth.  Regardless of all the "interesting" accounting used.... just take a look at the US treasury site and check the debt from 93 to 01... it consistently went up.  

The Clinton surplus is akin to claiming that you paid all your credit card debt... but neglecting that your home line of credit has increased even more.  

35 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

That's actually a myth.  Regardless of all the "interesting" accounting used.... just take a look at the US treasury site and check the debt from 93 to 01... it consistently went up.  

The Clinton surplus is akin to claiming that you paid all your credit card debt... but neglecting that your home line of credit has increased even more.  

I understand your position but this is what governments do...the ndgreens in bc with their first budget had a surplus but added 4 billion in debt.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I understand your position but this is what governments do...the ndgreens in bc with their first budget had a surplus but added 4 billion in debt.

True, government manipulate the numbers and carelessly use terminologies incorrectly to trick the masses.

Surplus = Revenue > Expense

Deficit = Revenue < Expense

Deficit becomes debt if it cannot be balanced.

Thus it is impossible to have both a surplus and an increased debt.  

• Cheers 1

On 8/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, Lancaster said:

With the amount of firearms available... it won't be peaceful if there's conflict.  Probably not going to be an outright civil war like in the past with soldiers in uniform going out fighting out folks in uniform.  Probably more just "mass shooting" or random other shootings at the "enemies".... maybe a scaled down version of the Balkan conflicts during the 90's.  

Most people don’t care enough about the politics to fight.

Yahoos from Berkeley, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Portland etc. could not fight their way out of a paper bag.

Any “uprising” by old, overweight right wingers running in woods wearing camo would be squashed like Waco.

14 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Most people don’t care enough about the politics to fight.

Yahoos from Berkeley, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Portland etc. could not fight their way out of a paper bag.

Any “uprising” by old, overweight right wingers running in woods wearing camo would be squashed like Waco.

A general insurrection will be unlikely... I'm just thinking more just random kooks going out attacking the "enemy".  

Eg.  Antifa protesting, eh?  I'm gonna shoot them up.  

Eg.  A pro-life rally?  I'm gonna throw molotov cocktails at them.  

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, Lancaster said:

Thus it is impossible to have both a surplus and an increased debt.  

Actually, you can have both if you don't apply the surplus toward the debt;  you just spend the surplus. 

Edited by DonLever

34 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Actually, you can have both if you don't apply the surplus toward the debt;  you just spend the surplus. 

That's just a timing thing.  They can claim a surplus at that particular point in time... but once the surplus is used... it isn't a surplus anymore as the expense size of the equation as increased to match the revenue.  

It's like saying you just earned and saved tons of money with your paystub as proof.... but neglect to tell anyone that you haven't paid your bills yet.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This Biden/Ukraine Demo-Rat nightmare is a freeken' embarrassment. That this lame party would keep down an inspiring young leader like Gabbard, while promoting the Biden/Shillary/Kerry types, is basically a case-in-point that politics are just a waste of one's time.

Sure is a heavy dose of schadenfreude however, watching Trump troll the DemoRats & lamestream media with this Ukraine-debacle. Lordee..one party can't tie their shoelaces!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This Biden/Ukraine Demo-Rat nightmare is a freeken' embarrassment. That this lame party would keep down an inspiring young leader like Gabbard, while promoting the Biden/Shillary/Kerry types, is basically a case-in-point that politics are just a waste of one's time.

Sure is a heavy dose of schadenfreude however, watching Trump troll the DemoRats & lamestream media with this Ukraine-debacle. Lordee..one party can't tie their shoelaces!

That's nice dear

• Haha 1