The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Aleksander Barkov named Panthers captain

Easily one of the most underrated players in the league. As much as people (justifiably) complain about Eastern bias causing Vancouver players to not get the respect they deserve, the same goes for Florida. Barkov is an absolute beast but because he plays for the panthers he gets largely swept under the rug.

But, but he's only 23! How could he ever handle being the captain of an NHL hockey team?

Bo better get named the C this year, I'm tired of this management team dancing around subjects when they shouldn't and not doing so when they should. Ticky tack, mickey mouse management.

Name Bo, and get it over with. He's clearly the leader of this team, perhaps they're waiting to do a ceremony between he and hank? I dunno, they have a thing for showmanship.

11 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Easily one of the most underrated players in the league. As much as people (justifiably) complain about Eastern bias causing Vancouver players to not get the respect they deserve, the same goes for Florida. Barkov is an absolute beast but because he plays for the panthers he gets largely swept under the rug.

Totally agree with you! I vacation down there and see a handful of games each year and Barkov is a great player.

16 hours ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Why would they do that if they have Bobby luuu on there team........ ;) 

I suppose they want someone young to lead them.

As another poster noted plays a solid 2 way game.

I see a bit of Johny Toews in him.

Archived