The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Virtanen for Sanheim

vannuck59

4 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

you should be banned

LOL oh Jake, where art thou! LOL He was drafted at what spot? come on draft plus what ? 4 you should be seeing something, 3rd line ,4th line what ?. He is too small to be a force as a power forward. hasn't got the mind to think the game . Im sorry but   speed he has. Show something!

4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

Virtanen has size and speed like no others and he is still way to young to trade away. There is a reason Jim picked him so high in the draft, to trade him away now for next to nothing would be idiotic 

Maybe but for Sanheim I would, we have a lot of forwards that can play in the bottom 6, not so much on D, at least  with Sanheim's skill set. I see why everyone is upset for but would you rather give up a top 6 forward instead.

I could see perhaps a Hutton and Granlund for Sanheim might peak their interest. I know his value (Hutton) is low right now but he can skate and new scenery might be good. If you don't see Granlund as a fit in future might have to do something sooner than later and Philly has cap space.

18 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

I could see perhaps a Hutton and Granlund for Sanheim might peak their interest. I know his value (Hutton) is low right now but he can skate and new scenery might be good. If you don't see Granlund as a fit in future might have to do something sooner than later and Philly has cap space.

Not likely.

Philly has a ton of young forward talent in their system. Lindblom, Vorobyov, Knight, Twarynski, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, etc, etc. Sanheim is a fantastic D prospect. There's no reason why they'd want our cast-offs.

The original proposal - JV for TS - is interesting, but not enough value for Philly. 

16 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Really? Some kid was arguing with me in the summer how Virtanen is better than Baertschi and how Virtanen should be playing on the first line with Horvat. 

Was it this guy?...

12 hours ago, martybyrd said:

Jake will get looks on top 6...maybe as early as next game.

We only have 3 legit top 6 players(Sorry Baer)...and with Greens distrust of Goldie...who else is gonna play there ?

Baer has been looking very good in the preseason.  Great passing, good speed and can fit on Bo's or Pettersson's line.

JV has been finding his wall, steady improvement especially noticeable the last month of last season.  I’d still do this trade if it were available simply because we need youth in our D, but I’m also like to see JV in the top six given a chance at a scoring role.  At the very least we will have a good third line out of him, but as someone else suggested it’s too early to give up on him, great shot and elite speed, plus he can cream guys....

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

JV has been finding his wall, steady improvement especially noticeable the last month of last season.  I’d still do this trade if it were available simply because we need youth in our D, but I’m also like to see JV in the top six given a chance at a scoring role.  At the very least we will have a good third line out of him, but as someone else suggested it’s too early to give up on him, great shot and elite speed, plus he can cream guys....

Think can say with 100% certainty that this trade is not available at this time....

53 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Was it this guy?...

Baer has been looking very good in the preseason.  Great passing, good speed and can fit on Bo's or Pettersson's line.

Bear just needs to stay healthy and he could reach 50pts, not bad for the third wheel on the top line or a second line forward.  Great pickup from Calgary for what we gave up, not many second rounders play as many games as he’s done already...

On 2018-09-21 at 7:58 PM, vannuck59 said:

Yup you heard me time to Fish , we are done cutting bait.Trading youth for youth Jake is floundering need a new start ,Travis Sanheim would up grade our D and give us PP puck distributor . add Hutton if necessary 

You want to trade away a player who is possibly the fastest player in the league, the 6th best in the NHL at controlled zone entries, one of the hardest hitters, who can score? You are off your rocker. 

In my opinion Green has no idea what he has in Virtanen. So that is not Jake’s fault. Last year he was consistently played with the slowest players on the team. Doesn’t that just negate his speed. Green is still learning, but if he put Virtanen on a line with Horvat and Boeser, that could be the best line in the NHL. 

Last year playing on lines mostly with lesser players, and never on the powerplay, he had .57 goals per 60 minutes played even strength. That was better than Baertschi, Gagner, Henrick and others. He was even tied with Horvat. Considering he rarely played with decent players and not once played with Horvat and Boeser, (Baertschi was on mostly) he accomplished quite a bit. 

Virtanen’s biggest draw back is a coach who has never seen a player like this and doesn’t know how best to use him. He should be the first player out in overtime, on the powerplay, he would even be an awesome penalty killer with many short handed goals. 

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

Never trade Virtanen. 

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Bear just needs to stay healthy and he could reach 50pts, not bad for the third wheel on the top line or a second line forward.  Great pickup from Calgary for what we gave up, not many second rounders play as many games as he’s done already...

Baertschi does OK with Horvat but nothing without him. Other players would improve that line. 

11 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Was it this guy?...

Baertschi is looking good on a powerplay with Horvat, Boeser, and Pettersson? I say Horvat, Pettersson, and Boeser are making Baertschi look good. Anyone on with those players will get points. Sutter got a goal tonight with Pettersson and Horvat wasn’t even on that line. Baertschi is a good opportunist but doesn’t drive the play. Virtanen would make that powerplay awesome. 

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

He was a cheap pick up I give you that, and he served a purpose. The problem now is that the team has much more talent. Yes, throw him out on a powerplay with Pettersson, Horvat, and Boeser and he looks good. But even Gaunce or Dowd would do as well. I would like to see Green use more skilled players or players with some corner ability. 

On 2018-09-22 at 8:16 AM, martybyrd said:

Jake will get looks on top 6...maybe as early as next game.

We only have 3 legit top 6 players(Sorry Baer)...and with Greens distrust of Goldie...who else is gonna play there ?

I agree on the Baertschi comment. He was a good fill in for a bit but not a top 6 on any team. He does nothing without Horvat. 

On 2018-09-22 at 3:45 AM, Drakrami said:

Really? Some kid was arguing with me in the summer how Virtanen is better than Baertschi and how Virtanen should be playing on the first line with Horvat. 

Last year Virtanen had .57 goals per 60 mins playing even strength. Baertschi had .53. So that alone would say Virtanen is better. Moreover, Baertschi played more than 50% of all his shifts with Horvat and Boeser. Virtanen never played on that line and was often paired with Dowd and Gaunce. 

Green just misplayed the fastest player in the league with the slowest players on the team. Virtanen is a much better player than people give him credit for, and Green is hung up on Baertschi who is weak on the puck. He is an opportunist much like Gagner, put them on with good players and they do something. Ask them to drive the offense with lesser players and they disappear. 

21 minutes ago, mrtripdarren said:

You want to trade away a player who is possibly the fastest player in the league, the 6th best in the NHL at controlled zone entries, one of the hardest hitters, who can score? You are off your rocker. 

In my opinion Green has no idea what he has in Virtanen. So that is not Jake’s fault. Last year he was consistently played with the slowest players on the team. Doesn’t that just negate his speed. Green is still learning, but if he put Virtanen on a line with Horvat and Boeser, that could be the best line in the NHL. 

Last year playing on lines mostly with lesser players, and never on the powerplay, he had .57 goals per 60 minutes played even strength. That was better than Baertschi, Gagner, Henrick and others. He was even tied with Horvat. Considering he rarely played with decent players and not once played with Horvat and Boeser, (Baertschi was on mostly) he accomplished quite a bit. 

Virtanen’s biggest draw back is a coach who has never seen a player like this and doesn’t know how best to use him. He should be the first player out in overtime, on the powerplay, he would even be an awesome penalty killer with many short handed goals. 

I hear you , your saying Jake will be Todd Bertuzzi  like and Im saying Sanheim will be a stud # 1 or 2 D man for us fair trade. 

Archived