The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kavanaugh Hearings

OneSeventeen

Just now, mpt said:

Would be funny if sometime you get charged with slander.

No it would not be funny.

I have no doubt from the evidence that is publicly available that trump is a sexual predator, he confessed on tape to being one.

Science via the MRI device is showing that we choose our friends based on our brain patterns.

Other studies such as the one presented in Nature Communications this year revealed more evidence of this fact, confirming the old adage,birds of of feather will flock together.

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Exactly. These ultra far-left liberal women are stepping forward 40 years after the fact. Give me a break. I could not care less about the issues on either side, but as an outside observer, I can't get behind the stories. 

I'm female and I just shake my head at all these women suddenly digging up the past.  It just seems like the 'latest' thing to do.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I'm female and I just shake my head at all these women suddenly digging up the past.  It just seems like the 'latest' thing to do.

Are you implying that stuff that happened in the past is OK since it was a long time ago??

• Upvote 3

I hope no one who is able to have an individual thought on their own... honestly believes any of this non sense.

We own the media...and therefore we own your thoughts...

Trump bad...trump nominees bad.

We will get our 9th puppet on the Supreme court and just try to stop us..

I wish Judge Scalia just would have listened better..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

She's not making it up. Not only does she know who he was ...she has replayed it in her mind 1000s of times. Women don't forget who the attacker is...you better believe she knew exactly who did this. 

Unfortunately, this point is irrelevant. She knew who he was before the attack. 

That said, I don't doubt that the night of the incident has replayed in her head 1000s of times.

Edited by Blue Jay 22
grammar

5 hours ago, mpt said:

I completely disagree with your 2nd last paragraph.  If his nomination is withdrawn and he is innocent, then you can make allegations about anyone if you want to change a political outcome.  If he’s innocent he should be sworn in, if he is guilty he shouldn’t.  You can’t punish someone for doing nothing wrong if nothing wrong was done.

He has stated that he is not withdrawing.  Guilt in this situation one way or the other cannot be proved. Lapse of time and the nature of the crime make it difficult to.

There is doubt about him so the common sense thing to do would be look for a different candidate.  

A terrible situation for all side to say the least. 

Crime must be punished, but at the same time it has been many decades and the accused was probably some dumb kid acting inappropriately.  

With the whole #MeToo movement, it's about women finally standing up against the men who took advantage of them.  This case is kind of different that Kavanaugh technically wasn't even a "man" back then as he was still just a 17 year old teenage boy.  Semantics aside, I'm assuming he haven't been accused of assaulting others since that incident, so it's safe to say that he was just acting stupid back then.  I hate to downplay the trauma he has caused to Dr. Ford or any other individuals with similar experiences.... but to be punished for something done as a teen does seem to be opening a big can of worms later down the line.

Where are we going to draw the line in terms of past grievances?  Does age make any difference?  Does the type of immoral behaviour play a role?  If some Presidential candidate who used to be a bully in high school, should that be a reason to disqualify them?  What about some future judge nominee who was a 14 year old sneaking a peak at the girl's changing room?  What about a 17 year old girl who has been caught multiple times shoplifting and smoking weed.... who has since served in the military, volunteered for countless charities and is a pillar of the community... who is now 50 and a hopeful for a cabinet position... should her history be dragged out to discredit her?

I have no idea what the solution is... but this situation stinks from all sides.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Crime must be punished, but at the same time it has been many decades and the accused was probably some dumb kid acting inappropriately.  

With the whole #MeToo movement, it's about women finally standing up against the men who took advantage of them.  This case is kind of different that Kavanaugh technically wasn't even a "man" back then as he was still just a 17 year old teenage boy.  Semantics aside, I'm assuming he haven't been accused of assaulting others since that incident, so it's safe to say that he was just acting stupid back then.  I hate to downplay the trauma he has caused to Dr. Ford or any other individuals with similar experiences.... but to be punished for something done as a teen does seem to be opening a big can of worms later down the line.

Where are we going to draw the line in terms of past grievances?  Does age make any difference?  Does the type of immoral behaviour play a role?  If some Presidential candidate who used to be a bully in high school, should that be a reason to disqualify them?  What about some future judge nominee who was a 14 year old sneaking a peak at the girl's changing room?  What about a 17 year old girl who has been caught multiple times shoplifting and smoking weed.... who has since served in the military, volunteered for countless charities and is a pillar of the community... who is now 50 and a hopeful for a cabinet position... should her history be dragged out to discredit her?

I have no idea what the solution is... but this situation stinks from all sides.  

There are other more horrid accusations about what he did in college 

As a man.

If of course the other accusations and mark judges book is to be considered believable 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There are other more horrid accusations about what he did in college 

As a man.

If of course the other accusations and mark judges book is to be considered believable 

Most I've read just primarily focused on the event in question, I had no idea about the other accusations after that.  

If that's the case, then it's a different story.  Open him up like a book.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

What about a young teen age alter boy who has been a loner since he was abused over forty years ago. 

Whose ability to relate to others has been mocked by others at certain points in his life.

The things that happen to us in our formative years are probably the most important events that shape our lives.

The people who perpetrate these events should be held to account no matter how much time has passed and how many people their actions have affected.

Personally I see no " stink" from the Dr Blasey-Fords story.

What I see is an environment where sexual predators are being held to account for their actions while there is a self confessed sexual predator occupying the highest office of his country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

It's hard for me to agree with the "boys will be boys" mentality in this. What Dr. Ford described was horrifying from her point of view. If her events are somehow proven true, then I don't see any argument to allow Kavanaugh to become one of the highest ranking members of the law.

I think this is a matter that should have been investigated by the FBI in the appropriate timely manner...but, I don't think it will. The Republicans already came out and said they would not change the vote date. And the Democrats should have reported it or brought it to the committee instead of holding keeping the information secret to themselves like school kids sharing secret crushes. Everyone is at fault for the mess we are in now, and it has put Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford's lives through misery. Nobody is winning in this situation. 

Based on all that we have in front of us between testimony, evidence (and lack of), I think Kavanaugh will get sworn in. I don't see any Republicans wavering and I think the Democrats failed miserably with swaying the moderate Republicans and who have the ability to sway important issues in their favor.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Maybe they finally have the courage to come forward because the climate has changed somewhat in regard to their stories being taken seriously.

I shake my head at women like you who seem to condone the behaviour of sexual predators.

• Upvote 1