The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Yotes @ Nucks 7:00pm from Kelowna - Watch on SNet

xereau

1488209403-Vancouver_Canucks_vs_Arizona_

3Bug4qk.png

DoRS6GvWkAMKR8d.jpg:large

DoMznLyV4AAaOMd.jpg:large

No one made a thread so here is a quickie.

Go Canucks Go!

Vancouver Canucks play in Kelowna

The NHL team will end their pre-season at Prospera Place tonight

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Kelowna Rockets are just a couple of hours away from puck drop in Prince George for their first of back-to-back visits to the CN Centre this weekend. Seven and a half hours south on Highway 97 the Vancouver Canucks and Arizona Coyotes get set for their Saturday night NHL Preseason matchup at Prospera Place in Kelowna.

Hockey fans in the Okanagan will be taking in action from the world’s most prestigious hockey league as the Canucks and Coyotes wrap up their preseason schedules in front of a sold out crowd at Prospera Place.

Former Kelowna Rockets defenceman and current Canucks blueliner Alexander Edler is travelling to Kelowna, but whether or not he will play has yet to be determined as these clubs shape their rosters for the NHL’s opening night.

It is set to be an exciting matchup with two young teams building to become NHL powerhouses.

READ MORE: Vancouver Canucks will end pre-season with game in Kelowna

Headlining the Vancouver Canucks roster is a young sniper gushing with talent in Brock Boeser, followed by young stars like Bo Horvat, Elias Pettersson, Troy Stecher, Jake Virtanen, and Sven Baertschi just to name a few. Horvat (2G,3A) and Pettersson (1G,4A) are tied for the team-lead in preseason scoring with five points each. Look out for this club for years to come in the NHL.

Headlining the Arizona Coyotes roster is all-star defenceman Oliver Ekman-Larsson who was named their fourth Captain in franchise history (Following Keith Tkachuk, Teppo Numminen, Shane Doan) in mid-September. 20-year-old Clayton Keller is currently leading their club in preseason scoring with six points (1G, 5A). The Coyotes are a team that is loaded with young talent with names such as Jakob Chychrun, Dylan Strome, Nick Merkley (will not play in Kelowna), Brendan Perlini, Christian Fischer, Alex Galchenyuk, and the list goes on. There is a lot to be excited about watching this team.

Saturday night’s rosters are undetermined at this point as it is the final game of each teams preseason schedule and team management will be making decisions regarding their opening night rosters.

Puck drop on Saturday at Prospera Place between the Canucks and the Coyotes is at 7 p.m.

The Rockets are spending the weekend in Prince George before returning home for a Wednesday, Oct. 3 matchup with the Vancouver Giants. It’s Hat-Trick Wednesday, get your tickets before 2pm on Wednesday and for $19.99 fans receive a hot dog, a pop, and a ticket to the game.

Tickets are on sale at selectyourtickets.com, at the Prospera Place box office or by phone at 250-762-5050. First six regular season games now available.

Season tickets are on sale now. Contact by email – Gavin Hamilton – gavinh@kelownarockets.com or Andrew Deans – andrewd@kelownarockets.com, or by phone at 250-860-7825.

*********************************************************************************

I have been blacked out of every Coyotes game this preseason; I'll be pissed if I'm blocked from this one too.

Always a great time when my two favorite teams do battle. I'll be cheering on the Canucks of course, but now sure is an exciting time to be a Yotes fan. They're farther ahead in the rebuild.

Last few forward spots to be determined today?

Edit: It's a bad PR move not to release the roster early!! How are the media expected to speculate and whine when they don't know who to speculate and whine about. er about whom they are speculating and whining? Edit: OK now they can whine about No Motte? No Archie?

5-4 Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Been trolled hard by leafs and oilers fans this week and other people who don’t even watch......

this is is why I’m positive most people are mongoloids.

Oilers and Leafs fans are mainly composed of reprobates and mongrels of low character. Sneakthiefs the lot of em!

6 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I have been blacked out of every Coyotes game this preseason; I'll be pissed if I'm blocked from this one too.

Always a great time when my two favorite teams do battle. I'll be cheering on the Canucks of course, but now sure is an exciting time to be a Yotes fan. They're farther ahead in the rebuild.

ARZ is definitely further ahead. They will be a competitive team this year. Not a playoff team yet but close. Canucks are at least 2 years behind in the rebuild. 

Weird how they had Gagner on Sutter's line given Sutter is likely our primary shutdown forward. Guess the 4th line won't be much more offensive. Lol. I don't have a problem with Gagner specifically, just have a problem with where he fits exactly. Would rather have Motte in that spot since he plays bigger than he is and imo would fit better with the linemates.

Pretty sure this is the game that will tell us what type of team the Canucks will be this year. I know its preseason, and their have only been a couple positives. I am thinking if they are competitive in this match they will be a competitive team. If they fail to bring it, I don't see much for options. 3-2 Yotes 

Archived