The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

0403E0DA-13FC-4926-8964-9664CBA45954.png

Carolina Hurricanes Current Roster and Pre-Free Agency State of the Union

Unless I make some moves (likely), I’ve already got my roster set for next season. Made it to the 3rd round, and was 10 points away from making the Finals. With not owning my own first round pick again next year, the goal is to first finish the regular season as high as possible. The Metro is beast of a division, as evidenced by the fact that the Eastern Conference Finals was two Wild Card teams, held by 6th overall and 7th overall clubs in the league from the Metro (Caps and Hurricanes).

Like the last few years, I will not be going after any notable free agents. Below is our current roster, with a few prospects that will challenge for roster spots either at the start of the season or injury (those left out have committed to college, or will need another season in the AHL). Should they make it, we will need to make some moves. Bolded players are not being shopped, or have full NTC/NMC and not eager to move. But, that said, no player is off limits. Wasn’t looking to move Scheifele, but he was moved in a deal I couldn’t say no to. So if interested in any players, Carolina is always open for business.

Panarin - Kadri - Voracek

Johnsson - Kotkaniemi - Laine

Aston Reese - Eller - Armia

Lemieux - Faksa - Frolik

L’Esperance

Yandle - Dumba

Pulock - Byfuglien 

Martinez - Andersson

Simek

Hart

DeSmith

*Nearly Ready for Prime Time*

Forwards

Alex Barre-Boulet 

Julien Gauthier

Tye Felhaber

Keegan “Mother F**kin’” Kolesar

Sam Lafferty

Defence

Grant Hutton

Goalie

Ivan Nalimov

ELC (Expected to use on):

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

Shane Bowers

Mac Hollowell

Top Prospects:

Scott Perunovich

Alexander Khovanov 

Patrik Puistola 

Connor Dewar

None of my above prospects are off limits. However, I know everyone in this league is smart. We’ve all done our homework. For instance, if you want Ukko-Pekka, don’t offer a guy who was drafted in the 5th round IRL last year who, at best, willl be a 7th defenseman (yeah, that happened). We all want to win a deal, but let’s not pretend that anyone here is “touched” (see: special needs). :lol: 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

if you want Ukko-Pekka, don’t offer a guy who was drafted in the 5th round IRL last year who, at best, willl be a 7th defenseman (yeah, that happened). :lol: 

I feel this was me, hahaha.... to be fair, there were picks involved too, hahaha...

to be fair,

Image result for arizona coyotes  Arizona Coyotes Image result for arizona coyotes az logo

State of the Franchise 

Two years into our rebuild, and things are starting to look up for the desert dogs. We have plenty of cap-space heading into July 1st, and a pile of young talent both on the roster and in the pipeline that have us very excited. We look forward to seeing what presents itself on July 1st in free agency, as we will have some openings to fill. But we feel that we are pointing in the right direction and we have two 1st's next summer to play with as well.

Lucic - Thomas - Mantha

Vesey - Necas - Ryan

Girgensons - Cave - Virtanen

Aberg - Amadio - Lehtera

Skjei - E. Johnson

Brodin - Sanheim

Hutton - Bortuzzo

Rutta - Kronwall

Anderson

???

BOLD= RFA

Italic= UFA

*Nearly Ready for Prime Time*

F C.J. Suess

D Mikey Anderson

D Mitch Reinke

G Patrik Rybar

Top Prospects:

D Adam Boqvist

C Trevor Zegras

RW Dominik Bokk

G Olivier Rodrigue

LW Egor Afanasyev

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 2

On 6/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, Nail said:

image0.jpg?width=600%26height=448&key=ef

The Chicago Blackhawks have re-signed Evan Rodrigues to a 2 year deal worth $2.5M per year.

@Bombastik der Teutone

@Monty

The Blackhawks are pleased to add Evan  for 2 Years to the Organisation. 

Evan has become a solid third liner and he´s also  a solid Scorer. He will be a helpful addition , specially on the Center Position. 

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Carolina Hurricanes and New York Islanders have franchise swapped, @Monty is now the GM of the Islanders with the Hurricanes old players, while the now vacant Hurricanes have the Islanders old players.

Both these teams draft picks have had their names swapped as well.

*Note, normally I am not a fan of doing this, however since both teams are in the same division I decided to let it pass as it should have no effect on the game*

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nail said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Carolina Hurricanes and New York Islanders have franchise swapped, @Monty is now the GM of the Islanders with the Hurricanes old players, while the now vacant Hurricanes have the Islanders old players.

Both these teams draft picks have had their names swapped as well.

*Note, normally I am not a fan of doing this, however since both teams are in the same division I decided to let it pass as it should have no effect on the game*

Reactions from Islanders fans have started to pour in:

B74B1685-1078-4F7F-8F45-1529F69BFD43.gif

And Mike Milbury <_<

617C0071-0CD9-4BBD-A031-61AF7CB66739.gif

• Haha 1

pit_comp.gif

2019-2020 Pittsburgh Penguins

Jonathan Drouin - Jonathan Toews - Mikael Granlund

Brady Tkachuk - Charlie Coyle - Travis Konecny

Jordan Weal - Henrik Borgstrom - Troy Terry

Nick Cousins - Casey Cizikas - Joey Anderson

Torey Krug - Adam Larsson

Trevor Van Riemsdyk - Marc Methot

Brandon Manning - Oliver Kylington

Thomas Greiss

Andrew Hammond

Prospects: Nick Merkley, Sam Steel, Patrick Harper, Dillon Dube, Tanner Laczynski, Robin Kovacs, Eetu Tuulola, Nicolas Meloche, Ilya Sorokin, Connor Ingram, Joel Farabee, Drake Batherson, Calen Addison, Jesse Ylonen, Jakub Lauko, Jack Drury, Aidan Dudas, Gabriel Fortier, Peyton Krebs, Mikko Kokkonen, Robert Mastrosimone, Nikita Alexandrov, Tuukka Tieksola, Mike Koster, Dmitri Voronkov, and Aaron Huglen. 

We are excited to be entering 2019-2020 with the current roster we have. While we could stand some improvement on our D-line and in net we are also quite confident that help is on the way in regards to players like Calen Addison and Ilya Sorokin. We have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league and look forward to seeing how all our players develop this upcoming season. 

• Upvote 1

ATEST NEWS

JUN 17, 6:33 PM EDT

Vilardi (back) will not be at the Kings' development camp next week, Curtis Zupke of the Los Angeles Times reports.

ANALYSIS

Vilardi is still rehabbing his back injury in Canada and it's unknown whether he'll attend the Kings' rookie camp right now. Drafted 11th overall in 2017, the 19-year-old forward notched an assist in four games with AHL Ontario last season.

:(

31 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

:(

That is some rough news. I hate to say it, as I want the guy to succeed (why wouldn’t I), but I don’t think he’ll make it. Really feel for the guy.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

That is some rough news. I hate to say it, as I want the guy to succeed (why wouldn’t I), but I don’t think he’ll make it. Really feel for the guy.

this all sounds not good ..i  and i guess alot of people had high hopes into Gabe.

now its just important that he´ll recover ...anyways his career was over before it started . 

lets hope.....

next guy i need news from is Conor Timmins . he missed the entire season due an injury

worst case scenario  for  the hawks.... to lose 2 of their best prospects :unsure::(