The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Read that alot of People blame our Youngster Max Comtois for the loss against Finland at the WJC .

Havent seen Highlights yet but i guess thats not they way to treat a Kid. 

Also noticed that he blamed himself for some mediocre Games in the Pre-Tournament Games and right after that he was named the Captain for the Team.

He allready played well in some NHL Games and i hope this all will have no impact on him for his furute. Keep your head up Max ....there were Canadian Teams with Big Names

who wasnt able to win a Tournament. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Read that alot of People blame our Youngster Max Comtois for the loss against Finland at the WJC .

Havent seen Highlights yet but i guess thats not they way to treat a Kid. 

Also noticed that he blamed himself for some mediocre Games in the Pre-Tournament Games and right after that he was named the Captain for the Team.

He allready played well in some NHL Games and i hope this all will have no impact on him for his furute. Keep your head up Max ....there were Canadian Teams with Big Names

who wasnt able to win a Tournament. 

I blame Finnland and in particular Eeli Tolvanen and U.P. Luukenen..for an awesome game where the entire Team Canada could only get one goal in 64 minutes of game time lol.....can't blame one guy for running into ...MOAR SISU! Lol

• Upvote 1

New year, maybe new talks hopefully... 

Buffalo Sabres Trading Block

On the Block: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Sven Baertschi, Pavel Zacha, Ondrej Kase
Available: Jake Allen, Damon Severson, Adam Gaudette

Not Available (don't bother inquiring): Nathan Mackinnon, Kyle Connor, Jamie Benn, Rasmus Ristolainen

Everyone in my AHL squad, outside of Eric Robinson, are available too. I don't plan on moving any of my unsigned prospects or ELC slides (besides Gaudette). 

And for Viktor Arvidsson and Dennis Cholowski... they will require a package that I can't refuse. 

I'm mainly looking for draft picks (the higher the better), young offensive defenders, and a young potential starting goalie for the future. Best to start PMs telling me who you like and what your trade block looks like. If you have a deal in mind that would be even better so we can get the ball rolling. 

I'll try to check my PMs and get back to everyone as soon as possible. You can also find me through Discord. 

Edited by donut47
  • Upvote 2

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/canadas-max-comtois-played-world-juniors-separated-shoulder/?fbclid=IwAR3HZmRFNv21v5z9f_PZgoGXQJ4CmQvdfFYScaKLeQGgiOg3nICdNC-cwSE

Team Canada captain Max Comtois played in the World Junior Hockey Championship with a separated shoulder, his NHL club the Anaheim Ducks announced Friday.

Comtois will miss the next two weeks of the QMJHL season, where he is currently playing for the Drummondville Voltigeurs, while he recovers from the injury.

NEWS: Prospect Max Comtois, who served as captain for Team Canada in the #WorldJuniors, played with a separated shoulder in the tournament. He’s out of action for about two weeks.

Comtois was the only returning player on a Canadian team that finished sixth in the tournament. He had five goals and six points in five games.

But he also made headlines for a more negative reason after Canada was eliminated by Finland with a 2-1 overtime loss in the quarterfinals. Before Finland scored the game-winning goal, Comtois was given a chance to win the game for Canada on a penalty shot in the extra frame. But he missed and shortly after Finland scored.

After that game, some people took it upon themselves to flood Comtois’ Instagram account with insults, which in turn sparked a wave of support for the 19-year-old.

Comtois was a second-round pick by the Ducks in 2017. The six-foot-two left winger made the team out of camp and appeared in 10 NHL games this season, scoring two goals and another five assists. But a lower-body injury forced him out of action for a month and after a brief conditioning stint with AHL San Diego, the Ducks returned him to the Voltigeurs at the end of November.

In five games with Drummondville he has three goals and seven points.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

Rumour: The Ottawa Senators have let it be known to the league that they would take on a big cap hit for teams looking to clear space for future deals

So would the Hurricanes :bigblush: