Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

9 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NSH - Mikko Koskinen

To CAR - Zack Kassian, Melker Karlsson

@Master Mind

Thanks to @lethunder for the quick negotiations.

Not terribly thrilled that I wasn’t able to get Koskinen into games this season. But with the addition of DeSmith and Hart appearing to be the starter going forward in Philly, it became apparent that Koskinen, even if he were playing for me, was going to have trouble finding playing time beyond this season. I wish him well.

Really happy to bring in Melker Karlsson and Zack Kassian. One will for sure be in the playoffs, while the other is a bit of a crapshoot. If Zack and the Oilers get in, he’s usually good for some PIMs. If not, then maybe he gets traded and helps out in the 4th line somewhere.

In the middle of negotiations with the rest of my RFAs, so it appears as though I may be done now for trades. If you have a bonafide playoff starter, now is the time to reach out. More importantly, if Matt Dumba interests you, better send in an offe lr ASAP, as I’m going to be extending him. Once extended, I will not be trading him.

Brian Boyle is quietly providing great value in Vancouver. 

Notching 12 goals and 5 assists with 119 pool points thus far in the season, Brian Boyle looks to be our only roster forward who at this point in the year is almost sure to miss the playoffs. Despite not being available to us in the post season, Boyle is not considered on the block currently, as his cap hit is a luxury at 3.35million. A true value player locked up for two more season, Boyle is a core component of the team. 

A deal coming back us would have to be real good to consider moving Brian, he has done everything we asked him to do for us and has a lot of runway left in his career. This is a contract every team should want on its books. Would I consider a deal involving Brian Boyle? Yes of course, but would i pull the trigger? There would have to be a compelling argument to get that done. 

• Cheers 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:18 AM, Nail said:

7be45f0de9e1f65ebdc3873b63487177.png

I have had for 25 years a putrid hate for Keith Tkachuk.

Glad I play with calculation. Not emotion. I can tell you I was torn as to whether I should pass on his son Matthew.

So far its rewarding me.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have had for 25 years a putrid hate for Keith Tkachuk.

Glad I play with calculation. Not emotion. I can tell you I was torn as to whether I should pass on his son Matthew.

So far its rewarding me.  

Olli Juolevi :picard:

Los Angeles Kings, Prospect Update

This time the focus is on our unsigned prospects:

Ian Mitchell, D – NCAA – 18GP, 3G, 12A, +11

Fresh off a good tournament at the Juniors (other than the disappointing team result), Ian is back at dominating the NCAA. As much as the Blackhawks are struggling now, they may have one of the most promising future bluelines, with Mitchell, Boqvist, Jokiharju, and Beaudin coming up…and all under 20 years of age.

Connor Bunnaman, C – AHL – 28GP, 9G, 6A

Connor has had a really nice start to his AHL career. With some changes likely coming in Philadelphia, he may get bumped up the depth chart next season, and potentially get some call-ups.

Jakob Stenqvist, D – Allsvenskan – 36GP, 6G, 17A

Despite being only 20, Jakob is in his 3rd full season in Allsvenskan. Last year he won the award for Most Points by a Junior player – won by Jonathan Dahlen the previous year. This was the first time in the 12-year history that a defenseman ever won. Dallas may have another Klingberg on their hands here.

Benoit-Olivier Groulx, C – QMJHL – 39GP, 19G, 22A, 38PIMs, +16

Benoit has taken a noticeable step forward in his draft+1 year. Is a good candidate to make Team Canada for next year’s WJC.

Gustav Lindstrom, D – SHL – 31GP, 3G, 3A, 28PIMs

Gustav is holding his own as a 20-year old in Sweden’s top league. Not a lot of offensive upside, but projects to be a solid 2nd-pairing NHL D-man.

Dylan Wells, G – AHL/ECHL

Dylan has been inconsistent in the past, but has definite upside, and so far has had a solid start to his pro career – much better than other Edmonton goaltending prospect Stuart Skinner. The Athletic recently ranked him 10th in Oilers prospects, the highest of their goalies.

Also congratulations to prospect Martins Dzierkals on being named KHL rookie of the week recently. Martins did a brief stint with his former Latvian team, and came back a new man, and has really started to produce in the KHL. Still holding hope that he'll be back in North America some day - he's still only 21.

• Upvote 1

@D-Money doing his prospect report reminded me that I forgot to do my December report. The following to come a little later tonight (hopefully):

December Report:

Keegan Kolesar

Alexandre Carrier

Mikey Anderson

Nathan Smith

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen