The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Just now, Nail said:

image0.jpg?width=600&height=448

The New York Islanders have signed Colin Wilson to a 1 year deal worth $1.3M per year.

They have also signed Joshua Ho-Sang to a 2 year offersheet worth $1M per year. The Washington Capitals will have 48 hours to match the offersheet or receive no compensation in return. @Silver Ghost

@Monty

@Silver Ghost Don't use Ho-Sang's alarm clock. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To ARZ - Joel Armia, NYI 2021 5th Round Pick

To NYI - Milan Lucic (50% retained for 2019-20 season)

@Master Mind

Thanks to @Monty for this deal, which came together rather quickly. We were pleased to flex some of our cap space muscle earlier this offseason by bringing in a Milan and a 3rd round pick in the draft in exchange for a conditional 5th, and we were planning to enter the season as is. But when Joel Armia was offered up, who’s under contract for 3 more seasons and is more in line with our youth movement, we felt that we could make this deal as is, with a net-zero effect in salary, while also bringing in another 5th-rounder down the road.

While we expect to be much improved this season, we feel that our window will truly open up in 2020/21 which is where our focus continues to be. That’s when Domi’s and Lucic’s retained salaries come off of our books and when we hope to see guys like Adam Boqvist and Trevor Zegras press for spots.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nail said:

image0.jpg?width=600&height=448

The New York Islanders have signed Colin Wilson to a 1 year deal worth $1.3M per year.

They have also signed Joshua Ho-Sang to a 2 year offersheet worth $1M per year. The Washington Capitals will have 48 hours to match the offersheet or receive no compensation in return. @Silver Ghost

@Monty

Washington matches

13 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To STL - Dan Hamhuis, NSH 2020 3rd Round Pick

To WSH - STL 2021 4th Round Pick

@Master Mind

Thanks to @inanefor the negotiations on this one. We are sad to lose a quality leader like Dan but the reality of the salary cap came calling. We feel that Dan will still be a solid depth player and wish him the best of luck in St Louis. Getting back a 3rd in the DeAngelo offer sheet conpensation gave us the leverage to pull this deal off to get cap compliant.

Washington still has their eyes on making a few more changes prior to the season so feel free to inquire about potential deals.

10 hours ago, Nail said:

I've gone through and updated all the positions for NHL forwards. The positions are based off of what is listed on Elite Prospects, and there were actually quite a few that had secondary positions added on/taken away as well as some players who had their primary position change entirely. I will hold off from updating all the minor league forwards positions for now, as they are currently not as big of a priority.

Are we requiring a strict adherence to LW/C/RW ?

On 8/5/2019 at 9:32 PM, Down by the River said:

@Silver Ghost Don't use Ho-Sang's alarm clock. 

As a team player and even in my army life before I retired, my life experience is that his team and roomies let him down. He could be a social misfit, he may be 'selfish' as early reports said, but I suspect it has more to do with physical traits and the politics of this new trump era. Just a hunch...

My only evidence is that any team I have ever been a member of wouldn't let a team mate sleep in even when we didn't like him much. His failure to wake up on time was a team failure, imo

12 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

His failure to wake up on time was a team failure, imo

Hmm, I wonder. Because on the other hand, Evander Kane was never liked in Winnipeg and Buffalo, and he got to practices on time. When he didn’t, it’s because he thought he was above it (ie: going to NBA All Star game instead of going to practice). 

I think it’s a sense of entitlement and perhaps people (ie: billets, parents) coddling him and giving into his behaviour because of how talented he is.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Hmm, I wonder. Because on the other hand, Evander Kane was never liked in Winnipeg and Buffalo, and he got to practices on time. When he didn’t, it’s because he thought he was above it (ie: going to NBA All Star game instead of going to practice). 

I think it’s a sense of entitlement and perhaps people (ie: billets, parents) coddling him and giving into his behaviour because of how talented he is.

Very well could be true, but my case in point is a young kid, well adult, but mentally a kid, got assigned to my unit when we were doing some really important stuff after 9/11 and before North American deployed to take out Afghanistan. Our crew was working in 8 hour shifts 24/7 for months and his shift people complained daily about his hygeine, commitment to the mission, missing meals, not showering and generally being a curmudgeon. They left him out to dry over and over on purpose to get rid of him... I took measures to correct the situation, found out his mom was killed in her kitchen in front of him as a young child and as a foster kid/ward of the state he grew up untethered until they convinced him to join the service as an adult with very little prospects... In a few short weeks he became a valuable asset to the team becuase we worked on the issues that led his team mates to ostricize and 'punish' him at the squad level..

I suggest that yeah of course he messed up in not waking up on time for whatever reason, but he had a room mate and team mates that generally speaking would have been in and out of each others spaces from the second their eyes opened...but for some reason with all those fail safes in place he still slept in so much so that he was literally late at the rink. Failures on many levels and one of them has to be a team failure. Granted he may have had issues with the team mates..but it was still a team failure. 

I guess for me it just sounds like an easy excuse to get rid of a guy you don't like. My speculation is they don't like him for skintone reasons more so than personality reasons: my dentist is an ex NHL hockey player and he says point blank: to even have a chance at making the NHL you have to be really high on yourself and in fact quite vain, so it can't just be that he is cocksure of himself and therefore people don't like him..most hockey players fit that bill. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

New York Rangers are looking to move one or two of the following players. Looking for picks, prospects or a cheaper option.

• Calle Jarnkrok
  • Michael Matheson
  • Jake Muzzin
  • Matt Niskanen

Hope you guys are all having a great summer too. :)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Excited to see Priskie sign with the canes!

Apologies for the lack of activity here over the last couple weeks, I’ve been pretty busy. I fully intend to complete any trades/signings in my inbox this weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1