The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Predators are looking at moving out a centre for help on the wing or backend as we don't want to go into the season with 3 top flight centres. 

° Matt Barzal 

° Nico Hischier 

° Vinny Trocheck

If you think you have a player(s) or pieces that you think would make sense for the Preds let me know! 

*we are happy to keep all three if a deal doesn't make sense for us*

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

Sorry for the delay.

Philadelphia selects Nils Höglander.

Nice pick. Had a few guys I was choosing at the end, with Hoglander being the last one cut.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Nice pick. Had a few guys I was choosing at the end, with Hoglander being the last one cut.

His size scares me, especially since he isn’t a goal scorer. But he is one elusive SOB, and fast as they come with some sick hands. Maybe the next Robbie schremp? But I’m going for a home run like a Gaudreau.

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

But he is one elusive

Yup.

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

and fast as they come

Definitely not. Not slow, but definitely not fast. That combined with his size is what eventually turned me away.

Wasn’t his size that turned me away, just that he wasn’t a fast skater with his size. Puistola isn’t a fast skater, either.

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yup.

Definitely not. Not slow, but definitely not fast. That combined with his size is what eventually turned me away.

Wasn’t his size that turned me away, just that he wasn’t a fast skater with his size. Puistola isn’t a fast skater, either.

All the clips I’ve seen him in he looks fast? Gets around quickly. Which is more important than straight speed I guess. 

• Upvote 1

Monty Said in the draft thread...."With the 31st pick in the 2019 NHL draft, the Carolina Hurricanes select, from Tappara Liiga..."

The Tampere Battle Axe did really well in current history, winning the Liiga in 2016 and 2017..LOL Jannik Hansen, Theoren Fleury, Justin Braun (just six games, haha), SASHA BARKOV!!!, and SWOON...my man, Patrik Laine...Jori Lehtora, Tony Lydman, Tepo Nunnimen...and half a dozen more world famous hockey players came through their rink, the oldest ice hockey stadium in the country of Finland. The more you know., one to grow on, the reading rainbow...go JOE!

almost forgot....I kid you not..their goalie is a 40ish years old Nik Backstrom, LOL

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, _arby_18 said:

With the 33th overall pick that we just acquired, the Arizona Coyotes are pleased to select, from the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL...

Egor-Afanasyev-Muskegon-Lumberjacks-575x323.jpg

LW Egor Afanasyev!

@Tigs

Feeling both good and bad that two of the players that were on my 5 short list were taken immediately after me. Good that I may have been on the right path. Bad that with Puistola...

6B87EE23-C61E-44D4-92DA-FA3898CC747B.gif

The Pittsburgh Penguins select Mikko Kokkonen via list. @Tigs

The St. Louis Blues select Jakob Pelletier via list. @inane

Both good picks. Kokkonen was someone I had that I crossed off perhaps sooner than I should have. May regret it.