The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Political leanings of CDC

canuckster19

Political leanings  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With all the politically charged hubbub going on I thought it would be interesting to get a perspective of how CDC feels they lean politically.

So here's the chart, pick the coordinate that suits you, votes are anonymous.

Apologize for my lack of MS Paint skills.

politicalleaning.png

5 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I was trying to find a website where I could make a chart that everyone could just put a marking, but I couldn't find one.

I'm not knocking what you are doing specifically.

I am just not a fan of the concept in general.

Carry on :) 

why do people have to define themselves with a label.  I consider myself common sense.

I am for abortion, gay marriage, taking religion out of politics, healthcare for all and I believe in climate change

But I would consider myself fiscally conservative.

All I want is logical, smart people running government. 

I consider myself a Voluntarist.  Peaceful, voluntary association.  If a cause is good enough to volunteer for, it is probably a worthy cause.  For something which you have to be coerced, say at the barrel of a gun, chances are you are being put through the wringer.  I view the true political paradigm as Individualism vs Collectivism.  Liberty vs Tyranny.  It tends to be personally Liberal and politically Conservative.  The best of "both" worlds in this particular chart.  I look at Nationalism and Globalism as two sides of the same coin.  Both collectively coercive, one just more so.

left-right-political-spectrum.jpg

I used to have a nation at https://www.nationstates.net (little online game where you answer political conundrums a few times a week to shape a nation) called Kerplahzistan.  My national currency was the stolen bicycle and things ended up being pretty chaotic politically trying to ride the line of Individual Liberty and economic freedom.  Lots of pollution and corruption and stuff kept popping up in the legislature that was a pain in the arse to deal with.  Edit:  I lost touch with it, but just restored it.  Try it out, its not a bad lesson in political discourse.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

I consider myself a Voluntarist.  Peaceful, voluntary association.  If a cause is good enough to volunteer for, it is probably a worthy cause.  For something which you have to be coerced, say at the barrel of a gun, chances are you are being put through the wringer.  I view the true political paradigm as Individualism vs Collectivism.  Liberty vs Tyranny.  It tends to be personally Liberal and politically Conservative.  The best of "both" worlds in this particular chart.  I look at Nationalism and Globalism as two sides of the same coin.  Both collectively coercive, one just more so.

left-right-political-spectrum.jpg

I used to have a nation at https://www.nationstates.net (little online game where you answer political conundrums a few times a week to shape a nation) called Kerplahzistan.  My national currency was the stolen bicycle and things ended up being pretty chaotic politically trying to ride the line of Individual Liberty and economic freedom.  Lots of pollution and corruption and stuff kept popping up in the legislature that was a pain in the arse to deal with.  Edit:  I lost touch with it, but just restored it.  Try it out, its not a bad lesson in political discourse.

Your chart makes much more sense than the OP's.  I also will not vote in the poll

2 hours ago, Stelar said:

why do people have to define themselves with a label.  I consider myself common sense.

I am for abortion, gay marriage, taking religion out of politics, healthcare for all and I believe in climate change

Once we started looking at the details your fiscally conservative would not hold water

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Brother one of the best posts about politics I have ever read on this forum.

The fact that I believe as you do in women's reproductive rights, seperating church from state, health care for all, a belief in climate change and being fiscally conservative is the least of it.

It was your last statement that really reasonated with me the most.

Just now, samurai said:

Once we started looking at the details your fiscally conservative would not hold water

I do not believe that to be a fact.

It is the distribution of wealth that is the real problem.

A lot of that can be dealt with by legislation by politicians.

Archived